Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 22, 2018, 07:01 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Forza Horizon 4 / MS Store questions

So I just upgraded to Windows 10 and looking around the MS Store for games. I've always wanted to play Forza but there seems to be dozens of various editions and sequels and I'm also not sure how the XBOX pass works here.

So I've just activated the 14-day Pass trial and does this mean I can install ANY game from the Store and play it for 14 days for free?

And second, I can see Forza Horizon 4: Standard, Deluxe, and Ultimate editions, but then I can also see one FH4 entry that does not have any edition mentioned in the title... what's up with that? It also doesn't say if it's a trial, owned, priced game, nada...

Too confused now, lol. Thanks for your advice!

Last edited by globalist : Dec 22, 2018 at 07:06 AM.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2018, 07:16 AM   #2
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Forza horizon 4 standard is included with the pass at the moment, it also isn’t every game and no where as many as the pass covers on the Xbox one. Go look what is available for the Xbox one and any of those are also available for you to install on your pc. Its just that most of them are made for the Xbox one at the moment. I find it a nice perk though as I bought the pass for the Xbox one but I can also install them on my pc if available.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2018, 07:27 AM   #3
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes you can play Forza Horizon 4 standard edition for 14 days. Possibly even finish it in that time.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 22, 2018, 09:47 AM   #4
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Forza horizon 4 standard is included with the pass at the moment, it also isn’t every game and no where as many as the pass covers on the Xbox one. Go look what is available for the Xbox one and any of those are also available for you to install on your pc. Its just that most of them are made for the Xbox one at the moment. I find it a nice perk though as I bought the pass for the Xbox one but I can also install them on my pc if available.
OK I'm still confused.

e.g. Sniper Elite 4 is only available on the Xbox One according to the Store, but we all know it's also available on the PC. So what gives?

And how can I filter out games that actually CAN be installed on my PC?

And I still don't get the difference between "FH4" and "FH4: Standard Edition":

https://imgur.com/a/0f7PuaH

Last edited by globalist : Dec 22, 2018 at 11:41 AM.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2018, 02:43 PM   #5
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You can also get the gamepass for $1 and it gives you a month of access.

Some games are just not on the MS store and some are not part of the gamepass program, so that's where some confusion can happen.

The "Forza Horizon 4" link is just the game hub page where you can pick your edition (Standard, Deluxe, Ultimate).

Unless you go searching for specific games, the store generally only shows PC games. If you click" browse all games" or even "xbox live games", then it will list PC games. You can press "More filters" and it has a filter there for PC.

You can double check on the game page. It will say "Available on: PC"
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2018, 03:13 PM   #6
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
OK I'm still confused.

e.g. Sniper Elite 4 is only available on the Xbox One according to the Store, but we all know it's also available on the PC. So what gives?

And how can I filter out games that actually CAN be installed on my PC?

And I still don't get the difference between "FH4" and "FH4: Standard Edition":

https://imgur.com/a/0f7PuaH
You need to look at what’s available on Xbox gamepass to determine what’s available for pc. In all honesty there is far more available the XBox One. And it isn’t every game on the store it’s about 100 games that some change monthly.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 01:55 PM   #7
methimpikehoses
transmigrator

methimpikehoses is still being judged by the masses

I still play FH4 almost daily to wind down my day. Great game. The seasonal challenges and races keep it fairly fresh.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 02:28 PM   #8
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
I still play FH4 almost daily to wind down my day. Great game. The seasonal challenges and races keep it fairly fresh.
Definitely a great game, haven't played much recently as I have drove every road in the main game and the first expansion, Just waiting for the next expansion to drop.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 03:13 AM   #9
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Any gay boning the LEGO expansion? How long is it? I am now building my Senna but there doesn’t seem much else to do other than challenges which sucks. I wanted more events to indulge in.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote