Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 20, 2018, 10:41 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
I just want to know what they mean by "Battlefield will never be the same." That's a pretty bold statement.

I'd love to see them do something drastically different because Battlefield is in dire need of a true refresh IMO, but I also hope it isn't just the Battle Royale mode that's been rumored for quite some time now.
Oh Battle Royale will definitely be there!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 10:27 AM   #92
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

WW2 Confirmed!

sigh of relief.

Old May 21, 2018, 10:43 AM   #93
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Pass.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 21, 2018, 11:21 AM   #94
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I demand that they call it battlefield II if it really is ww2.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 12:25 PM   #95
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The Vietnam rumor was so much better. Ugh.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 01:00 PM   #96
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I didnt want ww2 but Ill probably get this one cause I miss BF gameplay. I skipped BF1.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 01:19 PM   #97
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
The Vietnam rumor was so much better. Ugh.
Agreed.

yoz
Old May 21, 2018, 02:20 PM   #98
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

I'll pass too. Too tired of WWII theme.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 02:35 PM   #99
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
I'll pass too. Too tired of WWII theme.
Maybe I'll get it when on sale....

yoz
Old May 21, 2018, 02:35 PM   #100
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'll get it day one. No lock on weapons!
t0adp1p3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 02:38 PM   #101
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Seeing as BF1 was absolute ****, I don't really have high hopes for this one.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 02:58 PM   #102
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Likely will be buying this one. I'm really glad it's back to World War II, looking forward to it.
Old May 21, 2018, 04:54 PM   #103
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I thought it might be something completely different.

I hope they revert some changes of BF1 back to what it was before (e.g. vehicles actually in the world around checkpoints and also no tank/pilot classes)
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 01:55 AM   #104
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've skipped so many BF's. I still have BF4 installed and play it every now and then when I miss BF gameplay but I want the next one to be good. Not sure I enjoy WW2 more than modern but I'll keep my eyes open on this one - hopefully theres a MP-beta to try.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 02:15 AM   #105
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

BF1 was amazing. Wtf you gays on about?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 02:28 AM   #106
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My inside sources tell me it’s not WW2 but just a snippet of past events.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 08:47 AM   #107
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
My inside sources tell me it’s not WW2 but just a snippet of past events.

yoz
Old May 22, 2018, 10:27 AM   #108
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

More Rehash! Probably a skip for the the $5 dolla Bin.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 10:28 AM   #109
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
More Rehash! Probably a skip for the the $5 dolla Bin.
Theres only so much you can do with war. Past, current.. future. There needs to be more current war stuff. Maybe US vs the Taliban or something

Old May 22, 2018, 10:54 AM   #110
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Theres only so much you can do with war. Past, current.. future. There needs to be more current war stuff. Maybe US vs the Taliban or something
I'd argue there has been far, far more current war games than there has World War II. Battlefield only did a single WWII game and it was a loooong time ago. In contrast, there has been BF2, BF3, BF4...

I get that some people just may not like the setting, but to say it's overdone is just a bit silly. What other wars should be in games? I suppose Vietnam has t had much, but still.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:56 AM   #111
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I thought it might be something completely different.

I hope they revert some changes of BF1 back to what it was before (e.g. vehicles actually in the world around checkpoints and also no tank/pilot classes)
I agree. I didn't care for BF1 at all. Granted, I didn't spend much time on it, only the original free demo before release. But It was all of the changes you mentioned that turned me away. I didn't like the new game engine either.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:59 AM   #112
logical
What is my purpose?

Yeah I guess there are only so many things you can do. Vietnam is probably next in line after a couple of years since this is ww2.

Old May 22, 2018, 11:05 AM   #113
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Yeah I guess there are only so many things you can do. Vietnam is probably next in line after a couple of years since this is ww2.
That would be great. BF:Vietnam was a lot of fun in the Helos and being a door gunner mowing people down.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:19 AM   #114
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I agree. I didn't care for BF1 at all. Granted, I didn't spend much time on it, only the original free demo before release. But It was all of the changes you mentioned that turned me away. I didn't like the new game engine either.
BF 2142 has not been rehashed yet.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:20 AM   #115
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The masses have spoken though, they don't want any future ****.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:22 AM   #116
Nascar24

What masses are those? Would be nice to have a future BF again with today's visuals.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:31 AM   #117
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
What masses are those? Would be nice to have a future BF again with today's visuals.
A future game COULD be fun, but hopefully not anything like 2142. That was beyond awful.
Old May 22, 2018, 04:07 PM   #118
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

After EA's blundering of SW:BattleFront 2... erhm... I'll wait and see before I buy anything.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2018, 04:52 PM   #119
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
A future game COULD be fun, but hopefully not anything like 2142. That was beyond awful.
How so? Loved the Titan mode.

yoz
Old May 23, 2018, 03:04 PM   #120
Mangler
PC

WW2 super confirmed now.