Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 21, 2019, 06:07 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Where is the interest for this game? Where's all the Castlevania fans? WTF is wrong with you people?!
I'm here but I don't have anything good enough to play it on...
borat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2019, 06:48 AM   #62
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I have a couple criticisms. Some letters or words are missing from text boxes, as well as a few other random graphics anomalies. As well as while i am loving the overall game, the rigidness of the character is a little disappointing. Miriam behaves exactly like the game abyss odyssey and people dismissed it completely. Where as this is a fan boys dream so people seem to be ignoring the fact that alucard in symphony of the night actually controls better than miriam does in this new game.

Otherwise, im thoroughly enjoying it. It seems to be stuck in the 90's, but i'm loving it.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2019, 03:25 PM   #63
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I think I'm going to have to bail on the item collector achievement, way too much grinding required for that one.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:10 AM   #64
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You can use steam achievements unlocker to unlock it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2019, 12:14 AM   #65
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Depends if there is a new game plus mode. I assume there is given the multiple endings.

I do hope we get a patch soon. Lots of bugs, especially crappy ones like not being able to pick up item drops when they land anywhere but the floor. Also, anyone else get super confused after picking up the photo for the id to get into the train station? There was literally no clues or anything suggesting to go o see the librarian for a friggen passport. Why would you think that? One of the civilians would have made much more sense, seeing as they live near it ffs...
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:15 PM   #66
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Finished my first playthrough of this tonight. Great game loved every minute of it. Excellent tribute to the old SotN style Castlevanias. They really pulled this one off nicely. I still can't get over the amount of customization to your character they built into the game. So many different abilities to play with.

I still need to go back and explore a bit more, I'm at 99.30% of the map completed. Must have missed a few hidden rooms somewhere.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:09 AM   #67
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I still need to go back and explore a bit more, I'm at 99.30% of the map completed. Must have missed a few hidden rooms somewhere.
I've been playing through the game slowly. Not sure how far I am, but a decent amount through it. And just yesterday I realized that you could smash through some floors to find secret rooms. What a dumbass. Now I'm going to have to do some backtracking.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2019, 06:37 PM   #68
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Because of this game I've gone and started a new playthrough of Symphony of the Night (PSVITA version). Man that game ages like a fine wine. It's as good as ever.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:25 AM   #69
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah, replayed it myself a couple years ago, was just as great. Though shorter than i remembered. It took me way less time to complete it.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:13 AM   #70
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Yeah, replayed it myself a couple years ago, was just as great. Though shorter than i remembered. It took me way less time to complete it.
Its only about a 5 to 10 hour game. That doubles if you unlock and play the inverted castle playthrough.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:56 PM   #71
ugly
Radeon R520

The recent backer email says they'll be getting a patch out soon. One thing they are doing is nerfing a few of the abilities and weapons.

Makes sense. As soon as I got those Riga whatever fire shards, the game turned into easy mode. You can spam those without using too much of your MP and do a metric ****load of damage.

One problem with having so much content is that there are so many abilities that I end up not using most of them. The Riga shards were so powerful that I barely tried anything else. And most of the summon abilities seem useless. They should have made the shortcut slots available right from the start instead of slowly unlocking them. For the most part, I barely end up switching weapons and abilities.

I notice that with a lot of games that have a ridiculous number of skills or combos or whatever. Eventually, you forget most of them and just stick with the one or two abilities that you remember and work pretty well.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 03:10 AM   #72
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

the heretical grinder made all boss fights take seconds. and if you were lucky and got gale crawler in the start, the first half of the game was a breaze.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 07:08 AM   #73
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Y'all should check out timespinners if you want a new metroidvania.

It is a bit on the short side, so wait for a sale if you are a penny pincher.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 07:11 AM   #74
Mangler
PC

BOOH @ them nerfing stuff, a SOTN homage should have a few weapons/spells/familiars that are utterly broken.

Nerfing the Crissaegrim is just SHAMEFUL, if you want to change something about it, make the Crissaegrim Lite a more rare drop, those barbers are far too willing to part with it.

Last edited by Mangler : Jul 20, 2019 at 07:24 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:51 PM   #75
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly View Post
The recent backer email says they'll be getting a patch out soon. One thing they are doing is nerfing a few of the abilities and weapons.

Makes sense. As soon as I got those Riga whatever fire shards, the game turned into easy mode. You can spam those without using too much of your MP and do a metric ****load of damage.

One problem with having so much content is that there are so many abilities that I end up not using most of them. The Riga shards were so powerful that I barely tried anything else. And most of the summon abilities seem useless. They should have made the shortcut slots available right from the start instead of slowly unlocking them. For the most part, I barely end up switching weapons and abilities.

I notice that with a lot of games that have a ridiculous number of skills or combos or whatever. Eventually, you forget most of them and just stick with the one or two abilities that you remember and work pretty well.
Fair points, but the way I see it you are not meant to use EVERY ability option in the game. Just what you find interesting/useful to suit your own play style. This is why you can check out dozens of people playing the game and virtually all of them will be using a different equipment load out. This is the genius of the game, everyone will play it differently. Sure, you could just seek out the most powerful equipment but that pigeon holes you to specific items when there's a plethora to choose from that will change up the gameplay.

Personally I think the game's variety is its strength. I can see playing this game many times over the coming years and getting a different play style experience each time.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:57 PM   #76
Mangler
PC

People are going to regret asking for everything to be nerfed when they come to the point where farming for drops is everything that is left for them to do.

That is when the OP items are very welcome, you want **** that is able to clear out an entire area in seconds when doing that.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:00 PM   #77
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Mangler how the hell did you get nearly every achievement in the game in only 26 hours play time?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:21 PM   #78
Mangler
PC

Well, I spent at least half of that time just playing through the game like a normal person.

And then I decided to start unlocking the remaining achievements since I ****ing loved this game, turns out that almost all of the "endgame achievements" are all farming related, so that is what I did.

Which is why I am glad that the game had OP spells and items.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:34 PM   #79
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Now thinking about it I guess its totally doable if you were looking at the achievement list and going for each one purposely.

I did spend a good amount of my 25 hour playthrough messing around with and trying different equipment and shards. If I didn't do that I figure my playthrough could have been well under 20 hours.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:40 PM   #80
Mangler
PC

I did not experiment much, I more or less used the bloodstained versions of the SOTN stuff in order to maximize my nostalgia trip during my non-farming phase.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:51 PM   #81
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I did not experiment much, I more or less used the bloodstained versions of the SOTN stuff in order to maximize my nostalgia trip during my non-farming phase.
If you really want to maximize nostalgia go play the actual SoTN.

That's what I'm doing and its awesome as ever, still holds up great. Its relatively short too. 7 hours in and just unlocked the reversed castle and going for the true ending.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:26 AM   #82
ugly
Radeon R520

Quote:
Fair points, but the way I see it you are not meant to use EVERY ability option in the game. Just what you find interesting/useful to suit your own play style. This is why you can check out dozens of people playing the game and virtually all of them will be using a different equipment load out. This is the genius of the game, everyone will play it differently. Sure, you could just seek out the most powerful equipment but that pigeon holes you to specific items when there's a plethora to choose from that will change up the gameplay.

Personally I think the game's variety is its strength. I can see playing this game many times over the coming years and getting a different play style experience each time.
That is a good point. I guess I'm more used to expecting a natural progression of abilities instead of having a ton of stuff thrown at you.

It's sort of the same feeling I get with the crafting system. There is so much stuff to craft and sometimes you can skip over a lot of lesser gear without having tried any of it. One thing I hate in games is when I accidentally (or luckily) stumble upon a super powerful item that sort of unbalances the gameplay. I don't want to ruin the experience by using something that's overpowered.

But I think for the most part I've been using gear that raises luck, just because I know I'm going to have to farm a ton of ****.