Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:55 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

disappointed that you can't harm defenceless civilians.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:59 PM   #92
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

V.A.T.S in an action RPG? I'm not sure I am going to like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:16 AM   #93
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
V.A.T.S in an action RPG? I'm not sure I am going to like that.

its not gonna be like fallout, don't worry. its an extension of the previous mechanic where you can learn about creatures and do more damage. so basically if you know the anatomy of a cockatrice, you can disable one of its more powerful atacks or, stab her where it hurts the most, etc.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 1, 2013, 03:34 AM   #94
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Loved the first 2 games.

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 08:18 AM   #95
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Everything sounds great.

This is a company that knows the proper way to make an RPG, and that's why they'll get my money for pre-order.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:01 AM   #96
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

they also get so called fans on a graphics card forum whining endlessly for months on end, thinking people can hear them.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:12 PM   #97
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2013, 04:07 PM   #98
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaderinred View Post
they also get so called fans on a graphics card forum whining endlessly for months on end, thinking people can hear them.
What the heck are you talking about?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:47 PM   #99
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

CG quality graphics incoming?

Quote:
Witcher 3 On Next-Gen Will 'Achieve CG Movie' Graphics
Quote:
With the new renderer we haven’t unveiled yet, we want to achieve CG movie quality for our game's graphics.
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1845589..._graphics.html

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:26 PM   #100
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

And the picture they show on that page is from an early pre release build of Witcher 2
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 08:08 PM   #101
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

New hands on preview done by PCgamer.

Quote:
This is what CD Projekt RED want to show me today. Their demo opens in the wilderness: Geralt is riding a horse through an evergreen forest beneath a bruised sky. A silver coastline curves towards the horizon and erupts into a mountainous outcrop. There’s a great fissure in the distant rock. A stone walkway bridges the gap perilously, like Sam Fisher straddling an alley crack. That’s Geralt’s destination.

Quote:
There are voices ahead. Geralt dismounts and walks right into a group of bandits noisily celebrating a robbery. They notice the Witcher immediately and start bawling racial slurs in his direction. This is one of many dynamic encounters that can interrupt your exploration. You can choose to engage – and chance starting a new quest line – or just walk away. Geralt reaches for his sword. Steel for men.
Quote:
The castle is miles away. The demo’s controller, CD Projekt’s QA analyst Lukasz Babiel, gives the camera an experimental spin. Behind, the forest gives way to fields where shepherds guard flocks of sheep. In the distance, dull green plains sweep up into crumpled purple mountain ranges. There’s no sign of the hub and corridor level structures of previous games. Studio head Adam Badowski is casually dropping fact-bombs in the background. He mentions that this island alone is the size of the whole of The Witcher 2, and I believe him. It feels vast and wild.

Here's the link.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-...-3-first-look/

Last edited by HyperNovae : May 2, 2013 at 08:11 PM.
HyperNovae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 07:04 AM   #102
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

Cannot wait for this. I loved the first two games! I'm hoping they keep the game's combat the same. Those pictures look promising, it looks and sounds much more open world which I hope is the case.
Old May 3, 2013, 07:33 AM   #103
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpedkevin View Post
Cannot wait for this. I loved the first two games! I'm hoping they keep the game's combat the same. Those pictures look promising, it looks and sounds much more open world which I hope is the case.
I loved the first 2 games but I hope they change the combat
Didnt like the combat at all, felt meh

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 08:59 AM   #104
Yceman
Radeon R600

Yceman is still being judged by the masses

I enjoyed the combat in the first one but disliked it in the sequel. I think I'm the only one who feels that way though
Yceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 09:06 AM   #105
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I thought the combat in the 2nd game was great, until I played Dark Souls.

When I went back to play Witcher 2 after playing Dark Souls the combat left A LOT to be desired to say the least. I have been spoiled by the greatest 3rd person action RPG advanced combat mechanic ever created.
Old May 3, 2013, 09:14 AM   #106
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yceman View Post
I enjoyed the combat in the first one but disliked it in the sequel. I think I'm the only one who feels that way though
Nope, i liked the combat in 1 more than 2

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 09:35 AM   #107
Redeemed
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Hmm... haven't played either of The Witcher games, but there's been so many positive things said about them I do plan on picking them up.

I'm shooting for a new build around March of next year. Guess I'll probably shoot to pickup The Witcher Trilogy after this game launches. Not having any idea what these games are about, what I've read of this one sounds simply awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
congratulations on the anniversary of your emancipation from the Great Uterine Squeeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
There are two types of people in the world: those that are humble and those that will be.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 09:40 AM   #108
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

yup the combat in the 1st game was actually the most make sense in an RPG like this, it's more... tactical and RPG ish in the sense that you as the player playing the role of Geralt by leading his action in combat but it is he himself who ultimately execute the move; and it was more turn based game ish than full blown action which for me at least make more sense for RPG genre.

look at it this way, take mass effect, with full blown action control, it doesn't really matter what kind of man/woman your shepard is, you can alway turn him/her into precision killing machine with guns which ultimately make the classes quite a bit much irrelevant... which for me at least, betray the essence of role playing.

well to each his own though.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:36 PM   #109
Andy22
Radeon R600

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
I thought the combat in the 2nd game was great, until I played Dark Souls.

When I went back to play Witcher 2 after playing Dark Souls the combat left A LOT to be desired to say the least. I have been spoiled by the greatest 3rd person action RPG advanced combat mechanic ever created.
lol...x2. I find it hard now to get into any other game besides Dark Souls and am currently working my way through my 3rd full completion. I need to finish an NG+ next.
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 04:10 PM   #110
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

That hands on preview was excellent I dunno if any of you guys read it. The combat has been completely revamped. They mentioned that before they had 20 canned combat animations for geralt, now they have over 90. Guys please do yourself a favor and read that whole preview it's 3 pages long I only posted a tiny portion of it. There is also many more screen shots to be found in the article. Ah **** it I'll just post the screenies.

Last edited by HyperNovae : May 3, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
HyperNovae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 04:33 PM   #111
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

Are there any gameplay vids out yet?
Old May 3, 2013, 04:51 PM   #112
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Not that I know of.
Old May 3, 2013, 04:51 PM   #113
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Those screens can be blown up to about 3 times the size if you check out the actual preview on pcg.
Old May 3, 2013, 05:09 PM   #114
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Cant wait
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 08:39 PM   #115
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I don't want to read the preview this early on. I like to go into games like this totally unspoiled.
Old May 3, 2013, 08:47 PM   #116
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

There's some good reads on the new game mechanics and combat. It's worth checking out at least to skim over it and pick out some of the things you want to know about.
Old May 3, 2013, 08:52 PM   #117
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
There's some good reads on the new game mechanics and combat. It's worth checking out at least to skim over it and pick out some of the things you want to know about.
That's just it though, I don't want to know!

I already know its going to rock and I'll love the game. That's all I want/need to know. Everything else I want to find out about as I'm playing.

Personally, this is how I usually handle upcoming games and movies that I already know I'll like. Its the one's that look interesting but I'm not sure of that I'll read up on first.
Old May 3, 2013, 08:58 PM   #118
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
That's just it though, I don't want to know!

I already know its going to rock and I'll love the game. That's all I want/need to know. Everything else I want to find out about as I'm playing.

Personally, this is how I usually handle upcoming games and movies that I already know I'll like. Its the one's that look interesting but I'm not sure of that I'll read up on first.
Yeah I don't blame you at all. It's way better to finally get the game and not know what to expect. I am just way too excited not to find anything out about this one. It's going to make bethesda games look like childs play. This will probably be one of the greatest RPG's ever made. An entire open world with the witcher 2's graphics but even better, I can't even contain my excitement.
Old May 7, 2013, 04:21 PM   #119
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 05:19 PM   #120
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote