Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 26, 2019, 02:12 PM   #5041
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumilsingh View Post
The performance improves a lot after you've played it a bit.
I guess it just takes a while for the game to get all it's shaders compiled. I used to get heavy stutters in White Orchard which gradually disappeared over time.

Still get random 5 fps dips when galloping through a populated city, but I have accepted it as one of the engine's quirks.
Happens on even the beefiest rigs when galloping in cities afaik.

All in all, I'd say this is the most well optimized game I have ever played given it's massive scope.
You have a sprawling city like Novigrad and you're allowed to go inside residences which are quite detailed in themselves. All without a single loading screen.

The following tweaks are mandatory though:
- Set max pre-rendered frames to 1 in the Witcher 3 profile. Helps smooth out the random micro dips in cities.
- Disable in-game v-sync (it's garbage) and set fps limit to Unlimited.
- Use v-sync from the drivers (game must be in fullscreen mode, driver v-sync won't work with borderless window).
- Set draw distance to Medium instead of High.

Turning off the frame rate limiter helped me a lot. I also used to get the dips in White Orchard, but like you said, they went away after some time.

I've been to Oxenfurt now. No dips there. I think upgrading the RAM speed helped. The thing that occasionally kills me is lots of alpha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2019, 02:08 PM   #5042
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Geralt's in Monster Hunter World? How'd I miss this?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2019, 03:12 PM   #5043
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

Soul Calibur 6 too if you hadn't seen it. I think he may be trying to give GlaDos a run for her money in cameos.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:15 AM   #5044
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

Comi-con trailer out for the Netflix show;

<a href="http://<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cSqi-8kAMmM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="">">http://<a href="http://<iframe width=" 560"="" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cSqi-8kAMmM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="">

( Link seems to work but maybe a mod cold tidy the format up? )

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:09 AM   #5045
Babel-17
Radeon R300

Babel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBabel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Babel-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 12:24 AM   #5046
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Sucks they couldn't get the real Rebecca Romney to be Yennifer.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 01:32 AM   #5047
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

the real question is, why isnt sean bean playing geralt?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2019, 04:02 PM   #5048
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
the real question is, why isnt sean bean playing geralt?
Because the series would only be 4 episodes long.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2019, 01:41 AM   #5049
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Because the series would only be 4 episodes long.
ahh, but there's the trick. Geralt does die!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 09:17 PM   #5050
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
ahh, but there's the trick. Geralt does die!
Gets stabbed by a shard of kryptonite.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 04:15 AM   #5051
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Finally finished this. Started way back in Nov 2018, this is the longest a singleplayer game has ever taken me.
Did all the sidequests (except Gwent and treasure hunts, just not my thing).

Did it in full RP mode heh, no acting like a moron or stealing everything that isn't nailed down.
I know most people didn't like the over-reliance on witcher senses but I loved being a medieval Batman (that's what Geralt is in my mind).

Got the best endings imo:
Radovid dies and Ciri becomes emperor. Detlaff dies, Anna and Syanna live.
Basically I am now a citizen of the Continent, all the emperors are either indebted to me or in my pocket .

Wish I could've played this alongside the show (second playthroughs don't interest me).
I know it doesn't have anything to do with the games, but I would've enjoyed it even more given how great the show is looking and having a chance to emulate that in an equally great game .

Just hope all this cancerous sjw and anti-sjw nonsense doesn't harm the show too much.
Honestly everything these days has to be an agenda with both the aforementioned groups.

Entire Youtube channels have made their careers on sjw bashing/promoting instead of objective news, and everyone just needs to stfu.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 04:46 AM   #5052
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

nah, second best ending.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 05:25 AM   #5053
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

I must say I did want witcher Ciri, but I let her see her father once and that's that I guess.
In my mind it felt right, usually I let Ciri make her own choices but figured Emhyr atleast deserved a private audience with her. Absent father and all but nobody's a 100% a dick, plus I trusted Ciri enough to be left alone with him.

But this is ok too. Better even if one doesn't think of Geralt as the centre of the universe (the game does drive this point forward at multiple junctures).
Now atleast all seats of power are occupied by good folk.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote