Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:18 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Taturana
Rage3D Veteran

Taturana once held a door open for a complete strangerTaturana once held a door open for a complete strangerTaturana once held a door open for a complete stranger

What? No sex? You disappoint me badboy
Taturana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:16 AM   #32
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taturana View Post
What? No sex? You disappoint me badboy
Im singel again.. So yeah not much sex

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:45 AM   #33
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I came back some weeks ago

This is how almost every day looks like for me now:
Wake up
Work
come home
grind in warframe
sleep

sounds like a lot of "fun". I always hated the need for grinding in games. But i also had a friend who somehow loved it. Switch "grind in warframe" with "farm for endless hours in wow" and there you have it/him. Never understood the appeal of it, but well, different blokes i guess.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 28, 2013, 04:25 PM   #34
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
sounds like a lot of "fun". I always hated the need for grinding in games. But i also had a friend who somehow loved it. Switch "grind in warframe" with "farm for endless hours in wow" and there you have it/him. Never understood the appeal of it, but well, different blokes i guess.
Yeap this game is a huge ass grind and it doesnt even try to hide it in any way.
But in warframe its fun because you get to slaughter 10000 mobs .
Half of the fun for me is the game and playing with different weapons/warframes the other half is the clan I am in which is just full of great and fun people.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood
Old Oct 28, 2013, 05:28 PM   #35
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

Yep, just finishing up a weekend or well, week long event now, ends on Weds.

It's a grind but they take the lame part of it out by making it really fun and you can work towards different Frames that make the experience more interesting. The main reason I stick with this game, is that the devs FOR this game are the dream devs I believe. They stick with the community very closely, and if they mess up, they aren't afraid to fix it and address it.
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2013, 03:11 PM   #36
Sir Duke
Radeon R700

Sir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just tried over the weekend, pumped 15 hrs into it. Very impressed, the gunplay can be limited, but the upgrades you make to your frame is quite interesting to make him/her stronger.

I was always curious about this game, as it's constantly in the top 10 steam most played list. I didn't think it would be good, but I was wrong.
Sir Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2013, 03:13 PM   #37
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

This game has one of the best use of physx out there.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2013, 03:21 PM   #38
Sir Duke
Radeon R700

Sir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySir Duke can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

A note about buy platnium (in game currency). The in game shop rate is 1 dollar = 25 plats, which is quite expensive.

But nvidia just released f2p bundle which includes Warframe, you can get them on nvidia trade forum for 1 dollar = 66 ~ 84 plats. 84 plats is equivalent to 75% off.

Warframe has an ingame lottery system for everyday login, there is a chance to get 75% off plats coupon, but it's rare.

And the nvidia forum deals are better than Steam pack sale (best 75%, 1 dollar = 60 plats)
Old Nov 26, 2013, 03:28 PM   #39
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

After awhile the fun of this game disappears. You go in, run and kill **** and get out. Thats pretty much what you do over and over again. I dont know if they changed much since I last played but thats why I stopped playing.

Old Nov 26, 2013, 03:44 PM   #40
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

They pretty much overhauled the whole damage system in the last update. You can combine elemental mods on weapons to create various effects. For example, if you have a frost and fire mod equip on a weapon, you will have a chance to "Blast" (stun) the target on hit. Enemies also have various resistance to the different damage types, so choosing the right weapon and mods for the job is now more important.

The thread below explains the new damage system very well.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.ph...being-updated/
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2013, 04:22 PM   #41
logical
What is my purpose?

But did they add more stuff to the actual gameplay instead of just go to this level kill everything in your path and get out?

Old Nov 26, 2013, 05:06 PM   #42
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
But did they add more stuff to the actual gameplay instead of just go to this level kill everything in your path and get out?
Its amazing how these free to play games actually make money. I didn't believe it before, but i've seen it first hand.

Two of my work buddies got hooked, and each prolly bought already one full AAA game worth of in game items

And when they explain it, it sounds like a good deal to them when they say it, and it even sounds reasonable to me, but at its core, its still just as you describe it, very generic kill all gameplay that is so 1990's. Not sure if I wanna pay for that.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2013, 07:03 PM   #43
Sir Duke
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
Its amazing how these free to play games actually make money. I didn't believe it before, but i've seen it first hand.

Two of my work buddies got hooked, and each prolly bought already one full AAA game worth of in game items

And when they explain it, it sounds like a good deal to them when they say it, and it even sounds reasonable to me, but at its core, its still just as you describe it, very generic kill all gameplay that is so 1990's. Not sure if I wanna pay for that.
I spent more than $100 in Planetside 2, such suckers exist
Old Nov 26, 2013, 08:52 PM   #44
Thorney
Radeon R520

Thorney is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
After awhile the fun of this game disappears. You go in, run and kill **** and get out. Thats pretty much what you do over and over again. I dont know if they changed much since I last played but thats why I stopped playing.
Complete kit. Best of the best achievement. Post solo platinum speed run to YouTube. Along the path, the lesser will fall by the wayside.

I don't doubt Bioware is watching and taking notes for ME4. Warframe is in tenth place tonight on Steam multiplayer. How astounding is that?

Warframe's rise to glory makes you feel bad for Firefall, which could have been so much more.
Thorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2013, 09:11 PM   #45
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorney View Post
Warframe's rise to glory makes you feel bad for Firefall, which could have been so much more.
Ah, Firefall ... such a missed opportunity.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:42 PM   #46
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

Update 11, new frames, new damage module vers. 2.0 (damage has changed for the game as a whole). New story, new bosses, new new NEW!!!

This game is a load of fun I think!
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:44 PM   #47
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Don't get sucked into the hype too much, it's incredibly glitchy, random frame drops, keys stop working (couldn't melee today for some reason), headshots still aren't counted properly.
Also there is no way to get platinum aside from using real money which is a real dick move, and their asking price for it is way to high.

The new combat system sucks, and all your hard work with the previous mods is rendered almost useless. Before having fire and electric on your weapon would almost stun lock grineer/infested, now it only procs like 5% of the time, so pretty much never.

It has horrible stun mechanics where you can be stun locked on your ass until you die over and over again.

And using your most powerful ability leaves you completely unmoving for like 4-5 seconds and you die while being shot and can't move. It's moronic.
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2013, 06:05 AM   #48
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Also there is no way to get platinum aside from using real money which is a real dick move, and their asking price for it is way to high.
Most Warframes and weapons can be built with in-game credits. You don't need to buy Platinum and the game is free so they have to make money somehow. Beside, it's not that expensive with a 75/50% login reward rebate.

Quote:
The new combat system sucks, and all your hard work with the previous mods is rendered almost useless. Before having fire and electric on your weapon would almost stun lock grineer/infested, now it only procs like 5% of the time, so pretty much never.
Yeah fire and electric on any weapon before would stun lock just about anything with 1 bullet which was stupid as hell. There's mods to increase the status chance and with the multi-shot mod you can still get the status effect to trigger on almost every hit.

Quote:
It has horrible stun mechanics where you can be stun locked on your ass until you die over and over again.
Most stuns and knockbacks are very telegraphed. It's your fault for being a in bad spot. How easy do you want the game to be?

Quote:
And using your most powerful ability leaves you completely unmoving for like 4-5 seconds and you die while being shot and can't move. It's moronic.
I have no idea what you are doing there. Most ultimate abilities are strong enough to kill everything around you and few of them lock you in place for so long.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:58 PM   #49
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

The ultimates have been changed, you are no longer locked into the animation, the animation now triggers and you can keep fighting. Complaining about Platinum is stupid, as it's their F2P Shop currency... The stun lock is easily broken, as the ai will simply stop if you are hit by it a certain amount of times in a certain amount of time.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2013, 01:09 PM   #50
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
The ultimates have been changed, you are no longer locked into the animation, the animation now triggers and you can keep fighting. Complaining about Platinum is stupid, as it's their F2P Shop currency... The stun lock is easily broken, as the ai will simply stop if you are hit by it a certain amount of times in a certain amount of time.
I just played yesterday, and that wasn't present, when did this go in effect?
Have the rolling guys been taken out of the game? 3-4 of them at once will permanently **** up your day.
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2013, 03:57 PM   #51
Sir Duke
Radeon R700

20 hrs in, addictive, and fun to play. great game to unwind with
Old Nov 29, 2013, 05:41 AM   #52
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
I just played yesterday, and that wasn't present, when did this go in effect?
Have the rolling guys been taken out of the game? 3-4 of them at once will permanently **** up your day.
Maybe it's not all ults then, but volt and rhino both are free to move during ult.
Or maybe its a bug.
As for rollers, no, but you should just focus them first and not let them hit you anyway
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2013, 03:33 PM   #53
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

I tried this last night and found the interface to be near impenetrable at first glance. The shooting and missions are brain-dead simple enough, I just have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing outside of missions. After the shooting tutorial, game just dumps you at a menu with a bunch of non-obvious icons and says "have it at".

What's funny is I watched some "intro to" videos that were apparently from an older version and it seems that in making the game for PS4 they actually made the GUI less intuitive instead of more.

If I can get some RL friends to play this I may give it a shot, otherwise it seems not worth my time.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2013, 03:56 PM   #54
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

The UI is much better than it used to be. The in-game UI is getting a redesign as well and it looks promising.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 05:15 PM   #55
badboy
Merc with a mouth

I have like 320h in game time now
The time that says in your pofile, only counts time when you play missions

Have all the frames and most of the weapons
Yeap I am addicted

- True Blood
Old Dec 31, 2013, 02:04 AM   #56
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

The HUD is about to get revamped as well in-game, here's a possible version;

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=HB...Px s5hRXI4sp8
Old Dec 31, 2013, 02:48 PM   #57
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

I figured out most of the interface last night. Ultimately, I suppose it's not too bad, but the game does a really poor job of easing you into it, especially the mod equipping and upgrading. I kept looking for something like a traditional RPG skill tree, I didn't realize the powers are basically items.

Still didn't find much reason to keep playing the game though. I guess on the plus side the missions seem relatively short, so it is nice that it's something I can jump in, play a mission, and get out for a quick diversion without having to devote a night to the game.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2014, 05:32 PM   #58
logical
What is my purpose?

Started playing warframe again since it fits nicely in with how much time I have to play. A quick match here and there and no need to commit to long matches.

Does anyone who doesn't play anymore want to give me some of their rare cards from events before I started playing again?

Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:24 AM   #59
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

is anyone playing this? how is it?
had a look at it on Steam today and was kinda interested.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230410/
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:27 AM   #60
logical
What is my purpose?

Warframe is a decent free to play game but it gets repetitive after awhile. There are builds for every type of play style so if you like killing things guns blazing you can do that, melee, and ranged builds as well. It can take quite a but of time to get and level a lot of the abilities to keep up with the people who play everyday though. The good thing about the game is that the devs are completely in tune with the community most times and provide content updates and patches all the time.