Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 6, 2013, 02:09 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
so FC2 multiplayer is dead now, due to this?

just curious..
You mean due to the patch?
Old May 6, 2013, 02:24 PM   #62
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
You mean due to the patch?
Due to the release of DCS World and FC3
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 03:17 PM   #63
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Due to the release of DCS World and FC3
I haven't even tried playing it, but IIRC it still has some players. Maybe not to many active servers but clans and stuff. I think most people have moved onto FC3. Which is predictable since FC2 came out 3 years ago. I really need to get FC3. Let me know if you ever pick up FC3 so I can own your ass and settle our political differences in the skies! A R3D Flaming Cliffs clan? I think so!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 6, 2013, 03:21 PM   #64
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
can you give me a link? I couldn't found it even on BMS forum
This may do if you want F-18:

http://www.vrsimulations.com/FA18EFSX.htm

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 03:30 PM   #65
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

I've seen that for FSX, is there any other aircraft to actually engage in combat with or is it just for shooting down cesnas? LOL.

There are some really really cool F-18 sims in the works. Let me try and find this one that blew my mind.
Old May 6, 2013, 03:34 PM   #66
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Ah yes, the seven g f-18 flight sim, Just look at the way the wings move in the air it's incredible.

Old May 6, 2013, 03:36 PM   #67
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

The little details in that sim are what really makes the whole experience that much better. I wish more companies would start working on the visual experience of these sims, like particle effects and whatnot. We have had really good physics and sims for the past decade now we need something visually stunning to go along with that.
Old May 6, 2013, 03:41 PM   #68
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Just browsing youtube, I found this video stating its Falcon BMS 4.3 and the guys flying a what looks like fully working f-18. I am not sure what you need in order to get this but it's out there.

Old May 6, 2013, 04:54 PM   #69
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I'm debating purchasing FC3.

I need to see if I can find a good profile for the F-15 though. If not, I most likely wont.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 6, 2013, 06:53 PM   #70
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
I've seen that for FSX, is there any other aircraft to actually engage in combat with or is it just for shooting down cesnas? LOL.
http://www.vrsimulations.com/tacpack.htm

LOL.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.

Last edited by Ziklitschli : May 6, 2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old May 7, 2013, 03:08 PM   #71
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Welp, we have a problem.

Went to start up FC2 and get myself situated in the F-15 again.
Pulled the ol' X52 out, and the cable that connects between the stick and throttle is missing. No clue where the hell it went, because I always take very good care of my stuff and keep things organized.

Been searching for this cable for over an hour now. I can't find it!!!

EDIT: Hah! Found it.

The problem I find, is that everyone writes profiles for the X52 PRO, which is not compatible with my vanilla X52.

Last edited by Nunz : May 7, 2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old May 7, 2013, 04:43 PM   #72
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Holy crap I am so bad now. I can't even lock on to anyone. I forgot what BVR and all the radar modes mean..

I started up the FC2 mission where it's you against 2 Migs. I can see them on my radar (with that annoying ass sound from the AIM-9 wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) but I can't manage to lock on. Eventually they fire off and I spend 10 minutes flying around avoiding missiles until they eventually corner me.
Old May 7, 2013, 09:17 PM   #73
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

lol, BVR is beyond visual range. The aim 7 and 9's pretty much lock on by themselves if they are in range. Close range combat modes are 3,4 and 6 I believe. Not sure what they are called but those are the hotkeys for them.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:11 PM   #74
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Yeah, I really need to just take an hour or two and figure **** out.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:35 PM   #75
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Yeah being completely new to combat flight sims I have probably spent hours reading articles and watching youtube videos.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:18 PM   #76
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I used to know all of this ****, but it's been at least two years.
Old May 8, 2013, 02:01 AM   #77
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

7 May 2013 Update

I will be out of town this Friday. So this, combined with a post of the Russian forums, has led me to release this week's update a bit early.

This week we released an update to version 1.2.4 that included several changes that were planned for the initial 1.2.4 release but did not make it in time. With that out of the way, the team is working hard on version 1.2.5 that will further address remaining bugs in DCS World and its modules. As always, we'll be throwing in some new features as well. When we get close to finalizing 1.2.5, I'll post the preliminary change log to give you a heads up.

In addition to the never-ending quest for DCS perfection (yes, we have dreams too), we are working on releasing the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker for DCS World later this year. As I have mentioned in the past, DCS is not confined to one time period, one location or one level of detail. While DCS modules have focused on a very high level of detail, we also realize that there are many (often silent) users that wish for a shallower learning curve. In fact, the Lock On / Flaming Cliffs series has been our most successful. As such, the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker will be catered to them. Both of these aircraft will have the same detailed 3D models, cockpits and sounds of the Flaming Cliffs 3 versions, but we will be adding an Advanced Flight Model (AFM) for each.

We also want to release these aircraft in such a manner to allow users that are not interested in Flaming Cliffs 3, or do not have a Lock On installation, to still have these aircraft in their DCS World stable of aircraft, but at a greatly reduced price.

This is not to say that we will not also continue to create very high level of detail simulations. At a later point, we will further develop these aircraft to include mouse clickable cockpit and the same level of detail as the DCS: A-10C Warthog, but that is a massive effort that will take time.

In the meantime, the F/A-18C Hornet is still planned but we want it to be at the same level as our A-10C. Because of this, development will take much longer compared to the Eagle and Flanker projects to be released this year.

Matt

so they are planning to release a semi DCS module for F-15C and Su-27S this year, while the next full blown DCS : F/A-18C will be when it's done. oh well a cheapish F-15C/Su-27S module may get me occupied for a while.

as for discussion with you guys here... I take it that you are having trouble with missile dogfighting? I can give a tip here, I don't know whether or not this is modeled in Flaming Cliffs series but the AIM-120 series supposed to be able to be used at a close range as close as 5nm, you simply need to use it's boresight firing mode, it have potential for friendly fire since it will lock on the first thing the missile's own radar see but incredibly lethal to the enemy as they have little time and warning to react.

you can also throw both AIM-120 and AIM-9 at relatively the same range to further confuse your enemies
Old May 8, 2013, 02:11 AM   #78
Nunz
RIP Roxen

So what that big quote you have there says to me..

Don't waste your money on FC3 because the F-15c will be added to DCS World and make FC3 irrelevant.. Correct?

Also, the problem is me not knowing my buttons or remembering how the radar works and differences between modes. I couldn't figure out how to lock on once I had a target on my radar using BVR.

I'll be spending some time tomorrow to figure this out and get myself back into the action.
Old May 8, 2013, 03:22 AM   #79
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Stop lying you just hate F-15 because you're a communist.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Old May 8, 2013, 12:14 PM   #80
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Quote:
So what that big quote you have there says to me..

Don't waste your money on FC3 because the F-15c will be added to DCS World and make FC3 irrelevant.. Correct?

Also, the problem is me not knowing my buttons or remembering how the radar works and differences between modes. I couldn't figure out how to lock on once I had a target on my radar using BVR.

I'll be spending some time tomorrow to figure this out and get myself back into the action.
That's not it. FC3 still has what 6 or 7 planes to fly as opposed to 1?
Old May 8, 2013, 12:19 PM   #81
Nunz
RIP Roxen

They are being added to DCS World, so what's the point in buying FC3 if they will be added and include a more realistic flight system?

Also, figured out what the hell was wrong. My buttons were all screwed up and my target lock button was actually set to "PADLOCK" for some reason. Fixed that and owned those 2 MiGs real quick.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:24 PM   #82
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

DCS world only includes a SU-25t for free. It's basically like a homepage for your DCS games. You can buy the modules that add to it. FC3 is a module for it. You get a decent amount of stuff in FC3. These two modules they are talking about will only include one plane for each module with nothing different but a better flight model. IMO the flight models in even FC2 are fine for me. So if you want to fly nothing other than a F-15 than you could wait for these, but knowing DCS these won't be out for a while. We should play some multiplayer FC2. I've never even tried it I don't even know if I can get it to work. About to check it out.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:27 PM   #83
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Do you have a teamspeak we could use? I'm game.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:31 PM   #84
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Do you have a teamspeak we could use? I'm game.
I don't have it installed, but it only takes 5 minutes. And yes I even set up a server and everything. I am pretty excited right now.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:32 PM   #85
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Alright just PM me the IP and stuff. I have some free time for the next hour or so.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:32 PM   #86
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

You don't have trackr do you?!
Old May 8, 2013, 12:33 PM   #87
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Yes I do
Old May 8, 2013, 12:33 PM   #88
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

You sob, you're going to own me.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:34 PM   #89
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I'm going to own you BVR. The Track-IR won't even matter.

Anyway, yeah.. Actually, I think we could use Steam voice chat to keep things simple. PM me your steam community name and we'll do it through that.

You're hosting the FC2 server?
Old May 8, 2013, 12:34 PM   #90
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

I'm downloading TS right now. I reinstalled windows not even a week ago so I don't have much on my computer.

Im not really even sure how the multiplayer works either. All I did was make a server real quick, didn't fly or anything.