Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:21 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Once the game is launched, we can start posting char names to add to friends lists. I can't wait. I want to play but I know everything is going to be wiped in a week so I have been holding off heh.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:49 PM   #152
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I just deleted my characters. Waiting until the wipe and then I'll restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:53 PM   #153
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I played until the start of act 2, it's pretty cool, but also unforgiving. If you make a "bad build" it's really hard to respec because you need SHITLOADS of regret orbs or w/e. Anyway, most classes are very fun!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:14 PM   #154
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkz0r View Post
I played until the start of act 2, it's pretty cool, but also unforgiving. If you make a "bad build" it's really hard to respec because you need SHITLOADS of regret orbs or w/e. Anyway, most classes are very fun!
It's better to create a new character usually. Before you spend your skill points, it's best to figure out what weapons/gems you want to use, look over the skill tree, figure out what skills are useful for that weapon/gem, and then work towards those skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
I just deleted my characters. Waiting until the wipe and then I'll restart.
Why? They let you keep the character names.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:15 PM   #155
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

is this game coming out soon, I always wanted to try it even before D3 was out, do the devs just let anyone play the beta as they're working on it for such a long time?, do the devs implement any changes based on feedback?
1 more question - is there a random dungeon generator in this game?
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:21 PM   #156
DarkSyde
Rage3D Veteran

DarkSyde is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
is this game coming out soon, I always wanted to try it even before D3 was out, do the devs just let anyone play the beta as they're working on it for such a long time?, do the devs implement any changes based on feedback?
If I remember right from the beta weekends I played, they are randomized in a similar manner to Diablo 2.
DarkSyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:07 PM   #157
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
It's better to create a new character usually. Before you spend your skill points, it's best to figure out what weapons/gems you want to use, look over the skill tree, figure out what skills are useful for that weapon/gem, and then work towards those skills.
In this case, with the size of the skill tree its equivocal to playing chess

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:07 PM   #158
Sharky75

Sharky75 is still being judged by the masses

I'm just gonna leave these here.

SHLVX-QQ2QN-WYVWX-VWL8W

SH7EX-XKAPF-RY6D7-L8LYC

Good luck all.
Sharky75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:15 PM   #159
Sharky75

P.S.

I only have 2 posts and just registered recently but I've been reading these forums for years. (Ever since I got a Radeon 8500)
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:59 PM   #160
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Why? They let you keep the character names.
I didn't pick overly desired names.

Quote:
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:47 AM   #161
Shark
Pain

Shark is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky75 View Post

SHLVX-QQ2QN-WYVWX-VWL8W

Good luck all.
Thanks bro, used the above....sharks FTW.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:49 AM   #162
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky75 View Post

SH7EX-XKAPF-RY6D7-L8LYC

Good luck all.
I used this one, thanks!
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:44 AM   #163
Sharky75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Thanks bro, used the above....sharks FTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
I used this one, thanks!
Your welcome guys. I just wish I had got them more than 5 days before the open beta.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:41 PM   #164
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Definitely can see giving this a good amount of playing time, just gave it an hour of play and can see giving it more once the wipe is done and it goes open beta.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:15 PM   #165
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
It is free to play once open beta hits on Wednesday. They're actively developing the game still. Check out the forums. They work with the community and implement changes people want (within reason), not just what they want.

The overall community is infinitely better than D3. The game itself has so much customization. It also has a proper end game with randomized dungeons. If you liked D2,you'll love PoE.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:26 PM   #166
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Blizzard should be crying in a corner right now. They've been outdone by a bunch of "nobodies."

Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:30 PM   #167
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Wow that trailer looks terrific!

Edit: Chubz

Chubzdoomer 9 minutes ago
Better than Diablo 3 in almost every way.. This is what D3 SHOULD have been! Tell your friends about this, folks. This is one to look out for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.

Last edited by Progression : Jan 19, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:44 PM   #168
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Decided to hold-off playing again until after the player wipe.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:44 PM   #169
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Wow that trailer looks terrific!

Edit: Chubz

Chubzdoomer 9 minutes ago
Better than Diablo 3 in almost every way.. This is what D3 SHOULD have been! Tell your friends about this, folks. This is one to look out for.
I should get paid for this!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:59 PM   #170
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Can you play this offline?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:21 PM   #171
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Can you play this offline?
According to the devs, no. Offline mode would mean locally stored content, and the possibility of the game being hacked as per one of the devs. Best bet offline is of course probably still Titan Quest.

Quote:
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:26 PM   #172
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So no point in trying to play it next week then, there's no way that their servers will handle the pressure.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:31 PM   #173
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
So no point in trying to play it next week then, there's no way that their servers will handle the pressure.
Probably not. One of the devs posted on twitter, "We are going to need more servers". They seem like a rather 'stand-up' team. I noticed they are allowing payment plans of up to 6 months for anyone wanting to upgrade their support package. If you miss a payment, or cannot continue they will refund all the money up to that point.

Quote:

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Jan 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:35 AM   #174
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

FWIW, if people donated and participated in the open beta, odds are they would have the server capacity to accommodate everyone already.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the launch goes well though.

Last edited by ViN86 : Jan 20, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:53 AM   #175
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I know I'll be hammering their servers.

I've been waiting for the last character wipe to really dive into things. The bit that I played a couple of months ago was really fun.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:03 AM   #176
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
I know I'll be hammering their servers.

I've been waiting for the last character wipe to really dive into things. The bit that I played a couple of months ago was really fun.
Same here. I've played 3 classes up to act 2. Can't wait for the final wipe to keep what I find.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:32 AM   #177
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Found a stupid good two hander on my level 13 Marauder. Too bad I won't get to keep it for long.

RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:05 AM   #178
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH(SAD) View Post
Found a stupid good two hander on my level 13 Marauder. Too bad I won't get to keep it for long.

Nice.

Quote:
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:30 AM   #179
Alientank
Piss flaps

Yea this will likely become my full time obsession once the final wipe happens. I put $250 into it so...

Quote:
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:47 PM   #180
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
Yea this will likely become my full time obsession once the final wipe happens. I put $250 into it so...
Damn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote