Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 11, 2010, 01:31 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Finished Ass Creed 2 Sequence 8, raided the last tomb to get Altair Costume. What a bad ass costume. Carnival in Venice is ****ing amazing. I love this game so much. These guys really know how to put their hearts into storytelling. Most improved sequel right there after Uncharted 2.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 04:11 PM   #212
exitwound
Radeon R420

exitwound is still being judged by the masses

Just killed Skagzilla.
exitwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 04:24 PM   #213
sumpwa
Radeon Sea Islands

sumpwa is still being judged by the masses

Completed Fear 2: Reborn. Gonna replay it on Hard when my 5770 comes in.
sumpwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 11, 2010, 06:19 PM   #214
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

I just saw the best bug ever. I was playing JC2 and they called in for air support. When they called it got there the next thing i noticed was a bunch of guys hitting the ground all around me like a bunch of dead birds. I guess they forgot their parachutes. LOL
Old Jul 11, 2010, 10:15 PM   #215
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
I just saw the best bug ever. I was playing JC2 and they called in for air support. When they called it got there the next thing i noticed was a bunch of guys hitting the ground all around me like a bunch of dead birds. I guess they forgot their parachutes. LOL
Elite Suicide Squad! ATTACK!!!!
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:42 AM   #216
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Elite Suicide Squad! ATTACK!!!!
Don't be silly...

Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 02:05 PM   #217
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Pumped some SFIV on PC and got some achievements. Love SFIV games.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 02:37 PM   #218
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

played rome total war.

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 03:34 PM   #219
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
played rome total war.
Great game, though I don't think I have ever completed an entire game.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 03:43 PM   #220
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i am used to playing empire total war, with turns taking as long as some campaigns in rome: total war

Old Jul 12, 2010, 04:26 PM   #221
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Doing an Insanity run with an Engineer in Mass Effect 2. Also at the same time Im playing through Icewind Dale with the widescreen mod. It looks so SEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXY on a 24inch monitor at 1920X1200. Im probably halfway through chapter one, Im at the vale of shadows.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 07:52 AM   #222
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well I haven't posted in this thread yet, so a bit of a recent recap:

I had been out of gaming for a long time, but then I got a PS3 for Christmas. So I started playing Rock Band 2 and The Beatles Rock Band, which I didn't really count as gaming since they're pretty casual.

It came with Uncharted, so I gave that a peek to see what all the fuss was about and it was pretty awesome.

That got me on the gaming kick, so I ordered a copy of GTA IV (which I had previously played on the 360 back in the day). I played through that, and got the second ending. Then I ordered Red Dead Redemption.

I played Red Dead Redemption until 100% game completion, and even played some MP (first MP I've done in years). What a blast.

Since I was on a Rockstar roll, I ordered Episodes from Liberty City. While I was waiting for that to arrive, I poked around on the computer and ended up getting Mass Effect.

I don't know how I missed out on Mass Effect! That game was epic. Took me a while to finish, but it was all worth it. I'll have to pick up Mass Effect 2.

While I was playing Mass Effect, the Steam sale was up and about so I picked up a bunch of games. Machinarium was one of them, and I played that until completion. A great game, but way too short. I also started The Whispered World, but I've been stuck twice and it's a slow progress.

When I finished ME and Machinarium, I began playing Sam & Max Season 2 Episode 5. I had finished all of the episodes prior before, but got stuck on the last episode of Season 2. I got further than I had before, and then my computer EXPLODED!!11one Or something. So I had to order some new parts.

Since my computer is dead, I've started playing that copy of Episodes from Liberty City I mentioned earlier. I'm on The Lost and the Damned first, and I don't know if it's the game or me but it's friggin' hard. I end most missions with a small, blinking health bar and a high heart rate.
lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:47 PM   #223
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

finished splinter cell conviction earlier today. now deciding what to play next.

ballad of gay tony or finish dead space finally.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:01 PM   #224
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDoom View Post
Well I haven't posted in this thread yet, so a bit of a recent recap:

I had been out of gaming for a long time, but then I got a PS3 for Christmas. So I started playing Rock Band 2 and The Beatles Rock Band, which I didn't really count as gaming since they're pretty casual.

It came with Uncharted, so I gave that a peek to see what all the fuss was about and it was pretty awesome.

That got me on the gaming kick, so I ordered a copy of GTA IV (which I had previously played on the 360 back in the day). I played through that, and got the second ending. Then I ordered Red Dead Redemption.

I played Red Dead Redemption until 100% game completion, and even played some MP (first MP I've done in years). What a blast.

Since I was on a Rockstar roll, I ordered Episodes from Liberty City. While I was waiting for that to arrive, I poked around on the computer and ended up getting Mass Effect.

I don't know how I missed out on Mass Effect! That game was epic. Took me a while to finish, but it was all worth it. I'll have to pick up Mass Effect 2.

While I was playing Mass Effect, the Steam sale was up and about so I picked up a bunch of games. Machinarium was one of them, and I played that until completion. A great game, but way too short. I also started The Whispered World, but I've been stuck twice and it's a slow progress.

When I finished ME and Machinarium, I began playing Sam & Max Season 2 Episode 5. I had finished all of the episodes prior before, but got stuck on the last episode of Season 2. I got further than I had before, and then my computer EXPLODED!!11one Or something. So I had to order some new parts.

Since my computer is dead, I've started playing that copy of Episodes from Liberty City I mentioned earlier. I'm on The Lost and the Damned first, and I don't know if it's the game or me but it's friggin' hard. I end most missions with a small, blinking health bar and a high heart rate.
You sir have been on an excellent gaming jag.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:06 PM   #225
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I was still struck on Dead Space Chapter 5. There's a freaky nercomorph that can be regenerate in the emergency room. How do I suppose to kill others while I try to stop that damn thing before I can escape into other room?

Statis freeze is good to use or anything else?

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:18 PM   #226
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
I was still struck on Dead Space Chapter 5. There's a freaky nercomorph that can be regenerate in the emergency room. How do I suppose to kill others while I try to stop that damn thing before I can escape into other room?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/949616-dead-space/faqs/54497

Last edited by KAC : Jul 13, 2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:19 PM   #227
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

im on chapter 9 since like a year ago at least. im using a gamepad, and i could never kill this rhino mutant or something like that. i killed 2 before or 1, but this one is in a small room. im about to try first time in a while.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:43 PM   #228
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Hit lvl 23 in Age of Conan

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 08:12 PM   #229
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:

I think i am about half way through the game, though i am not sure, and that thing is by far the scariest yet! Not to say the rest doesn't freak me out... especially when you get cornered or were not expecting an attack... or WERE expecting an attack! That thing though... just freaking scary.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:28 PM   #230
KAC
That postcount though...

Pumped some more Ass Creed 2 for another memory sequence and some short change. Loving this game a lot lately. Well worth the money spent.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:16 PM   #231
pahncrd

Subscriber

I'm at Nova Prospect in Half Life 2 with Cinematic Mod 10.41, in 3d stereo. It is so glorious.

The new Highway 17 at night improves the experience immensely and makes that entire stretch of game into some of the scariest, loneliest and exciting gaming I have ever experienced. Excellent choice on their part.

Do anyone that hasn't tried out CM 10+, it is time.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:20 PM   #232
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
my fiancee hasn't tried out cm 10+, but she doesn't get home from work for another 5 hours, so i'll have to wait to do her.

Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:34 PM   #233
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
my fiancee hasn't tried out cm 10+, but she doesn't get home from work for another 5 hours, so i'll have to wait to do her.
Understood.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 04:49 PM   #234
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Finished Alpha Protocol. That boss that keep throwing 4 nades at your feet all the time was annoying -.-

Still on Dogs of War mission in ArmA II. Captured the city called Msta, had to kill about 10 APCs with my BMP... out of ammo now and there is a T-72 hunting me. ""

I need to continue with Ass Creed 2 and Dragon Age aswell (havent completed any of those two).
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus

Last edited by Danny Nissan : Jul 14, 2010 at 04:54 PM.
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:17 PM   #235
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I'm at Nova Prospect in Half Life 2 with Cinematic Mod 10.41, in 3d stereo. It is so glorious.

The new Highway 17 at night improves the experience immensely and makes that entire stretch of game into some of the scariest, loneliest and exciting gaming I have ever experienced. Excellent choice on their part.

How big is the install now it was something massive back in the old 7 days.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:19 PM   #236
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMT View Post
How big is the install now it was something massive back in the old 7 days.
I think it is a 13GB download and a 20GB install.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:34 PM   #237
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I think it is a 13GB download and a 20GB install.
Sadpandas...that's quite a big chunk of my allotment. Might have to wait a bit for it, I am quite interested though. Will put it on my list of things to get.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:53 PM   #238
schwartz
Team Zissou

schwartz is still being judged by the masses

Anyone know if it is possible to use the synergy co-op mod with the cinematic mod? I'm debating pulling the trigger on a 24" dell monitor and this could be a good way to break it in
schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:46 PM   #239
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Playing Devil May Cry on a PS2 emulator. Got to a giant owl boss.

I don't remember this game being so ****ing hard. Doesn't help the game runs slow on the emulator. But still. You see Dante constantly get the **** beat out of him in the cut-scenes and he walks it off and plays it cool. In-game you get hit once and you are already almost dead.

To Play List: Everything else

Last edited by zebra 204 : Jul 14, 2010 at 06:48 PM.
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:24 PM   #240
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMT View Post
Sadpandas...that's quite a big chunk of my allotment. Might have to wait a bit for it, I am quite interested though. Will put it on my list of things to get.
Are you with bigpond? I think i saw it on the bigpond download servers, so free bandwidth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra 204 View Post
Playing Devil May Cry on a PS2 emulator. Got to a giant owl boss.

I don't remember this game being so ****ing hard. Doesn't help the game runs slow on the emulator. But still. You see Dante constantly get the **** beat out of him in the cut-scenes and he walks it off and plays it cool. In-game you get hit once and you are already almost dead.
Which DMC game? I am assuming 1 but i don't remember the owl boss. It is hard, damn hard sometimes.. but that is part of what makes it so goode, it is ALL player skill, just like Fighting games like Street Fighter, once you get into the groove it will become much easier.

It took me most of the first playthrough before i started playing better though... but that's me...