Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 2, 2011, 02:28 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Ok now I am speechless, what's there to make this game stand out from other shooters out there now?

Portals and anti-gravity were the fun of Prey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 02:35 PM   #92
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

WTF those were the best bits about the game
Old Apr 2, 2011, 04:08 PM   #93
Crash7
Radeon R700

Crash7 is still being judged by the masses

I don't understand why they're even bothering to call this "Prey".
Crash7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 2, 2011, 04:10 PM   #94
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

maybe it was an april fools thing?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 04:37 PM   #95
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
maybe it was an april fools thing?
I really hope so because that is not the Prey 2 that i would buy.

edit: Is not a april fools i came from the 3drealms forum and they are talking about this, fans of the first Prey are very disappointed, this is not a sequel to Prey it is a completely different game.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio

Last edited by Argoon1981 : Apr 2, 2011 at 04:54 PM.
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 04:54 PM   #96
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
I really hope so because that is not the Prey 2 that i would buy.
to be perfectly honest the game sounds kind of intriguing to me from the description itself. but i agree, without portals and anti-gravity, it wouldn't really be a sequel to prey at all.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 10:53 PM   #97
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

This just ****ing pisses me off.

Quote:
“We explored a lot of the ways you could use portals and gravity in combat, and I really wanted to shift away from making it too much of a puzzle game”
Translation: we wanted to dumb the game down to make it more easily accessible to the brainless mainstream gaming market.

If there's something about your game that is cool and makes it stand out, you don't change or remove it in the sequel. You build on it and improve it.

It's becoming so glaringly obvious that developers think most gamers do not want to think and/or have any challenge, thus it justifies them not making a deeper more complex gaming experience out of their games. Weak.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:50 AM   #98
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

9 years later...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 03:04 AM   #99
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

All the best... except the one of the bosses ... scenes in the game all involved their gravity or portal events... some of them completely blew me away too. I have said it before, but the one where you walk into a room with a glass case and see a little rock in it, then go through a portal only to end up shrunk and running around on that rock in that glass case was awesome.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 03:16 AM   #100
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

So the aliens had this portal and gravity tech on the sphere but do not use it on their home world . Sounds like the engine being used does not support multi-directional gravity. Portals are cool, inter-dimensional thinking required, too bad if not used either.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 09:37 AM   #101
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

It's Far Cry 2 all over again.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:50 AM   #102
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Press A to win
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2011, 05:46 PM   #103
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Far Cry 2 seems to have created quite a trend, problem is, you know people are still going to buy it...
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 07:49 PM   #104
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 09:20 PM   #105
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Looks good. Do we know yet what engine this is being developed on? Doom 3?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 03:30 AM   #106
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Looks good. Do we know yet what engine this is being developed on? Doom 3?
Well one of them is "in-engine" (semi-bullshot, but still washed out textures etc) and the other is a concept environment art. I don't think anyone has complained about Prey's visuals, I am more concerned with the game direction (no portals, etc).
Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:44 AM   #107
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
I don't think anyone has complained about Prey's visuals, I am more concerned with the game direction (no portals, etc).
Yeah that is my main concern as well, the whole "Far Cry 2" thing. I'll be fine with the change in direction so long as it's a good game though.

But as for the graphics engine, was just wondering about which engine because I wasn't sure if that had been announced yet.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:38 PM   #108
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Yeah that is my main concern as well, the whole "Far Cry 2" thing. I'll be fine with the change in direction so long as it's a good game though.

But as for the graphics engine, was just wondering about which engine because I wasn't sure if that had been announced yet.
I think it's rumored to be id's Tech5.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:47 PM   #109
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
I think it's rumored to be id's Tech5.
Nope. id tech 4.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=113
crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 01:03 PM   #110
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Well at least it will run decently since it uses such an old engine, while its busy sucking for not having portals and gravity.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 04:11 PM   #111
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
Press A to win
w0rd
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 06:23 PM   #112
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchysuperman View Post
Thanks for posting.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:24 PM   #113
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:32 PM   #114
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Man the sure pimped out the piss out of the engine. But, it still shows some of the bigger weaknesses with it, namely the obvious poly count.

Now, if the game only included portals.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:40 PM   #115
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

From the article, I am really digging the bounty hunter role of the protagonist.

It just sounds so much like Boba Fett and that can't be a bad thing.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:44 PM   #116
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

I am just crept out by the amount/quality games that we are getting this year. It's seriously concerning to the well being of my wallet... and time.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:59 AM   #117
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Why the **** did they even call it Prey 2? i mean it's not like Prey is a house hold name...
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:23 AM   #118
RAY16
Defenestration Specialist

RAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Why the **** did they even call it Prey 2? i mean it's not like Prey is a house hold name...
Some brand recognition is better than no brand recognition, I suppose.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:00 AM   #119
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Not always. Look at Brink.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 04:34 PM   #120
RAY16
Defenestration Specialist

RAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

GT has an interview that has some new info about the game: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/st...-prey-2/713005

Tommy plays a role in the story, although he's not a playable character.