Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:37 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
if I buy it, there is a chance I won't play it.
considering I still have lots of games I didn't play or finished yet.
Anything is possible.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:14 PM   #32
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

SSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
monsters health doesn't stay the same when you respawn, so unless you quicksave every time you shoot the monster, its not the same.

in bioshock big daddy can own you 5 or 30 times, but he will go down sooner or latter. it much tougher killing him with one life.
Prox mines by a doorway (6), then splash him with nads. They arnt hard if you plan a bit.

Looking forward to prey 2, i did like the first one. They should just improve off that engine and add more polys/higher res textures and it will look just fine.

Thermaltake Core V51
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7Ghz (1.23V)
Wrath Spire HSF w/ MX4 @ 2500RPM
MSI B350 Tomahawk
16GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
500GB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER FE 8GB @ 1650/1935/7751Mhz
Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p @ 144Hz
Razor DeathAdder 6400dpi Mouse
Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 431.60

Coolermaster N200
Intel Core-i3 4170 @ 3.7Ghz
Xigmatek 1283 HSF + Thermaltake CL-F005
MSI H81M-P33
8GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
500GB WD Blue HDD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
2TB WD Red HDD
Intel HD 4400 350/1150Mhz
Corsair CX600 PSU
Dell 21.5" S2209WB 1080p @ 60Hz
Razor Lachesis 5400dpi Mouse
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 15.36.28.4332

Thermaltake Versa H15
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X @ 3.5Ghz
Wrath Stealth HSF w/ MX4
8GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
1TB WD Blue HDD (OS)
EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB @ 1216/1367/3500MHz
Oculus Rift Touch
Samsung 55" MU6290 HDR 2160p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 388.00

Dell Latitude 5270
Intel Core-i5 6300u @ 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR4 2133Mhz
500GB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD (OS)
Intel HD 520 300/1050Mhz
Dell 12.5" 768p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 20.19.15.4390

SSXeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:25 PM   #33
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtabs View Post
Number Two's tend to improve my thoughts.

bahaha yeh number 2's is when I do my best thinking

and I liked prey, but I played through it once and have never touched it again..
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:31 AM   #34
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
monsters health doesn't stay the same when you respawn, so unless you quicksave every time you shoot the monster, its not the same.

in bioshock big daddy can own you 5 or 30 times, but he will go down sooner or latter. it much tougher killing him with one life.
How is it more fun? Are you one the 1999 guys that's more focused on hanging your burdensome play mechanisms rather than playing an entertaining game?
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:36 PM   #35
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Same here the weapons in PREY is what ruined it for me ,I want a combination of earth and alien weapons to fight them.But all the weapons sucked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
bahaha yeh number 2's is when I do my best thinking

and I liked prey, but I played through it once and have never touched it again..
NIGELG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 08:16 AM   #36
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

There's some more info about Radar Group, the devs who are making Prey 2, in this thread:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33919085

As for this thread, thought I'd garner it with the only pic I've found so far of Prey 2:

http://www.megagames.com/news/images...pt%20art01.jpg

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)

Last edited by klutzon : Mar 20, 2008 at 08:27 AM.
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 07:57 PM   #37
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

what happened to Prey 2?
is it still coming out?

played the first one and liked it quite a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:45 PM   #38
SoulFly
Radeon R300

SoulFly is still being judged by the masses

i'm pretty certain i read last year that it was cancelled. i think It was using the U3 engine anyway, different developer too,so i don't think it would have turned out as good imo. Cancled games are usually canceled for good reason...at least thats what i tell myself.
as a linear game, i thought Prey was pretty cool, i liked the part where you go in that small box and you shrink, then see that alien walk in and he's huuuggee. i'd like to see more unique stuff in games like that.

I also hated to see Omikron 2 and Outcast 2 get cancelled years ago, still hoping someone picks them up but its probably for the best they don't.
SoulFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:32 AM   #39
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

It was in development (presumably with Human Head) when 3DR sold the IP to Zenimax. Since then, all info has ceased. One would not buy a game IP with no interest in using it, so I would assume it will still come out eventually, although it would seem that Zenimax may have changed the vision for the game, along with it's developer.
crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:48 AM   #40
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchysuperman View Post
It was in development (presumably with Human Head) when 3DR sold the IP to Zenimax. Since then, all info has ceased. One would not buy a game IP with no interest in using it, so I would assume it will still come out eventually, although it would seem that Zenimax may have changed the vision for the game, along with it's developer.
Most likely. I hope this sees the light of day.

yoz
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:54 AM   #41
acroig
Master Troll

Default Prey 2 Officially Announced, Human Head Still At The Helm

"Bethesda just sent over a press release that officially announces Prey 2 for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Human Head created the first title, and is now developing Prey 2 for Bethesda with id Software's cutting edge "id tech engine".

Project Lead Chris Rhinehard had the following to say about the announcement:

"We are thrilled to be working with Bethesda on Prey 2. Prey 2 will provide gamers the opportunity to explore a new facet of the Prey universe, one that offers fast-paced action in an open, alien world. We’re excited to show gamers the title we have been working on and hope they will be as excited by this title as we are."
The May issues of The Official Xbox Magazine and Playstation: The Official Magazine will have the scoop in the US, so be sure to snag up a copy if you're dying for more information. Alternatively, Bethesda is hinting that the official Prey 2 Facebook page will be updated in the coming days."

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/59...ll-At-The-Helm

Thanks spindoctor for the good news.

yoz
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:56 AM   #42
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ZOMG.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:59 AM   #43
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Card View Post
ZOMG.
Indeed!

yoz
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:10 AM   #44
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash7 View Post
Prey must have been pretty good because I finished it. That's my measure for games. If they keep me playing all the way through to the end, it was a good game.
It also might have something to do with the fact it was only about 5 hours long.

And even as short as it was, by the end I was beginning to tire of it. In my opinion it was a decent game, but I wouldn't put it up anywhere in my list of top games.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:37 AM   #45
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
It also might have something to do with the fact it was only about 5 hours long.

And even as short as it was, by the end I was beginning to tire of it. In my opinion it was a decent game, but I wouldn't put it up anywhere in my list of top games.
That, and I vaguely recall that there was virtually NO penalty for getting yourself killed.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:55 AM   #46
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This game gonna be good. I really loved the first prey.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 02:01 PM   #47
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Have they announced a release date or expected release day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 02:05 PM   #48
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
No but if they're working with id's latest engine it would probably be after Prey ships so next year at earliest.

yoz
Old Mar 14, 2011, 02:27 PM   #49
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I liked Prey good game! The intro was great too.

Wonder what Engine they will use...
UE3

between saving the world and getting frame for his family He's gonna be roided up and built like a tank.

And that solves the mystery of why he was framed: Roid Rage.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 02:44 PM   #50
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

I hope they do something with native American mythology again.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 02:50 PM   #51
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
yes, it's coming in 2012.

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/0...ore-this-week/

not sure if they would use id tech 5. i'm inclined to think not, especially if the game has been in development for a year or two. i could be wrong though.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 04:12 PM   #52
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
UE3

between saving the world and getting frame for his family He's gonna be roided up and built like a tank.

And that solves the mystery of why he was framed: Roid Rage.
It is being made on Id tech (5?) not UE3.

And by the way AWESOME NEWS!!! i liked Prey, i hope that this time around they flesh out more the portal gameplay and gravity stuff.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 04:14 PM   #53
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
It is being made on Id tech (5?) not UE3.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 07:37 PM   #54
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash7 View Post
Prey must have been pretty good because I finished it. That's my measure for games. If they keep me playing all the way through to the end, it was a good game.
or really short.
jimjobob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 08:07 PM   #55
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

hordaktheman is still being judged by the masses

Prey holds the title of having one of the best intros I've ever seen in a game. I was toying with the jukebox and found it absolutely mindblowing when the invasion started and Don't Fear The Reaper started playing. It might not have been too original but it was very well implemented.

I'm definitely looking forward to a sequel if they can improve on the momentum of the original. That was really the only bit that I found lacking.
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 08:30 PM   #56
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

I'd be nice if Prey was available on Steam again. Don't want to play the second one without playing the first.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:08 PM   #57
RAY16
Defenestration Specialist

RAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRAY16 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
I'd be nice if Prey was available on Steam again. Don't want to play the second one without playing the first.
Just get a cheap retail copy and register it on Steam.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:40 PM   #58
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_OXM:
Uh, guys, the press release doesn't say ANYTHING about id Tech 5.

Also, the game is very, VERY different than what you think it is. I'll be curious to hear your reactions when you read our feature story.
This doesn't sound good.

And look to this image.

Is that Tommy?
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio

Last edited by Argoon1981 : Mar 14, 2011 at 11:43 PM.
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:44 PM   #59
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Why not? UE3 is a ****ty engine IMHO.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:45 PM   #60
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
This doesn't sound good.

And look to this image.

Is that Tommy?
Oh no...not another FC2 again!

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote