Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 11, 2019, 05:55 AM   #2881
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They basically had to redo all the ships with Item 2.0. The time sink on ships is insane.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 11:32 AM   #2882
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
And that of the 100's of star systems promised, zero have been completed
They've probably completed many many systems but are keeping the alpha builds as small as possible in size with a focus on testing tech and mechanics. I'm sure they could add in multiple systems and bump up the download size by 50GB but what's the point when they haven't even been able to achieve something as basic as making AI pilots fly properly.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 12:10 PM   #2883
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
They've probably completed many many systems but are keeping the alpha builds as small as possible in size with a focus on testing tech and mechanics. I'm sure they could add in multiple systems and bump up the download size by 50GB but what's the point when they haven't even been able to achieve something as basic as making AI pilots fly properly.
lol

BELIEVE

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 21, 2019, 12:21 PM   #2884
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm trying
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 08:04 PM   #2885
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The fact that this thread is 6 and 1/2 years old and there still isn't a game says a lot.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2019, 10:54 PM   #2886
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

My comment in July 2015

Quote:
It will be years before this game is out and disappoints people. I guess 2019 is probably a good estimate for completion. The project is just so huge. They should have stoped at $30 million and aimed to make a game for $20. Then we might have seen it 2016 or so.
I was way wrong
Old May 22, 2019, 09:35 AM   #2887
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
The fact that this thread is 6 and 1/2 years old and there still isn't a game says a lot.
He should have put SQ42 on the front burner, released that and keep milking fools for the rest.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 03:26 AM   #2888
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I certainly don't begrudge people spending their money the way they want, but daaaaamn!

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 09:31 AM   #2889
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I certainly don't begrudge people spending their money the way they want, but daaaaamn!
Indeed.

yoz
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:06 PM   #2890
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Just read the monthly email... S42 should be finished some time in 2022.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:21 PM   #2891
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Just read the monthly email... S42 should be finished some time in 2022.
4080 Ti RTX should be able to handle it by then.

yoz
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:00 PM   #2892
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

People still pledging their money to Lord Croberts.

$2.7 million per month since the start of the year. Of course that's not enough to cover expenses, but they got $46 million to let them cruise along for a few years. Money won't be any issue for them until end of 2020.

Crytek's new lawyers claiming CIG did NOT switch engines and merely pretended they did to get a better licensing deal.

They are in settlement talks and I suspect CIG will just pay whatever they can afford.

Last edited by nutcrackr : Jul 3, 2019 at 11:10 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 07:15 AM   #2893
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

ALien8ed is still being judged by the masses

3.6 PTU open to all backers.
ALien8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:36 PM   #2894
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Crytek paid $500k bond to begin the discovery process. I think CIG have 60 days to get all their **** together to sent to Crytek (source code / financials / licensing etc). I also think Crytek have 60 days to look at it.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:49 PM   #2895
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Every time I read the latest email update about S42, I can't help but laugh.

We created basic AI. We are working on rebuilding the rendering. We are never ever going to actually finish the game...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:05 PM   #2896
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Every time I read the latest email update about S42, I can't help but laugh.

We created basic AI. We are working on rebuilding the rendering. We are never ever going to actually finish the game...
So true.

yoz
Old Aug 9, 2019, 04:11 AM   #2897
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

regardless of the fact it ever releases, or ever will be a "game". It's worth the small price just for the tech demo because some of the stuff is impressive from a technical standpoint.

Just flying over Arcorp or Lorvile at night with BladeRunner music just to escape from life for a little bit was worth the $20 I spent on the game

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:21 AM   #2898
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
regardless of the fact it ever releases, or ever will be a "game". It's worth the small price just for the tech demo because some of the stuff is impressive from a technical standpoint.

Just flying over Arcorp or Lorvile at night with BladeRunner music just to escape from life for a little bit was worth the $20 I spent on the game
I have always said I'll buy SQ42..... might not live long enough to do it though.

yoz
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:27 AM   #2899
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Did it ship yet? Huh? Eh?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:46 AM   #2900
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

shitely quick edited video to show off some random flying I do with Bladerunner OST.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Aug 31, 2019, 02:25 AM   #2901
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
...might not live long enough to do it though.

Quote:
Squadron 42, Star Citizen’s single-player campaign, beta has been delayed by 12 weeks
Quote:
Cloud Imperium has announced that Staggered Development is coming to both Star Citizen and Squadron 42. However, and due to this development model, the beta date for Squadron 42 has been delayed by 12 weeks.
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/squad...s/#more-129603

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2019, 04:30 AM   #2902
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Can't believe there would be a delay, not on this project.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 09:16 AM   #2903
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post

yoz
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:07 AM   #2904
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Seriously, I don't think anyone saw this coming. I'm sooooo disappointed, and now I have to reschedule the time off I had put in for next summer to play it.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:13 AM   #2905
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

I hope some of the actors in the game will still be alive by the time they release it.

Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:14 AM   #2906
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

This thread has been going on for 7 years. Holy crap.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:35 PM   #2907
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I hope some of the actors in the game will still be alive by the time they release it.
I hope I will still be alive
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:50 PM   #2908
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I hope I will still be alive
That's what I said!

yoz
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:58 PM   #2909
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
That's what I said!
yea but I'll be 60 in a few weeks

but I died 10 years ago the 2nd ...…

.........so I don't know if being undead counts
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2019, 01:25 PM   #2910
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
yea but I'll be 60 in a few weeks

but I died 10 years ago the 2nd ...…

.........so I don't know if being undead counts
God brought you back for a reason so keep it up!

yoz