Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:28 PM   #841
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

geebus, thats a lot of currency to have already used this league!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:08 PM   #842
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Probably done the chaos recipe a couple hundred times this league so far. Regardless of what elitists say (waste of time, inefficient etc) I think it's great for casual or new players to the game, or even experienced players at the start of a league.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2019, 03:52 AM   #843
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

oh yeah definitely, i do it for ages with my first character each league,. only really stop when i feel it starts to slow me down
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 22, 2019, 02:42 AM   #844
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Shaper down.

First time killing him in Legion, must have been my easiest shaper kill to date. Estimated I was doing somewhere around 2-3 mil dps. (PoB doesn't support Impale and some of the new ascendancy changes yet)
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Old Jun 25, 2019, 04:24 AM   #845
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

So the melee rework. I watched the dev video on it which looked good, but that's probably low tier gear.
And given how much PoE loves attack/cast speed which is my main problem with the game as it turns combat into 50aps effects diarrhea, has anything changed on that front?

It's hard to explain, but too much speed detracts from the 'visual flow' of the game since the animations never have a chance to be properly showcased.
I prefer a Pogo stick, while PoE is more of a power drill.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2019, 06:58 AM   #846
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Kind of. There are more incentives for slower attacks, but attack speed is still the best stat to get.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 07:00 AM   #847
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Well, you don't have to go with speed. They added a lot of new physical multiplier supports, etc. The Sand stance adds a fair amount of survivability as it blinds people at close range so killing things instantly isn't as necessary. New aoe radius attacks mean you don't need spells for certain things, which is a huge boon (curse on hit?) Better armor support with guard skills make it not a lost cause.

Overall a good rework. Basic legion mechanics are ok and at least don't require you to play an entirely different minigame that takes you out of the normal flow. Haven't gotten the shards yet.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2019, 09:50 PM   #848
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

League's winding down, decided to throw some currency at a couple bases in my stash, crafted this 665 dps bad boy.

Hillock qualitied it myself. Took about 300 alts to hit T1 hybrid. Then 2 annuls, 1 regal, 222 fus to 6L, 2ex for multimod, 1ex for phys%, 1ex for attack speed, and a few chaos for the flat phys, accuracy+quality.

Don't even use axes, it's just sitting in my stash. Don't know if I want to sell it or maybe respec a bit to have some fun with it.

Last edited by Drexion : Jul 12, 2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 09:57 PM   #849
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

damn, thats beatiful

thats the axe im aiming for, but im not even close to there yet in currencey
Old Jul 15, 2019, 03:21 PM   #850
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Finished another Vaal Axe craft earlier today, works out to about 730 dps (with fortify multiplier).

Already respecced into axes and bought a watchers eye +2 impale hits for 9ex, planning on having some fun with this.

Last edited by Drexion : Jul 16, 2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 09:24 AM   #851
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Lucky drop!! A free 9 exalts is a free 9 exalts!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 03:35 PM   #852
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Lucky drop!! A free 9 exalts is a free 9 exalts!
Sorry, meant I bought one for 9ex, my bad. Fixed the phrasing. Uber elder never dropped a jewel for me, only red/yellow elders did and they never had decent stats on them. (the drop chance for a jewel from Uber Elder is 1 in 9, and I rarely do Uber, maybe once a league with a carry)

Edit: Just hit 3 white sockets first try at the Vorici syndicate bench on that axe, might be handy in the future.

Last edited by Drexion : Jul 16, 2019 at 09:08 PM.