Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Jul 5, 2020, 05:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Low mem errors with 11 out of 16 used?

I don't get it.. I keep getting these damn warning with plenty of memory left. And it just shut down my game with 3 gig free.
I'm on 8.1 with replaced start.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 02:33 AM   #2
Bitey
Radeon Northern Islands

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

some shitty games require you to have swap space enabled?
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 08:12 AM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
some shitty games require you to have swap space enabled?
Yeah, I'm guessing the OP disabled the swap file.

Also, Windows 8.1...dump that garbage and get the free upgrade to Windows 10 while it lasts. Much better OS.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 6, 2020, 05:33 PM   #4
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

There are applications that expect and require the swap file to be enabled. Even with stupid amounts of RAM free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote