Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 12, 2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Facebook Home APK

http://androidos.in/2013/04/facebook...-for-download/

Decided I wanted to try this, grabbed the APK above. It's really good, makes for a very good launcher, even replaces my lock screen. I'm pretty shocked at just how good it is, Facebook did a good job here.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 09:04 PM   #2
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Sketchy as hell, no permissions required?

I thought they released FB Home on the US Play store?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I looked but didn't see it on my phone yet. Might just not have been pushed to the GS3.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 12, 2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Just reinstalled from the Play Store, no permissions there either.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Call me paranoid but I'm gonna steer clear of that then.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 13, 2013, 07:43 AM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I'll call you some other name instead. No permissions means it doesn't access anything sensitive on your phone. Really all it needs is your Facebook app and Facebook Messenger app. Those 2 have to be installed for it to work in the first place.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 09:07 AM   #7
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The facebook app actually increased in permissions. Available on google play store. Not compatible with Nexus 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
The facebook app actually increased in permissions. Available on google play store. Not compatible with Nexus 7
Yeah just noticed new permissions with the latest update. I didn't think FB Home could do any of the things they mentioned without increasing permissions at the very least.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 14, 2013, 02:23 PM   #9
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

More Facebook? No thank you. Why on earth is the app still not enough? And I don't even use that.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2013, 05:25 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
More Facebook? No thank you. Why on earth is the app still not enough? And I don't even use that.
Go away.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 01:23 AM   #11
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Shouldn't you be on Facebook now?

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 05:21 AM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Shouldn't your head be firmly lodged up your ass right now?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 06:42 PM   #13
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Go back to myspace!

Quote:
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:01 AM   #14
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

So seriously, why would anyone want Facebook Home? Sure plenty of us use Facebook, but it doesn't mean I want it to replace Apex Launcher or one of the many other excellent launchers available. In fact I read some reviews that while the interface is pretty good, it makes a lousy app launcher that lacks features common to nearly all other launchers. Gonna have to pass on this one, I do a hell of a lot more on my phone besides seeing the latest mobile uploads from my friends.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:46 AM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post
So seriously, why would anyone want Facebook Home? Sure plenty of us use Facebook, but it doesn't mean I want it to replace Apex Launcher or one of the many other excellent launchers available. In fact I read some reviews that while the interface is pretty good, it makes a lousy app launcher that lacks features common to nearly all other launchers. Gonna have to pass on this one, I do a hell of a lot more on my phone besides seeing the latest mobile uploads from my friends.
Other than the lack of widgets I love it. I'm sure they can certainly update it for some sort of widget functionality. Hell it allows me to use Facebook with no ads. That is not a negative! Most of the time I just have my phone on my bench at work with the screen unlocked scrolling through my friends posts. It's very nice.

Last edited by Elysian : Apr 23, 2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:53 AM   #16
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Hell it allows me to use Facebook with no ads.
Your Facebook app had ads?

I could see someone who is always on Facebook enjoying this "launcher". For me there is no way in hell I'd give up Nova for it. But again, I'm not on Facebook all the time.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:04 AM   #17
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
Your Facebook app had ads?

I could see someone who is always on Facebook enjoying this "launcher". For me there is no way in hell I'd give up Nova for it. But again, I'm not on Facebook all the time.
Yes, sponsored posts strewn throughout the timeline. Hate that crap. Yours doesn't have that? It's a pretty common complaint now amongst my friends who use the Facebook app.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 08:34 PM   #18
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Advertisements are why rage3d is free. I don't mind it on facebook.

Quote:
Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:04 PM   #19
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
Advertisements are why rage3d is free. I don't mind it on facebook.
I mind it when it's as intrustive as Facebook is making it and when I can go to Google+ and get completely ad free. Free market at work. More and more of my friends are making the switch now too.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 01:18 PM   #20
Zero
Sass hole

App is total crap for me. Hard to see pictures in full size, have to flip through so many pages to get to personal content, app launcher is a minimal afterthought. Don't get the point of it.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Apr 24, 2013, 04:05 PM   #21
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Playing with Home.. sorta like it.. really like the chat/sms feature though

Thanks for the link
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:52 AM   #22
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

not exactly rated highly in the store, nor is it climbing the "top" charts...
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:04 PM   #23
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I have stopped using it.. donest flow well with the rest of the phone.. however I still like the chat feature and glad that still runs when home is not.
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 08:27 AM   #24
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It seems like Google is putting a stop to apps that auto update themselves without going through the Play store.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/26/g...ge-play-store/
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote