Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Question: Samsung Printer, Scanner and Fax with Android

So my wife has been asking for network printing for over 3 years now. So I told her about getting a samsung laser printer that can even work from her Droid Incredible. Her reply was very sarcastic and unbecoming of a lady so I called her a bitch. Anyhow I need to get a solution for her by this weekend so has anyone used this app or can suggest something like it? I'm getting a small B&W laser.. scanning is not necessary but I will not rule it out.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
Quote:
Samsung MobilePrint is a free application which enables to print photos, documents and web pages directly from your smartphone and tablet. The application also enables scanning document to your mobile device directly.
[Key features & Benefits]
- Automatic printer searching on a local wireless network
- Compatible with Samsung wireless and networked printers only
- Print photos, PDF documents and web pages
- Scan document directly to your mobile device
[Updates with V1.01.03]
1. GoogleDocs & SNS Printing (Facebook & Twitter)
2. Printing on supported printers shared on Windows(SMB)
- Make sure you have shared printers in PC running Windows.
- Press menu and select "Add device manually", then choose SMB.
- Type in IP address of PC and other fields.
3. Double-Sided Printing options are added
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:50 PM   #2
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

OK, I went ahead and purchased a Samsung SCX-4826FN multifunction Laser Printer. http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/p...SCX-4826FN/XAA

I will hook it up this weekend and see if Android and really print to and scan from it. I don't know if anyone cares about this type of technology but I'll share how it works.

I am still interested in other vendor solutions as well for future reference.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:52 PM   #3
snookums
Nothing is true.

snookums is still being judged by the masses

Just found this post.
I have a Samsung CLP-325w laser printer, and I am going to try out this app and let you know.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 19, 2011, 07:05 PM   #4
ATi VGA Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookums View Post
Just found this post.
I have a Samsung CLP-325w laser printer, and I am going to try out this app and let you know.
That was actually my second choice printer.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:19 PM   #5
ATi VGA Wonder

I unboxed the all in one today and installed the android app on my phone.

Successfully printed PDF, full web pages, Photos from Gallery, Google Docs. All looked top notch.

I might mess around with Scanning to PDF to the phone tomorrow. But for now I am happy. Tomorrow evening I'll try to please the wife with it but I need to make sure no problems exist.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:24 PM   #6
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Tomorrow evening I'll try to please the wife with it.
Your first mistake. You'll never please, you'll only appease

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:45 PM   #7
ATi VGA Wonder

She is happily printing from her Droid Incredible. I do have a few borderline power issues but that is not the printer's fault.