Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Feb 24, 2005, 07:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Draeon

Draeon is still being judged by the masses

Lightbulb Fix for hibernate/suspend problem

I've seen various posts from people having problems after returning from hibernate (suspend to disk) or standby (suspend to ram) with Catalyst 4.8 or later. The problem being either the screen staying black, or garbled with artifacts.

It seems this is not a bug in the Catalyst drivers but is caused by Atitool. See also this bugreport which describes the problem well. The good news is that the problem will be fixed in the next version of Atitool 0.0.24.

So if you have this hibernate/suspend problem and if you are using Atitool, try to disable 'Load on Windows Startup", then reboot and see if that solved the problem. If so, disable Atitool and wait for the next version of Atitool to be released.

Or you could download and use Atitool 0.0.24 beta (now beta2). I had no problems with it but it's beta so use at your own risk! The latest beta can be downloaded here. You need to register before you can download it.

Please post your results so everyone can learn from it.
Draeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 04:15 AM   #2
B.Money
Radeon R420

B.Money is still being judged by the masses

iv been habing tons and tons of problems w/ standby and i have atitool installed but its not selected on startup.. could just having it installed be causing me problems??

B.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Draeon

Draeon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Money View Post
iv been habing tons and tons of problems w/ standby and i have atitool installed but its not selected on startup.. could just having it installed be causing me problems??

No. Just having it installed on your harddisk can not cause it.
I dont know what causes your problems. but you can at least take this of your list of possible causes.
Draeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 2, 2006, 08:35 PM   #4
B.Money
Radeon R420

B.Money is still being judged by the masses

lol greeeaaat i was hoping i would get lucky lol

B.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 09:06 AM   #5
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

I don't use hibernate and never had a problem with suspend to RAM until 6.7 which puts the display into a sleep it will not recover from while the PC continues running. The defect remains in 6.8, thus rendering the driver unusable. Indeed, due to other severe defects I'm stuck back at 6.2 anyway; 6.3 "introduced" non-functional Video-In on X800XL VIVO and for all I know all such Rage Theater 200 equipped cards. Of course, even 6.2 has its TVO problems going all the way back to 5.2. Catalyst = Crapalyst.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 01:20 PM   #6
micjustmic

micjustmic is still being judged by the masses

I too am having problems with all drivers 6.7 and up. Black screen after sleep/hibernate. 6.6 works just fine.

I've never had Atitool installed, nor any other software like this installed. Just the ATi drivers and CCC

ATi X700 Pro.

Mic
micjustmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 03:01 PM   #7
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

I'm having no problems with Standby (not hibernate) on most of my systems, but the WDM drivers audio stops working on return for my AIW's. I've had no issues with 6.5->6.9 with Standby.

My GF's PC does have problems with Standby though, but I'm still diagnosing if it's something I'm doing wrong or hardware/mainboard related. Her's never comes out of Standby. Monitor and PC go to sleep.. green power light blinks.. but hitting keyboard, mouse, everything... never wakes up. Need to hit reset.
(Keyboard is PS2 so it's not a simple USB/S3 issue).

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote