Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » Remote Wonder and Plug-In Discussion
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Remote Wonder and Plug-In Discussion ATI's brand new video card...err I meant remote control! Discuss the software and hardware, and show off your Plug-Ins in development here.

Old Dec 22, 2002, 03:52 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
avekevin
Radeon R100

avekevin is still being judged by the masses

Default Remote Wonder wake from Hibernate?

I am looking for a way to enable my Remote Wonder to awaken the computer from the hibernate state.

In device manager, I have unchecked the box on the USB hub so that the computer doesn't turn off the USB device when hibernating, but it still doesnt work.

Any ideas?

Running Windows XP SP1

Thanks,

Kevin
avekevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2002, 03:56 PM   #2
tai

tai is still being judged by the masses

remote wonder can`t awake your computer from hibernate or shutdown-ed compuer becouse this can work only on motherboards that suport "wake on usb activity" or something like that in their BIOS, this you can`t do with software/OS "like windows", windows can only wake up your PC from "stand by".

Sorry this are facts, and I did not seen yet motherboard with "wake on usb activity" in BIOS so if somewhone seen this motherboard let me know :-)))

Last edited by tai : Dec 26, 2002 at 03:59 PM.
tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2002, 11:13 AM   #3
Muffzilla
Radeon R300

Muffzilla is still being judged by the masses

Many ASUS motherboards support this. I built one for my sisters but cannot remember offhand what motherboard I used. You have to go into the BIOS and set the power options to do it. You also have to go into the device manager in windows and allow the device to wake the computer.
Prolink PlayTV PVR TV Tuner
2 Maxtor 80 GB ATA 133 HD (RAID 0)
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
Pioneer DVD 106-S (Slot Load)
Plextor 12x10x32
Muffzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 13, 2003, 03:50 AM   #4
gabbe
Radeon R100

gabbe is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by tai
remote wonder can`t awake your computer from hibernate or shutdown-ed compuer becouse this can work only on motherboards that suport "wake on usb activity" or something like that in their BIOS, this you can`t do with software/OS "like windows", windows can only wake up your PC from "stand by".

Sorry this are facts, and I did not seen yet motherboard with "wake on usb activity" in BIOS so if somewhone seen this motherboard let me know :-)))
ASUS A7N8X can wake (from power off) from USB /gabbe
gabbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2003, 08:27 AM   #5
tai

tai is still being judged by the masses

Thanks man, this is great, how did you find it?
tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2003, 01:01 AM   #6
sff

sff is still being judged by the masses

Hello,
I have a problem with my a7n8x & remote wonder. When my computer is turn off, remote wonder can't awake it.
Remote wonder is power on when pc is shutdown. And I have go into the Bios and set the power options.
sff is offline   Reply With Quote