Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:22 AM   #1771
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
I am really, really, really, really tempted to upgrade my 470gtx. I will wait to try the game first, though.
Yeah, or at least wait for preview articles to get a feel for what it will take to run it well.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:22 AM   #1772
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

This is certainly a beta! Pretty buggy.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:25 AM   #1773
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Considering they have less than a month before release, I doubt we see much change unless we're looking at early patches.

I expected this to be buggy as hell on launch though, because they're rushing it to beat MW3.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:27 AM   #1774
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Does it still feel more like Medal of Honor than Battlefield just like the alpha? Or has it changed quite a bit since then?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:27 AM   #1775
m4trix
Banned

m4trix is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
What bugs?
m4trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:29 AM   #1776
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The download speed sucks, I'm only getting ~10MB/sec.

That's it, I'm now boycotting origin.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:31 AM   #1777
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
The download speed sucks, I'm only getting ~10MB/sec.
First world problem right there my friend! My line maxes out at 2.8MB/s on its best day.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:34 AM   #1778
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Sometimes my iron sights dont even come up when I click so I have to click twice, or it bugs out and doesnt come up at all and I have to switch weapon then back again..
The slighest bump (brushing against a rock, tree, bush etc) when sprinting stops me from sprinting so I have to repeatedly press the sprint button as I run through areas with lots of obstacles..
Some barriers I couldnt climb over even though the climb aniamtion played through, my guy just stays on the same side of the fence after the animation is finished..
Performance isnt very smooth although my frame rate is through the roof, probably something to do with SLI...

I dunno it just feels like I have to press everything twice and it doesnt always do what I want it to. Game seems good, but in its current state BC2 destroys it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Does it still feel more like Medal of Honor than Battlefield just like the alpha? Or has it changed quite a bit since then?
Feels like BC2:Vietnam:Modern Warfare, with bugs.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:37 AM   #1779
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hmm, are they going to let us try out caspian border?

It's listed as one of the two maps in the server filter.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:40 AM   #1780
m4trix
Banned

m4trix is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Sometimes my iron sights dont even come up when I click so I have to click twice, or it bugs out and doesnt come up at all and I have to switch weapon then back again..
The slighest bump (brushing against a rock, tree, bush etc) when sprinting stops me from sprinting so I have to repeatedly press the sprint button as I run through areas with lots of obstacles..
Some barriers I couldnt climb over even though the climb aniamtion played through, my guy just stays on the same side of the fence after the animation is finished..
Performance isnt very smooth although my frame rate is through the roof, probably something to do with SLI...

I dunno it just feels like I have to press everything twice and it doesnt always do what I want it to. Game seems good, but in its current state BC2 destroys it.

uhmm

I could not wait so i fired it up on my work pc. corei5, 4GB ram and a 570GTX.
Game runes really good. I have no problems with iron sights.

Will check the other onces in a moment. Have to work also dammit*!
m4trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:43 AM   #1781
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

That would be awesome if it was some special unlock.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:43 AM   #1782
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Goddamnit... That's what I was afraid of.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:50 AM   #1783
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4trix View Post
uhmm

I could not wait so i fired it up on my work pc. corei5, 4GB ram and a 570GTX.
Game runes really good. I have no problems with iron sights.

Will check the other onces in a moment. Have to work also dammit*!
Dont get me wrong, it wasnt a bug fest like RO2 but wait till you play it a solid few rounds. I bet at least 2 or 3 times the iron sights wont click when you want them to, I also just found out on another forum there is a reload bug which causes them not to come up at all occasioanly, which has happened to me twice so far.

The auto climb bug happened to me twice on the same fence aswell, but not anywhere else in the game, guess I was unlucky to try to climb that particular fence...twice.

The sprint thing happened a few times when running and brushing against certain things.

So nothing game breaking, but there were enough things that happened in a few rounds to make me notice and say it was annoying.

As for performance, I dunno its just not as smooth as BC2, MW, CSS etc, but that could very well be Tri-SLI, I'll try 1 & 2 cards.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:04 AM   #1784
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm still downloading you dumb asses.

Another 2 1/2 hours to go.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:07 AM   #1785
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

I'm still waiting on my origin pre-order key.

Saw this on neowin.

Quote:
There's a flaw in the website to redeem the keys for the beta, and because of this the website is now being spammed by the world to try and cheat themself into the beta.

Apparently, when it ask's for a key, change the /key/ in the url to legal and you don't even need a key, and thanks to idiots spamming this around the web, the bf3 beta site is now ruined.
Not sure how true this is, or if it impacts US customers...
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:10 AM   #1786
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Instead of screwing with us, EA should allow everyone in. Can't they bloody see the insane hype this beta is generating? If someone was foolish enough to buy MOH LE a year before the BF3 beta to get some kind of early access, good for them.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:14 AM   #1787
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
Instead of screwing with us, EA should allow everyone in. Can't they bloody see the insane hype this beta is generating? If someone was foolish enough to buy MOH LE a year before the BF3 beta to get some kind of early access, good for them.
Right now, there's not even enough servers for them to let everyone in.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:15 AM   #1788
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

ukHazard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

No FAQing way, unfortunately.

I SEE THERE ARE SERVERS UP FOR A SECOND MAP ON PC. CAN I ACCESS AND PLAY THIS MAP? No. THIS MAP IS ONLY FOR INTERNAL BACK-END TESTS.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:15 AM   #1789
Mangler
PC

Quote:

As for performance, I dunno its just not as smooth as BC2, MW, CSS etc, but that could very well be Tri-SLI, I'll try 1 & 2 cards.
Same deal with 2 cards, the framerate is fine, but it does not feel as smooth as bc2.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:16 AM   #1790
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Right now, there's not even enough servers for them to let everyone in.
When they open the beta to everyone on 9/29, all Hell is going to break loose.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:17 AM   #1791
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Beta servers should be all the servers that service providers are offering on the launch day. Why the hell not have the beta already running on those?
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:20 AM   #1792
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So many people, like 26 full 32 man servers in Australia at midnight on a Tuesday? That's insane.

Beta runs really well, looks great too. Looks better than the alpha for me on high/ultra settings. Still has problems with the parkour movement getting stuck on objects or not moving. No animation glitches yet from the alpha. You die really fast though, barely enough time to turn to see them. Lots of proning going on because of how quick you die on these tight maps.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:24 AM   #1793
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Just got my key, and downloading now.

Their staggering of the key emails appears to be helping to ease the load on the download servers. It's maxing out my line right now.

Last edited by Greasy : Sep 27, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:27 AM   #1794
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Same deal with 2 cards, the framerate is fine, but it does not feel as smooth as bc2.
Well I dont know if it will help with your 2600k, but the "not smooth" feeling felt the same as ArmA2 OA with hyperthreading enabled, so I disabled hyperthreading and its smooth as butter.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:29 AM   #1795
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Just got my key, and downloading now.

Their staggering of the key emails appears to be helping to ease the load on the download servers. It's maxing out my line right now.
Same here, just got the email, downloading at only 1/4 of my speed but still reasonable.

EDIT: I paused download, restarted Origin, restarted download, and now getting 1.4MB/s. Not great (Max is 3.6-3.7) but OK.

Last edited by ukHazard : Sep 27, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
ukHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:53 AM   #1796
demo
space cadet

Ok now that I got it all running perfect and set up all my keys etc correctly, I am really enjoying it. Its a bit MoHish, but MoH wasnt all bad and the infantry combat in this is kind of what MoH should have been.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:54 AM   #1797
Mangler
PC

The damage is too high, I got the drop on 6-7 people and dropped them before they even had a chance to react.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:01 AM   #1798
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

PC v.s PS3 IQ Differences

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:04 AM   #1799
Mangler
PC

Oh and bad snipers will not like this game, the glare from the scope is almost as bright as the sun, making them an easy target for everyone.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:07 AM   #1800
ukHazard
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
The damage is too high, I got the drop on 6-7 people and dropped them before they even had a chance to react.
In BF2 it couldn't have been any lower!

I like the sound of this though.