Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Mar 1, 2011, 07:59 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
erek
Banned

erek is still being judged by the masses

Internet Explorer 9 expected on March 14th, definitely released by March 24th

MSIE 9.x expected on March the 14th.

The IE9 Release Candidate came out on February 10th, so you might think it's about time it stepped its game up to a final release and Microsoft seems to be of the same mind. Download Squad reports insider sources have pinpointed the South by Southwest gathering in Austin, Texas, this month as the launch platform for the non-beta, non-RC Internet Explorer 9, with a direct download becoming available around 9PM ET on March 14th. That's highly specific, though still unconfirmed, information. For some more official word on the matter, we have to go to the Indian branch of the Microsoft Developer Network, which has tweeted out the announcement that IE9 will launch on March 24th at Tech.Ed India 2011. We imagine that's a launch party specific to India itself, however it does provide an official date for the latest time we can expect Microsoft to take the training wheels off its newest, shiniest browser.

(please visit the source link)...

Source: Engadget
erek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:28 AM   #2
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Here's hoping they've fixed it by then. Lately, sometimes it just won't load pages. It doesn't even give me an error, it just won't go.

Also, the RAM usage is insane. Back to Chrome for me...
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:27 PM   #3
xxJACKxx
Radeon R420

xxJACKxx is still being judged by the masses

It would be nice if that status bar showed the status of something besides the zoom percentage. I'm currently running the Firefox 4.0 RC and have no plans to ditch it for IE 9 if the final is no more functional than the RC.

IE 9 feels like a rip off of Chrome and Firefox 4.0 and Opera 11.0 look just like each other. Is there nobody working on these that has an original thought?
xxJACKxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 9, 2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

I just download IE9 today and the position of the favorites button is really throwing me off. I'd gotten so used to it being on the left that I despise it being on the right. I can't believe they didn't make it an option to rearrange the layout of the main bar.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 08:51 PM   #5
erek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
I just download IE9 today and the position of the favorites button is really throwing me off. I'd gotten so used to it being on the left that I despise it being on the right. I can't believe they didn't make it an option to rearrange the layout of the main bar.
RTM, or RC?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 09:31 PM   #6
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by erek View Post
RTM, or RC?
*sigh* it's still RC. The IE9 final version haven't out yet...Its supposed be release on either March 14th or 24th.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 07:12 AM   #7
erek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
*sigh* it's still RC. The IE9 final version haven't out yet...Its supposed be release on either March 14th or 24th.
A More Beautiful Web Launches on March 14th

I mentioned last month that we would be down in Austin, TX for SXSW. Since then there has been plenty of speculation and interest as to what might be happening. Exactly twelve months from the first Platform Preview of IE9, on Monday March 14th we will celebrate the developers and designers who are making a more beautiful web for all of us. We will release the final version of Internet Explorer 9 for download beginning at 9 p.m. Pacific.

(please visit the source link for a video and more information)...

Source: WindowsTeamBlog
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:43 AM   #8
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
Here's hoping they've fixed it by then. Lately, sometimes it just won't load pages. It doesn't even give me an error, it just won't go.

Also, the RAM usage is insane. Back to Chrome for me...
I didn't like IE9 cuz of the ram usage, but I went back to Chrome and find that its too slow

So back to IE9 for me...
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:37 PM   #9
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
I didn't like IE9 cuz of the ram usage, but I went back to Chrome and find that its too slow

So back to IE9 for me...
Yeah, I just had a fresh install two days ago. So I waiting for the final IE9 release, when it comes out, so I can update IE8 to IE9. I don't even install the firefox. If I've been used IE9 a lot and then back to Firefox. It'd feel like slower.

Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
EVGA SuperNova 650W
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:38 PM   #10
erek
Banned

Internet Explorer 9 launches tonight

We've got your early look

Yes, we know it's PI day, but don't tell the guys and gals at Microsoft -- we hear they're celebrating something a little different. That's right, the long-awaited IE9 browser is finally coming out of its beta and RC stage, and will be hitting the global download airways this evening at 9PM PT, which is midnight here on the East Coast. Microsoft tells us the .exe file will be available for you to download at those times right from www.beautyoftheweb.com -- but should you? Obviously, the RC release has been out for awhile, but we've spent the last day or so using the final build and we have to say if you're a PC user it's definitely worth a test drive. Hit the break to find out why we think so.

(please visit the source link for more information)...

Source: Engadget
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:08 PM   #11
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'll try it.

Don't the other two main browsers already have hardware acceleration though?
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:02 PM   #12
erek
Banned

It's up!

Last edited by erek : Mar 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:10 PM   #13
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yep, been playing around with it already..

Some things I've noticed:

Some of the favorite icons in the favorites bar won't display once the page is fully loaded

Can't change the color of the favorites bar

Some sites load slower in IE9 than Firefox and Chrome

That said, it's quite nice, and despite the loading problem for a few sites, all other sites are very snappy.

Oh yeah, I don't like where the reload and stop buttons are. They need to be icons, and moveable.

Last edited by eNforcer : Mar 14, 2011 at 11:12 PM.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:16 PM   #14
erek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
Yep, been playing around with it already..

Some things I've noticed:

Some of the favorite icons in the favorites bar won't display once the page is fully loaded

Can't change the color of the favorites bar

Some sites load slower in IE9 than Firefox and Chrome

That said, it's quite nice, and despite the loading problem for a few sites, all other sites are very snappy.

Oh yeah, I don't like where the reload and stop buttons are. They need to be icons, and moveable.
it broke compatibility with my personal e-mail server even in "compatibility mode"
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:24 PM   #15
erek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erek View Post
it broke compatibility with my personal e-mail server even in "compatibility mode"
...forced to use firefox now
Old Mar 16, 2011, 05:37 AM   #16
Dem2k
Radeon Sea Islands

Dem2k is still being judged by the masses

Does it have issues with flash sites e.g youtube. I remember trying the beta and opted for Safari instead as it would display youtube playlists propperly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URcvdDtnM_0
King of LimboooO!
Dem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2011, 09:25 AM   #17
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Was only able to quickly check it last night; with youtube it directed me to a flash upgrade which seemed to work. But i didnt try out any playlists. Just a few random clips which all seemed fine. It did feel quicker than Chrome on some sites but there were times where Chrome was much quicker. No crashes as of yet, and it seems pretty streamlined. Not too bad... i dont think its going to over take Chrome from being my default browser, good chances it will knock FF down the ladder.

Ill see if anything changes after putting some time into it.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:15 AM   #18
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Was only able to quickly check it last night; with youtube it directed me to a flash upgrade which seemed to work. But i didnt try out any playlists. Just a few random clips which all seemed fine. It did feel quicker than Chrome on some sites but there were times where Chrome was much quicker. No crashes as of yet, and it seems pretty streamlined. Not too bad... i dont think its going to over take Chrome from being my default browser, good chances it will knock FF down the ladder.

Ill see if anything changes after putting some time into it.

After I formated and i now use IE9 all the time...I'm satisfied with it so far. No problem at all I've seen.

Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
EVGA SuperNova 650W
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit

Last edited by Treeckcold57 : Mar 16, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:00 PM   #19
erek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
After I formated and i now use IE9 all the time...I'm satisfied with it so far. No problem at all I've seen.
none?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:07 AM   #20
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

other than the high RAM usage, no problems here either
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:52 PM   #21
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Even though i dont have any real complaints as of yet, im still finding that Chrome is still a better expirence over all. What about add-ons and such, any you guys can suggest? Like spelling or smooth scrolling? Im finding that their add-ons are lacking big time.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 02:59 PM   #22
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2011, 03:31 PM   #23
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Thanks dude!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 09:15 PM   #24
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Is there an adblock plus plugin or equivalent for IE yet?
Quick Edit:
Apparently not. There are some half assed clones out there.
I'll stick to Firefox even with it's gigantic memory requirements.

Last edited by Payne3d : Mar 21, 2011 at 01:13 AM.
Payne3d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:31 AM   #25
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Some of my add-ons only work in the 32bit version .

Chrome is still my favorite browser. I just like IE because of the Microsoft Lync - Click to Call [phone number detection] feature.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2011, 01:00 AM   #26
charlikl

charlikl is still being judged by the masses

Well nice to hear it and they have also fix some problem which people were facing in Internet Explorer 8. But in default i am using, Google Chrome as well as Internet Explorer. I am very much satisfying with Google chrome because of it's greater surfing speed.
charlikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2011, 07:13 PM   #27
TriGGlety
Banned

TriGGlety is still being judged by the masses

And boy is it good.
It asks Save options before it puts it in Download folder.
I dosnt open new IE windows, with new links, its opens a new tabs.
Brill!
Fonts and text are million times clearer. Gone is pixelate robot text.
Its roomier.

9 out of 9, Microsoft.
TriGGlety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 02:14 AM   #28
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGGlety View Post
It asks Save options before it puts it in Download folder.

I dosnt open new IE windows, with new links, its opens a new tabs.
wow, what kind of black sorcery is this? freaking wizards!

MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 01:03 PM   #29
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Does anyone know how to make autocomplete password without just click the dialog after clicked on the username? Firefox's password filler is a very good. IE9 is not good as FF4 password filler. Thanks.

Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
EVGA SuperNova 650W
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Old Apr 24, 2011, 04:22 AM   #30
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Installed it. It's tight.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote