Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 3, 2019, 03:48 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

If it doesn't have a Cessna it isn't going to be a true MS flight sim.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2019, 04:11 PM   #62
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

And the starting airport needs to be Chicago Meigs field.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2019, 04:35 PM   #63
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
And the starting airport needs to be Chicago Meigs field.
You mean the airport that no longer exists?

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 3, 2019, 05:16 PM   #64
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

that airport hasn't existed in yeeears lol It was right next to soldier field
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2019, 08:50 PM   #65
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Yes, that's the one.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 06:14 AM   #66
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

I thought we would have to wait for a very long time before we see the next visual leap in flight sim genre...

insane, and that's only DX11 level of tech.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 05:59 PM   #67
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I've been fooled before.
andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2019, 09:35 PM   #68
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't even like flight sims much but I would totally play this for the visuals. Assuming a decent price ...hopefully it's on xbox game pass.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2019, 06:43 AM   #69
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Flett View Post
If it doesn't have a Cessna it isn't going to be a true MS flight sim.
From reading about it, the 172 was flyable in the preview event last week. They even were able to obtain the actual CAD files from Cessna to use for the 3d model. They also had a flyable DR 40 and TBM 700/800. In other press releases they've also shown a DA 62, an A320 of some sorts, an Icon A-5, and a few more unidentified prop driven aircraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I don't even like flight sims much but I would totally play this for the visuals. Assuming a decent price ...hopefully it's on xbox game pass.
Already confirmed they will be releasing it standalone and game pass at the same time.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:13 PM   #70
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

why not add helicopters early? I want to fly down the middle of Seattle and hover around the space needle...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2019, 03:27 PM   #71
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
why not add helicopters early? I want to fly down the middle of Seattle and hover around the space needle...
A few people posted the dev interview from the event last week, the answer they gave about helicopters was "We want to take the time to do it right"
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:26 AM   #72
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:42 PM   #73
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Simply amazing stuff.

I see future shooter and driving games using this tech.

Forza Horizon 5 in the real world anyone?
Old Oct 12, 2019, 05:55 PM   #74
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Simply amazing stuff.

Nah, it looks amazing from a set distance, but anywhere close you see the limitations of using satellite data.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2019, 06:56 PM   #75
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Nah, it looks amazing from a set distance, but anywhere close you see the limitations of using satellite data.
It looks amazing up close too. The prior video talks about how they take the satellite data to generate buildings, vegetation, terrain, etc.. They have thousands of different models per entity that are generated in real time that matches any given section of satellite data, so it looks remarkably accurate down to the road level. They use AI to accomplish this and requires a constant internet connection to download the appropriate assets for the area you're in.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 09:09 PM   #76
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Anyone sign up for the alpha? Where do you sign up anyway?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 04:42 AM   #77
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
It looks amazing up close too. The prior video talks about how they take the satellite data to generate buildings, vegetation, terrain, etc.. They have thousands of different models per entity that are generated in real time that matches any given section of satellite data, so it looks remarkably accurate down to the road level. They use AI to accomplish this and requires a constant internet connection to download the appropriate assets for the area you're in.
Not ground level close though, you often see squarish polygon tree's. I'm not saying it doesn't look amazing it does, just don't expect ground level flying to look incredible either except in curated area's. (airports, or Nature locations i.e. non cities)

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:27 AM   #78
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

This games deserves a 3-monitor setup, 2080ti, and Saitek X52 .

Santa better deliver the goods this year!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:57 AM   #79
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Not ground level close though, you often see squarish polygon tree's. I'm not saying it doesn't look amazing it does, just don't expect ground level flying to look incredible either except in curated area's. (airports, or Nature locations i.e. non cities)
Where did you see this? Do you have any screenshots?

Of course don't expect Need for Speed details at the ground level, but from what I've seen the ground level will be significantly upgraded from ground level in Flight Simulator X. 9:02 in the last video is pretty close to ground level out in nowhere the nearby vegetation and trees look stunning. I expect city driving to look just as stunning ( but again, don't expect street details on the level of an open world driving game like NFS or GTA or WD2, but detailed enough to make it stunning).

As I mentioned before, I used Flight Simulator X(and Flight Simulator 2004 prior) also as a "driving" simulator driving from city to city and the scenery was outright gorgeous along the way, with traffic and realistic looking buildings, trees, signs, lights, etc. There's a whole community dedicated to "driving" in FSX with tons of addon vehicles for that segment. You could say this was the original "The Crew" and "The Crew 2" in terms of having a big open world (the whole planet) where you could drive anywhere.

I expect FS2020 to raise the bar tremendously on this.

Last edited by Exposed : Oct 13, 2019 at 12:09 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:12 PM   #80
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Where did you see this? Do you have any screenshots?

Of course don't expect Need for Speed details at the ground level, but from what I've seen the ground level will be significantly upgraded from ground level in Flight Simulator X. 9:02 in the last video is pretty close to ground level out in nowhere the nearby vegetation and trees look stunning. I expect city driving to look just as stunning ( but again, don't expect street details on the level of an open world driving game like NFS or GTA or WD2, but detailed enough to make it stunning).

As I mentioned before, I used Flight Simulator X(and Flight Simulator 2004 prior) also as a "driving" simulator driving from city to city and the scenery was outright gorgeous along the way, with traffic and realistic looking buildings, trees, signs, lights, etc. There's a whole community dedicated to "driving" in FSX with tons of addon vehicles for that segment. You could say this was the original "The Crew" and "The Crew 2" in terms of having a big open world (the whole planet) where you could drive anywhere.

I expect FS2020 to raise the bar tremendously on this.
Of course it's going to be vastly better than flight simulator x, but my original post was responding to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Simply amazing stuff.

Anyway considering if you want those visuals you'll need to be online or ready to download 100's of GB just for one small map, then this tech is basically going to be pretty limited.

I like my games below Petrabyte downloads

Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:51 PM   #81
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Well I think he was just referring to its potential, which is there.

Remember Project IGI used the flight simulator engine, and that was a shooter.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:02 PM   #82
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Forget other genre, I want DCS with this rendering engine.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 06:36 PM   #83
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This game looks like an incredible technical achievement.

Old Oct 24, 2019, 07:02 PM   #84
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This sim ain’t gonna be cheap. Either subs or upfront cost model will be a deal breaker. What would you pay for base game and then monthly ?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 08:30 PM   #85
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Cooling

very cool weather effects. Hope this is on xbox game pass.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2019, 08:17 PM   #86
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Game looks absolutely stunning!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
This sim ain’t gonna be cheap. Either subs or upfront cost model will be a deal breaker. What would you pay for base game and then monthly ?
I'd be willing to pay $60, and no monthly payment.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 10:07 PM   #87
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
very cool weather effects. Hope this is on xbox game pass.
It is
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 04:46 PM   #88
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Old Nov 14, 2019, 04:54 PM   #89
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

I am not in the habit of buying games on release but this does look very tempting.

Still want to know more specifics though.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 05:44 PM   #90
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I can still remember playing these games back on my Apple ][C+ The 128K really shined. I flew that 747 right into the Sears tower hoping to see Cheryl Tiegs from the Sears wish book ^_-