Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 27, 2019, 08:24 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This game is poopy. Refunded.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 09:16 PM   #92
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Thanks. Saved me a 30 as I was about to plunk it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
This game is poopy. Refunded.
Glad I waited for user reviews. Seems to be the safe way to go for almost every game these days.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 08:06 AM   #93
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished it after 10 hours, and even though I only did 1/3rd of the side quests, I went through some city areas 6+ times. Enemies respawn quite frequently and you don't need to leave a level for that to happen. It's so annoying to see them all back around chokepoints that you cleared 5 minutes ago. I ran through a few groups because the action is tedious. You can upgrade weapons but enemies get stronger so I never really felt all that powerful. There was a bit late in the game where you can kill a bunch of no-armor enemies and that offered 5 minutes of feeling powerful. Unfortunately this was countered by a horrendously difficult final boss.

The main "district" levels are a bit like Dishonored. They are cramped city streets with chokepoints. There are also hidden rooms / ledges with stuff (collectible crap). Some of the main missions featured some decent level structure but rarely did the fights feel good. The game does a lot of holding players into one spot and spawning a bunch of dudes from who knows where. Even if you stealth a bit, you might be forced to fight because there is a huge boss enemy you cannot stealth kill.

There is not much story and what is there isn't good. The first and last hour are the only bit with story cut scenes and it just seems kinda ... pointless? Tone is awful. Jess and Soph don't really develop at all. The middle bit of the story is just working your way to a high enough level to take down three towers (main missions).

I think a lot of issues stem from the fact that it is built for co-op (spongey enemies, lack of story, respawning enemies, small levels, rpg crap, sparse checkpoints). I would flat out say that this is not worth playing solo. My co-op partner hated it after about 2 hrs and I played mostly with a bot. At least the bot will teleport to switches, so I've got that going for me.

Probably the worst in the series. Maybe 5 or 6/10.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 28, 2019, 08:09 AM   #94
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

There are **** all good games going around these days. Really need a sequel of something that was done right previously.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 08:15 AM   #95
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wow. Never pre ordering a Beth product. Finally paid off for FO76 and this game. Should have also not pre ordered Rage 2.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 08:58 AM   #96
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Wow. Never pre ordering a Beth product. Finally paid off for FO76 and this game. Should have also not pre ordered Rage 2.

The only game I'm confident is worth pre-ordering is Cyberpunk 2077. If I find a good enough price on it for pre-order, I will.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:56 AM   #97
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

One of the fastest refunds I've ever done for a highly-anticipated game.

I had no idea coop was forced on you even when playing offline (by way of a crappy AI teammate). That alone killed it for me. I was really hoping to blast through the levels all by myself.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 04:12 PM   #98
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Bullet sponge enemies is a big issue.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 06:43 PM   #99
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I have this with the current NVidia RTX promo. Looking at the last time I got a gfx card, I'll probably play it for ten times the number of minutes I played the last free promo game!

(I played For Honor 0 minutes.)
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:08 PM   #100
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
I have this with the current NVidia RTX promo. Looking at the last time I got a gfx card, I'll probably play it for ten times the number of minutes I played the last free promo game!

(I played For Honor 0 minutes.)
You can send it my way.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:48 AM   #101
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Game looked like ****.

Turns out to be ****.

Glad I passed this one up.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2019, 05:02 AM   #102
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

An SJW game turns out to be a steaming pile of garbage?

Don't say so.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2019, 05:52 AM   #103
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I should buy this game just to test Steams refund process.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 05:53 AM   #104
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Why is it an SJW game? I have not seen any of that crap in the game, in the talking about the game, or in any reviews.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:12 AM   #105
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I should buy this game just to test Steams refund process.
Don't fall asleep at the main menu for 7 hours. That would be Megagay!!!!!!
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:21 AM   #106
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Don't fall asleep at the main menu for 7 hours. That would be Megagay!!!!!!
Demogay?

yoz
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:56 AM   #107
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Demogay?
Eazactery!!!!!
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:06 AM   #108
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Eazactery!!!!!

yoz
Old Jul 29, 2019, 05:34 PM   #109
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Aug 3, 2019, 07:59 AM   #110
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Turns out it's the BEST GAME EVER
Old Aug 3, 2019, 08:28 AM   #111
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post

Turns out it's the BEST GAME EVER
I like it so much I'm going to wait for the RTX patch to play it.

yoz
Old Aug 3, 2019, 08:56 AM   #112
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I just watched a bit of the playthrough on YT, specifically this one and gotta say its worse than I thought. The dialogue is just cringey. Really, ditch the swearing. I don't like it one bit. Other thing that really ticks me off is when a girl call their girl friends 'dude', 'men' and 'guys' Other than that the gameplay is really boring and nothing interesting. The whole thing is just to find BJ, and from the trailer we know they will find him

If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2019, 06:29 PM   #113
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Apparently dude is pretty universal now in terms of gender. Language evolves like that. Also they call each other Kenneth and Arthur after some fictional book characters.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 02:00 AM   #114
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Apparently dude is pretty universal now in terms of gender. Language evolves like that. Also they call each other Kenneth and Arthur after some fictional book characters.
But does it back in the 80's?
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 02:31 AM   #115
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
But does it back in the 80's?
Good question. I thought about that after I commented. I don't think it was prevalent back then, but this is an alternate reality where Nazis occupied America, so they can basically do whatever they want.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 06:47 AM   #116
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Good question. I thought about that after I commented. I don't think it was prevalent back then, but this is an alternate reality where Nazis occupied America, so they can basically do whatever they want.
Of course but that's one way to lose your fanbase. Just look at YT reviews and Steam review page.

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:35 AM   #117
acroig
Master Troll

So is it safe to say this is the second Id IP that Avalanche butchers? Rage 2 was not that bad but it did not stand out either.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Aug 4, 2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:47 AM   #118
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Whoa there, let us not insult Arkane by mixing them up with Avalanche.

They deserve better than that.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:54 AM   #119
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

Will correct, thanks.

yoz
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:38 AM   #120
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

Arkane did level design for Youngblood, but I think the bulk of the work is still MachineGames. Whatever the case, it reeks of publisher-ordered sequelitis.