Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:42 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Redeemed
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

This game is going to be amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
congratulations on the anniversary of your emancipation from the Great Uterine Squeeze.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
There are two types of people in the world: those that are humble and those that will be.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:00 PM   #152
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

As it stands right now, there is no actual game in any form available?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:51 PM   #153
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

No. People have spent 12 MILLION dollars on promises, models, and their own speculation. I've watched discussion go from, "Wouldn't it be cool if..." to "OMG I CAN'T WAIT 'TIL I CAN DO THIS!" despite it being a pipe dream from some random post on the internet.

Still, it WOULD be cool if...
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:57 PM   #154
Redeemed
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmRedeemed achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
No. People have spent 12 MILLION dollars on promises, models, and their own speculation. I've watched discussion go from, "Wouldn't it be cool if..." to "OMG I CAN'T WAIT 'TIL I CAN DO THIS!" despite it being a pipe dream from some random post on the internet.

Still, it WOULD be cool if...
This is a big reason why I haven't pledged yet.

I'm going to, probably tomorrow after work. Likely just the starter package though. As they progress on development if it pans out to be as awesome as it sounds I'll up my support.

They way I see it, and granted it is still very early but- they don't even have a gallery up for the different ships! How many alien races are there? How many ships from each race? How many planets and solar systems will there be? I could go on-but a game of the scale that Chris is talking about is a very huge under taking and it's likely at least 3+ years out. By then, CryEngine 3 won't be so hot.

Then again we don't know how much progress they've really made. I mean, $12 million raised by the community, but how much of his own wealth has Chris thrown at this as well? How large is the team working on this?

It is extremely ambitious, yet if they pull it off at the extremely grand scale they're claiming then I can't help but believe it'll be a massive success... like the next WoW (PC-only MMO).

I'm excited, yes, but sceptical. Part of that is because I do not presently bring in a significant amount of money. So the spare I do have, I must spend wisely.
Quote:
congratulations on the anniversary of your emancipation from the Great Uterine Squeeze.
Quote:
There are two types of people in the world: those that are humble and those that will be.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:24 AM   #155
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

I go the cheap $30 package but I'm going to throw $10 more and upgrade to the alpha/beta access in the coming week or so. I figure it's just $10 more to get that stuff and I'm not one of those insane people spending $3,000 on this barely proof of concept title. SA has a running tally of ~$60k they've spent by themselves.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 01:52 AM   #156
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Kickstarter has the potential to become a very easy mark for people wanting to make large sums of money, and then never come through. Reminds me of this guy asking for 400K, gets 3M, and now is asking for more money. Its such a new method, are there any laws on the books to protect the people investing? Or is everything considered a gift/donation?

Quote:
Somehow, Tim Schafer's Adventure Game Kickstarter Needs More Money
http://kotaku.com/somehow-tim-schafe...ium=Socialflow

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Jul 3, 2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 06:01 AM   #157
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Making games isnt cheap.

Congrats you know now why publishers wont invest in games and new ips that they arent certain will make them money. This is why you also get half done games that are funded by publishers, they say no more money for you and the devs need to quickly slap something together.

This is the real life.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 08:34 AM   #158
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Damn, no SP no buy.

I dont want to fly with space chineses grinding the game
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 08:36 AM   #159
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglaster View Post
Damn, no SP no buy.

Squadron 42 is Single Player, you just wouldn't play Star Citizen. They are 2 games with 2 different downloads.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 09:15 AM   #160
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Squadron 42 is Single Player, you just wouldn't play Star Citizen. They are 2 games with 2 different downloads.
So theres hope yet

Last edited by Douglaster : Jul 3, 2013 at 03:05 PM.
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:36 PM   #161
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Awesome. I will be the best crew member you will ever have. You will not be disappointed. Hey, can I be your second in command?

Yep and I will even leave the airlocks unlocked since I trust you.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 01:09 PM   #162
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Changed thread title to be a little more specific
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 01:31 PM   #163
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglaster View Post
Damn, no SP no buy.

Space Chineses LMAO
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:40 PM   #164
Redeemed
Radeon Arctic Islands

Space chinese... wow!
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 5, 2013, 08:06 AM   #165
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

where is my alpha ... i have the ship now
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL features of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Dwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 09:32 PM   #166
Redeemed
Radeon Arctic Islands

Went ahead and did the Digital Scount for now. Will probably up it later as they continue to progress.

Really like what I'm seeing- new star systems, new ships, new races... awesome to see all of the progress.

That said, I am hoping they keep a fair amount secret. Would love to be able to discover a new race, or a new system, etc. Would add so much to the experience.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Jul 7, 2013, 02:12 AM   #167
El_Diablo
Radeon R520

El_Diablo is still being judged by the masses

I haben't really been following the developement of the game that close, other than read the emails sent out now and then ...

Anyway, does anyone know when the alpha starts and if I need to sign up anywhere to take part in it?

( I guess I should not need it since alpha access was part of my kickstarter pledge, but one never knows ...)
El_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 09:52 AM   #168
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

I'm sure once alpha access opens up, it will explode on the news and this forum.
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 09:53 AM   #169
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Default Chris Roberts Star Citizen/Squadron 42

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...itizen-Economy

This sounds awesome!

And they are soon hitting 14 million in funds!

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood

Last edited by badboy : Jul 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:46 PM   #170
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

I can't wait for the hangar module next month.

RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 02:11 PM   #171
badboy
Merc with a mouth

They almost have $15m funded money now

I wonder what it will be closer to release... $20-30m?

- True Blood
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:49 PM   #172
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
The Star Citizen Hangar Module is coming! The much anticipated and highly backed space trading and combat simulator will have content released this week exclusively for backers of the project. Developer Chris Roberts unveiled the Star Citizen Hangar Module at Gamescon this past week. The downloadable module itself will be made available on August 29.

“First and foremost, the Hangar Module you will load next week is by no means a finished product. It is the earliest build of anything I have ever shared with the public. In fact, it’s at an even earlier stage than I would feel comfortable giving to any publisher I’ve worked with in the past and long before I would be sharing builds with QA in a traditional game development schedule! But Star Citizen is all about trying new approaches in game development.”
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/news/star-...e-coming-week/
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:42 AM   #173
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

probably will still come out before HL3

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2013, 02:38 PM   #174
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Well it has actually been announced and has a tentative release schedule, so that's a given
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 02:17 PM   #175
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

My Origin 315

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 05:42 PM   #176
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

^^ Can you fly the thing?

Quote:
Old Aug 30, 2013, 05:44 PM   #177
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
^^ Can you fly the thing?
I wish, at the moment the hanger is just a glorified paperweight. A buggy one at that .

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2013, 08:05 PM   #178
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

will ships have more complex 'avionics' or just wing commander style system?
Old Aug 31, 2013, 05:58 AM   #179
El_Diablo
Radeon R520

El_Diablo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
My Origin 315
Quite dark hangar ...

Here is my hangar:
El_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2013, 04:15 PM   #180
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

Yeah my hanger has a Constellation, Freelancer, and 325i...and this game is looking really good. I hope they make the gameplay easy to understand as possible so we don't have a monster learning curve to play it.

Getting super excited!!!!
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote