Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:15 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Lol then they're too busy to play games on it too so who cares.

They definitely aren't too busy to get on forums and whine like petulant children though.
no just too busy to play that game and over pay to do it
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:20 AM   #62
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

hopefully both AMD and NVidia will block miners

miners can use Intel's new GPU
https://wccftech.com/intels-prototyp...nced-at-isscc/
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:30 AM   #63
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

They both need to block miners. It's screwing up their gamers market segment.

According to steams hardware survey for example, them mid (e.g 1080) to high (e.g 1080 Ti) GPUs are low in the Nvidia dominated segment most likely due to their original high MSRP prices to begin with so the inflated prices we see now will just have a further negative impact which neither company wants to see.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:38 AM   #64
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Yawn

Several in and out of stock this evening. Anyone here could've had one. For 50-100 over msrp.

Guess it's more fun to complain about having to lift a finger.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:45 AM   #65
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Honestly speaking supply is plentiful. If miners are able to snag them so can normal customers. I was complaining about this crap earlier but after my own experience I couldn't care less. Everybody knows about nowinstock.net that I know and want to buy the cards. Local market is where I see issues but to be honest, I haven't purchased a graphics card locally (except maybe 2-3 times) in past 9+ years.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:48 AM   #66
Riptide

They could turn around and scalp them on eBay to the lazy boneheads willing to get bent for one. Or mine with it for a month or two and easily triple the extra 100$ they're bitching about.

Oh but that also requires effort.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Feb 21, 2018, 01:24 AM   #67
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

who cares about this generation I have a 1080 ti strix and so do most of us it didn't get nuts till after the ti had been out for a long time

we care about the NVidia's & AMD's next generations they are hard enough to get in the first 2 months or so without miners

hopefully NVidia & AMD make gamer only 2080 ti's and or more countries follow china and kill it

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-...yptocurrencies

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ceo-2018-01-26
Old Feb 21, 2018, 01:26 AM   #68
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If China kills crypto, the mining difficulty would decrease significantly and returns would sky rocket.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 02:38 AM   #69
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Segmenting crypto and gaming hardware sounds good to me. Each market will dictate pricing for that use case. Much better than the current situation. The only issue I can see is artificial stagnant gains for gaming GPU's (like intel CPU's the last few gens).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I think we will see the exit of the Titan model under the GeForce GTX brand in to its own Pro-Sumer market.
They already did that.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 09:37 AM   #70
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Not everybody knows about nowinstock, and honestly I should just be able to go to newegg and order a card at a reasonable price whenever I want, not watch a 3rd party site like a hawk all day when I have other priorities. I sit behind a desk all day at work but I can't suddenly stop my work with a client just because an alert pops up.

I don't know why some of you are downplaying the supply and demand issue caused by miners, the issue is real.

I expect Nvidia's next card to be low in supply on introduction as they always are (I used nowinstock to snag two original 1080's on launch), but if miners **** it up for everyone else making these cards damn near hard to find or priced through the roof for the majority of its shelf life, then we have a problem and pretending it doesn't exist by stating "just use nowinstock" isn't going to solve it. I don't think even sites like nowinstock is going to help getting a 2080 if:

1. You're competing with miners looking at the same site
2. The chances of placing a successful order diminishes the more people there are tracking inventory
3. Just because a ****ing alert pops up doesn't mean YOU will get the card, if dozens or hundreds of other people are getting the same alert as well.
4. All of the above problems are amplified if miners want to buy in bulk like many have done here with the 1080Ti's.

That's why I sincerely hope the rumors are true and Nvidia blocks mining completely out of their gaming card lineup.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.

Last edited by Exposed : Feb 21, 2018 at 10:57 AM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:26 AM   #71
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
No, the prices are artificially inflated. That argument may be used for an MSRP of $700 for a flagship card, but absolutely not for prices of $1000-$1500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
this

nv knows if they go too high they will just force more and more people to consoles

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:27 AM   #72
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Yawn

Several in and out of stock this evening. Anyone here could've had one. For 50-100 over msrp.

Guess it's more fun to complain about having to lift a finger.
No, it's more fun not to pay above MSRP.

yoz
Old Feb 21, 2018, 02:38 PM   #73
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I don't know why some of you are downplaying the supply and demand issue caused by miners, the issue is real.
It's an inconvenience. An inconvenience that is a molehill being turned into a mountain by some very whiny vocal people.

There are opportunities to get cards over the weekends and on the evenings. For near MSRP and even if they cost 50-100$ over the amount of bellyaching over this is not justified (IMO) by that issue. If you have time to play games in the evening or on the weekend then you have time to get a card.

People just don't feel they should have to put in any effort even if a solution exists. So instead we hear the complaining constantly like a broken record.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Feb 21, 2018, 03:08 PM   #74
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

The problem you're failing to grasp, is that they shouldn't have to quit playing games and spend their time attempting to find cards. They should just be able to buy cards, at MSRP. Simple as that, really.

Some people have lives that don't cater well to sitting in front of a PC constantly hitting a refresh button all day in the hopes of getting a video card. This is just not a hard concept to understand. So now, instead of getting the chance to play their games in the 1hr window a few nights a week they allow themselves (kids, home tasks, work, spouse, etc), they have to sit at their desk wasting their time hitting refresh and browsing pages to find a card.

If you narrow the search down to an hour or so per day, or every other day, it becomes a very slim window of opportunity to find these cards. The cards ARE difficult to get, there is no question about it. I had to sit there at my desk at work for two days hitting refresh whenever I had the opportunity to get a card. I know what it takes to get one. I did it twice. If you are trying for a specific card, your chances get even worse.

There's a problem, whether you choose to admit it or not.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 04:38 PM   #75
Riptide

It's a minor problem.

Setup the text alerts and walk away from it. It's a piece of cake. So something comes up you don't want? Or the time right that second doesn't work? Then skip it and wait for the next option to go straight to your phone.

It's not that hard to do. People want to be spoon fed and it's ridiculous. Little patience goes a long way.

Sitting there pressing refresh all day is doing it wrong.

EDIT: Nothing I've said applies to AMD which has been a complete fiasco and difficult to obtain even before the stock got short for Nvidia. Not sure you can find any Vega cards for anything less than a giant markup and even then they are hardly ever available.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:46 PM   #76
KAC
That postcount though...

Vega has been a disaster product. Shortage and over priced from day one.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:02 PM   #77
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

miners have favored AMD for years and they were buying vega from day one even frontier editions
hell I sold my little over a year old 5970 for 50 bucks more than I paid for it new
only card I ever sold

it has only in the last few months they have started buying out all nv cards also

you miners want cards I still have water cooled gtx 980's & 680's , 3870's, 4870's, 6870's, 7970's and 290x's
even some 2900's and older

Last edited by bill dennison : Feb 21, 2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:45 PM   #78
KAC
That postcount though...

You should start mining.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:21 AM   #79
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

More speculation, though the one info that is solid is that nothing is launching next month.... looking more like a July launch for new cards:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvi...ons,36720.html
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 06:11 PM   #80
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
TweakTown is speculating that Nvidia’s next-gen card could be priced as high as $1,499

GPP and 1499 they can stick it up their ass
Old Mar 27, 2018, 05:52 AM   #81
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
GPP and 1499 they can stick it up their ass
^ what he said
Old Mar 27, 2018, 09:43 AM   #82
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

I can see them charging 1499 for a Titan variant.

But for the regular 2080? If that happens I'm just going to get an Xbox One Scorpio for "PC Gaming" for the next year or two until the PC GPU landscape un****s itself.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:02 AM   #83
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You should start mining.
Just in time for Bitmain's release of Etherium ASICs.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:59 AM   #84
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I can see them charging 1499 for a Titan variant.

But for the regular 2080? If that happens I'm just going to get an Xbox One Scorpio for "PC Gaming" for the next year or two until the PC GPU landscape un****s itself.
I may try to grab a second 1080 ti strix when the price comes down with the new cards and water cool both

but they have almost given up on sli
Old Mar 27, 2018, 01:03 PM   #85
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Joker is streaming conference and we might get some insight on the 1180:

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 02:26 PM   #86
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So basically the jist of the event is:

1.) Jen is a pretty strong guy....

2.) **** you gamers, hello miners.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 02:37 PM   #87
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Unless I missed it there wasn't any news on new gaming gpus.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 02:50 PM   #88
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Unless I missed it there wasn't any news on new gaming gpus.
Why would there need to be. Jensen has already said they are far behind in production to meet demand. On top of that why give up a very mature manufacturing process were prices are still as good as almost 2 years ago or better.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 02:53 PM   #89
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Why would there need to be. Jensen has already said they are far behind in production to meet demand. On top of that why give up a very mature manufacturing process were prices are still as good as almost 2 years ago or better.
Because they have 4k 120hz her panels coming out soon and need to actually have something to be able to drive them?

If they released a new king of the hill high end card to drive the new panels and that was it most people would be ok with that imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2018, 03:01 PM   #90
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
Because they have 4k 120hz her panels coming out soon and need to actually have something to be able to drive them?
Enable SLI back and sell more 1080Tis?

yoz