Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 4, 2020, 06:01 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Default Judge’s Approval of T-Mobile-Sprint Merger Is Likely, Analysts Say

https://fortune.com/2020/01/03/t-mob...rial-analysts/

Quote:
T-Mobile and Sprint have likely done enough to convince a federal judge to allow their proposed $28 billion merger to go forward, according to several leading Wall Street analysts.

good or bad ?
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2020, 07:02 PM   #2
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

My feeling is that it would be bad. There is an argument to be made that a stronger post-merger T-Mobile would be able to more effectively compete with Verizon and AT&T, but I do not agree. Maybe speeds and features would get better, but definitely not prices. Over the long term, I think that prices would go up in a three-carrier market due to a lack of competition.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2020, 09:13 AM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
My feeling is that it would be bad. There is an argument to be made that a stronger post-merger T-Mobile would be able to more effectively compete with Verizon and AT&T, but I do not agree. Maybe speeds and features would get better, but definitely not prices. Over the long term, I think that prices would go up in a three-carrier market due to a lack of competition.
I agree. I've stayed with T-mo because of their pricing. The service is ok, but not great by any means. I doubt that will get any better though given the different architectures of each carrier.

T-mo is going for volume and Sprint's customer base will give them that.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:00 AM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Less competition is a bad thing.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:28 AM   #5
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

It's good for a few reasons, but none of them are likely going to save anyone money.

Sprint is in bad shape, and they don't appear to be able to fix it alone.

T-mobile really just wants their spectrum for their 5G build out. That's the main reason I'm cool with it. Assuming they live up to their promise of fixed 5g to homes, and don't put some ridiculous cap on it.

I'm really hoping Starlink will allow for real ISP competition, because right now my only choice is Spectrum.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:42 AM   #6
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

After the Merger, Comcast might be buying them...

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:04 AM   #7
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
I hope you're kidding....that would never pass muster as Comcasts mobile service is built on Verizon's backbone....
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:16 AM   #8
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

That's the current rumors I'm hearing as well. Now that's a merger I hope gets blocked, since they're already the largest ISP in the nation.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:26 PM   #9
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
It's good for a few reasons, but none of them are likely going to save anyone money.

Sprint is in bad shape, and they don't appear to be able to fix it alone.

T-mobile really just wants their spectrum for their 5G build out. That's the main reason I'm cool with it. Assuming they live up to their promise of fixed 5g to homes, and don't put some ridiculous cap on it.

I'm really hoping Starlink will allow for real ISP competition, because right now my only choice is Spectrum.
I am actually firmly opposed to Starlink. Its a danger to this planet.

ALL of the space agencies say it would put our planet in danger as it would "cloud" our view of space and prevent the detection of NEO that could collide with earth.

As for the Sprint merger, I'm opposed. It offers no benefits to my area and there has been no promise to invest in rural USA thats held true for any of the big 4.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:30 PM   #10
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I agree. I've stayed with T-mo because of their pricing. The service is ok, but not great by any means. I doubt that will get any better though given the different architectures of each carrier.

T-mo is going for volume and Sprint's customer base will give them that.
T-mobile primarily wants Sprint for their mid-range bands, which T-mobile sorely lacks, and there's really no other way for them to aquire them without buying a competitor like Sprint. We'll likely see strong improvements in T-mobile's service once they can leverage those.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:32 PM   #11
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
That is likely the plan, as Comcast wired interwebz business is going to get destroyed by mature 5g wireless. 5g was basically designed to kill comcast.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2020, 07:02 AM   #12
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
T-mobile primarily wants Sprint for their mid-range bands, which T-mobile sorely lacks, and there's really no other way for them to aquire them without buying a competitor like Sprint. We'll likely see strong improvements in T-mobile's service once they can leverage those.
I have reason to question that, but I'm willing to wait and see. Better service wou;d be quite welcome...
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:42 PM   #13
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

just hoping they get 5g home internet out like they say

would love to be able to dump AT&Fee and Cox cable internet
Old Jan 6, 2020, 01:01 PM   #14
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
just hoping they get 5g home internet out like they say

would love to be able to dump AT&Fee and Cox cable internet
My buddy has AT&T here and is getting 5g almost everywhere. His speeds on mobile are freaking insane.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 04:16 PM   #15
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
My buddy has AT&T here and is getting 5g almost everywhere. His speeds on mobile are freaking insane.

verizon has 5g in phoenix but not AT&T yet

but when I get it I want it combined with mobile and home internet

and maybe TV
Old Jan 6, 2020, 04:20 PM   #16
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
verizon has 5g in phoenix but not AT&T yet

but when I get it I want it combined with mobile and home internet

and maybe TV
Big ISPs are going to be losing a LOT of business over this. He hasn't heard anything reliable about how AT&T will handle data restrictions though. He always goes unlimited everything, and 5g can move a lot of data fast....that could be one hefty monthly bill.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 04:43 PM   #17
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

well
Quote:
T-Mobile and Sprint Win in Court; Companies Moving to Finalize Merger to Create New Supercharged Un-carrier
https://www.t-mobile.com/news/t-mobi...rger-court-win
Old Feb 14, 2020, 12:55 PM   #18
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I wonder if my monthly costs will go up? Oh wait...they already did...
Old Feb 15, 2020, 08:35 PM   #19
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
I wonder if my monthly costs will go up? Oh wait...they already did...
But it's suppose to lower cost?
https://newtmobile.com/

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2020, 06:13 AM   #20
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
But it's suppose to lower cost?
https://newtmobile.com/
It'll be nice if it does. Mine went up about two months ago, about $4 a month. Nothing to scream about really, just annoying when it seems everything else is going up too.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 02:34 PM   #21
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

well the first one to get 5g home internet in phoenix i will switch everything to

as it does not look to be at&t