Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:30 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
lol, i may actually just buy it for the new soundtrack alone
Damn right! Definitely going to buy it. So far it looks like they done this right
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 03:16 AM   #32
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It will have mod support on steam via workshop (for sharing maps etc)

https://steamcommunity.com/games/121...50455911380148
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 04:24 AM   #33
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Not just maps, but you could create a entire new RTS using the same code.

The source code is being released under the open source code license.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 21, 2020, 07:28 AM   #34
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

People going to go bonkers!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 09:16 AM   #35
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Red alert 1 and aftermath were my favourite game as a kid, along with red alert 2. Looking forward to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 09:30 AM   #36
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
Red alert 1 and aftermath were my favourite game as a kid, along with red alert 2. Looking forward to this.
agreed. C&C Generals was pretty good also.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 09:36 AM   #37
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
agreed. C&C Generals was pretty good also.
CnC Generals was the best one of the franchise for me. Loved that game. That's not part of the remaster though, sadly. Wish they would!
Old May 21, 2020, 12:01 PM   #38
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
CnC Generals was the best one of the franchise for me. Loved that game. That's not part of the remaster though, sadly. Wish they would!
This is a remaster of original CnC and Red Alert that was released in 1995-96. Generals was released in 2003. You need to wait for another 10 years or more IMO Generals still runs fine with modern hardware. This two original games aren't thus the remaster
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old May 21, 2020, 06:49 PM   #39
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

This I will buy, likely day one. I can already hear "Act on Instinct" playing in my head...

That is, so long as it's no more than $30...

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2020, 07:08 PM   #40
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
This is a remaster of original CnC and Red Alert that was released in 1995-96. Generals was released in 2003. You need to wait for another 10 years or more IMO Generals still runs fine with modern hardware. This two original games aren't thus the remaster
I already knew all that.

But...I still want a CnC Generals and Zero Hour remaster.
Old May 21, 2020, 11:27 PM   #41
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I liked em all up to and including CnC 3 + expansion. Tib Sun is underrated.

RA3 was a turd.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 12:15 AM   #42
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I liked em all up to and including CnC 3 + expansion. Tib Sun is underrated.

RA3 was a turd.
Agreed. Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath were awesome. Those are the two I've played the most.

I don't have any experience with the original CnC or the Red Alert games beyond watching a friend play it a little when I was a teenager.
Old May 22, 2020, 08:06 AM   #43
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This crap is free on origin pass. Nice.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2020, 11:13 AM   #44
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

First part of the video talks about it. They are releasing the source code when the game comes out! Modding is now unlimited.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old Jun 4, 2020, 01:15 AM   #45
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Downpumping this shizzle ma nizzle.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 01:19 AM   #46
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Downpumping this shizzle ma nizzle.
Only releases tomorrow . the 5th
Old Jun 4, 2020, 01:22 AM   #47
KAC
That postcount though...

Yes, it's called a pre-load.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 04:40 AM   #48
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I Pre-loaded your mom last night.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 04:52 AM   #49
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Is that Omega53 in that video up there?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 06:09 PM   #50
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

A new Steam page promoting EA games, and it says EA Access coming soon to Steam. Origin fazing out?

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/...snr=1_4_4__118
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2020, 06:16 PM   #51
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizbuka View Post
A new Steam page promoting EA games, and it says EA Access coming soon to Steam. Origin fazing out?

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/...snr=1_4_4__118
I imagine Valve and EA struck a deal. Origin probably isn't going anywhere, but Steam + Origin is probably more profitable than Origin alone. I think more and more publishers are realizing it's better to be sold everywhere at slightly worse margins, than to sell relatively little at high margins.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 03:21 AM   #52
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
I imagine Valve and EA struck a deal. Origin probably isn't going anywhere, but Steam + Origin is probably more profitable than Origin alone. I think more and more publishers are realizing it's better to be sold everywhere at slightly worse margins, than to sell relatively little at high margins.
agreed.

Rather have open platform (look at MS Azure) and make a killing then close platform and not too much
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:48 PM   #53
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Amazing love and care was given to this, 20 is a steal for this game.

Also as you can see ultrawide kinda works, the main section of the game isn't ultrawide, but the UI has moved to the black portion of the screen. I like the fake classic CnC installer too.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2020, 03:43 PM   #54
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah, Think I'll stick with Kane's Wrath.

clunky, buggy and not as good looking.
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / SSD 850 evo / 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2020, 02:07 AM   #55
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Amazing love and care was given to this, 20 is a steal for this game.

Also as you can see ultrawide kinda works, the main section of the game isn't ultrawide, but the UI has moved to the black portion of the screen. I like the fake classic CnC installer too.
Yep. Love the old interactive installer

The game transition between old and new graphics seamlessly. New graphics looks good

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 10:58 AM   #56
KAC
That postcount though...

Started this game. It is decent but showing its age.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 11:24 AM   #57
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Love it, but you better install it on an SSD because regular HDDS have a horrid stuttering problem with the game.

Old Jun 6, 2020, 12:48 PM   #58
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What? That doesn't sound right? It's not that heavy is it? Or are we talking ingame micro stuttering because of streaming audio at massive say 192Kbit/s concurrently with sound effects that even a cdrom could handlecwith enough buffering. will check this out myself over iSCSI!

Edit: just hit me that they might be double loading everything to allow the switching to work as seamless as they do (original vs remaster assets). But still...

Last edited by kboye : Jun 6, 2020 at 02:22 PM.
kboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2020, 05:07 PM   #59
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboye View Post
What? That doesn't sound right? It's not that heavy is it? Or are we talking ingame micro stuttering because of streaming audio at massive say 192Kbit/s concurrently with sound effects that even a cdrom could handlecwith enough buffering. will check this out myself over iSCSI!

Edit: just hit me that they might be double loading everything to allow the switching to work as seamless as they do (original vs remaster assets). But still...
Yes, there is a horrid stutter problem if the game is installed on a HDD. If it's on a SSD, then it seems to run smooth. The devs are aware of the problem, but they said they didn't iron it out because they didn't have a lot of people playing with HDD's apparently. Something to do with texture refreshing problem, they explained on the steam forums.

The stutter is more than a micro stutter, it's a full blown stop, then game speeds up, then slows down, then speeds up then stutter stutter, then eventually it will crash. So for now if you are going to play it, play it on an SSD.

Old Jun 6, 2020, 07:01 PM   #60
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Further note; The game save system is really awkward as you have to save a new save every time, you cannot save over another save. End result is you have a shitload of random saves that you have to constantly go in and manually delete to keep it clean.