Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jan 28, 2001, 09:09 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Question

People say that the 900NF is better than the 955DF since the 900NF has an a gril pitch while the 955DF has shadow mask. Plus the 900NF has much "better" resolutions and refresh rates.

So the 900NF is better than the 955DF?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2001, 09:53 AM   #2
eagle
Radeon R420

eagle is still being judged by the masses

I would say so. I think the two reasons to get the 955DF over the 900NF is if you don't like ag/ag lines bother you or the price.

I like the 900NF better because it is AG and has more vibrant colors then the 955DF which is a shadow mask and the colors aren't as good. The text might be a TINY bit better on the 955DF (because that's how shadow masks are...) but it all comes down to the user and what they see.

Then there's refresh rates and max resolution. The 900NF kills it there and the low refresh rates is a big problem for the 955DF IMO.

So yeah. I like the 900NF better though the 955DF still is a great monitor.
eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2001, 04:45 PM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

How noticeable are the grill lines? WIll it slowly drive me mad? ^__^ Seriously though, I've seen some ag lines before and they're not so bad but do you notice it as you use it for prolonged periods of time? I'm considering between the same two monitors.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 28, 2001, 05:16 PM   #4
Ogreboy
Computer: 2000 dollars, Internet: 40 dollars, Getting owned by an Admin after crashing his computer with a stupid link = Priceless

Ogreboy is still being judged by the masses

I got a CRT because I didn't want those AG lines... I dunno, I spend a lot of time on IRC and those lines would probably drive me crazy... Also in Word since it ha a lot of white space... as do a lot of webpages
Old Jan 28, 2001, 06:19 PM   #5
brijen
Radeon R300

brijen is still being judged by the masses

My Viewsonic PF790 has two ag lines and if I look for them I can see them, most notably when the screen is white, darker colours and I can't really notice it. However I never see the lines unless I look for them...you get used to them I guess and you won't go mad In fact you may enjoy seeing the lines, looks kinda neat....
brijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2001, 09:52 PM   #6
eagle
Radeon R420

eagle is still being judged by the masses

They are only noticeably on light backgrounds such as white or light grey. For instance in this reply window they are only visible on the white text part and not the grey background.

edit: I pretty much never notice them. Even on white backgrounds I don't unless someone reminds me of them. You just tend to forget about them for most people though some can't stand them.
eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2001, 10:14 AM   #7
BB88
Radeon R420

BB88 is still being judged by the masses

I was worrying about the AG lines before, but once I was using 2 AG monitor (a Trinitron at work, and a 900NF at home), I really do not notice them anymore in daily use (programming at work, and icq/gaming at home). Yes, the 900NF is sharper and the color is more vibrant. If money is the concern, 955DF is ok; else 900NF is a good deal for its features as well.
ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128MB
Acer AT3705-DTV
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
BB88 is offline   Reply With Quote