Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Aug 9, 2020, 08:26 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Billy! Why preorder if you think its going to come out with the new cards. Cancel that non sense!
it on steam
and we will know in plenty of time to cancel it if i need to

and I know if I plan to get a AMD card it will be on NV
or vice versa

or if i by both cards it will be on both
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2020, 07:38 AM   #182
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
or if i by both cards it will be on both
You getting hit by a DirecTV van or something?

I see you and lettuce are in on this scam.....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2020, 02:11 PM   #183
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Other than the obvious hardware specs, I hope AMD comes out with a great cooler for Big Navi right out of the gate. Hopefully, they heard the complaints from the community with the 5700XT.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 11, 2020, 05:16 PM   #184
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Other than the obvious hardware specs, I hope AMD comes out with a great cooler for Big Navi right out of the gate. Hopefully, they heard the complaints from the community with the 5700XT.
something like a Asus Poseidon
3 fans and a optional water loop

hook up the water and the fans lock to their lowest speed
Old Aug 14, 2020, 01:36 PM   #185
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

No H2o
Old Aug 14, 2020, 04:43 PM   #186
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Adored seems to think ampere is gonna kick some big navi ass. Go to town in it like KAC on my mum(dead for 30 years).
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:46 PM   #187
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
Adored seems to think ampere is gonna kick some big navi ass. Go to town in it like KAC on my mum(dead for 30 years).
i don't think any of them have a clue what AMD has or not

not with a reference card only first release and made most likely by sapphire that has made all the reference cards for years and doesn't leak

everyone of these youtube hit experts is just tossing out everything under the sun about navi the good, bad, great and the ugly so that after the fact they can pull it out and say see we told you so

the first real AMD leaks will be after the nvidia 3000's reviews are out

AMD will set final clocks and order the boxes printed up and that is when it will leak
Old Aug 15, 2020, 02:49 AM   #188
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yeah I think we have to just wait and see. It doesn't seem like there is much solid info about Navi 2X at all.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:25 PM   #189
AllexxisF1
Owie.

So Rogame just tweeted this out. According to the guy he retweeted this is the Xbox version of Big Navi which has 52CU's. He insists Big Navi for pc will have 80CU's.

Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:35 PM   #190
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
...He insists Big Navi for pc will have 80CU's. ...
Link? I suck at twitter.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 01:13 PM   #191
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...s-x-full-specs

Inside Xbox Series X: the full specs

We visit Microsoft for a briefing on the impressive tech of its next flagship console.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/mi...ture-deep-dive

Microsoft Xbox Series X's AMD Architecture Deep Dive at Hot Chips 2020

https://twitter.com/_rogame/status/1240224499158654978
Quote:
1/4

Xbox Series X - Arden APU

- 2 Shader Engines
- Each Shader Engines has 2 Shader Arrays
- Each Shader Array has 7 WGP (14CUs)

Total 56CU with 4 disabled

Explanation is thread below

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Last edited by Shapeshifter : Aug 17, 2020 at 01:29 PM.
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2020, 04:49 PM   #192
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

I dont understand how they could fit that with an 8 core zen 2 ryzen and RT all in one die of 360 mm2?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2020, 05:15 PM   #193
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
I dont understand how they could fit that with an 8 core zen 2 ryzen and RT all in one die of 360 mm2?
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/mi...ture-deep-dive
Old Aug 17, 2020, 07:45 PM   #194
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

I mean if Big Navi 2x is ~500 mm2 without the 76 mm2 room needed for an apu 8 cores ryzen it should be a godless monster. 360 mm2 - 76mm2 leaves well under 300 mm2 so 500mm2 for gpu alone is immense.

Quote:
As far as ray tracing performance goes. Microsoft only gives peak performance of 380G/sec ray-box calculations, and 95G/sec ray-triangle calculations. How does that compare with Nvidia's RTX 20-series hardware, where it claimed the RTX 2080 Ti could do 11 Gigarays/sec? We don't really know, as Nvidia didn't give peak performance and Microsoft didn't give typical performance.

The slide does note that it was only a "minor area cost for 3-10x acceleration." That seems relatively similar to what we've seen from Nvidia's hardware. In games that combine ray tracing with traditional rendering, running with ray tracing enabled on Nvidia's RTX 2060 is often two or three times as fast as the previous generation GTX 1080 Ti.
HFS. Even if its 10% of peak its still 3x Turing.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 17, 2020, 08:48 PM   #195
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
I mean if Big Navi 2x is ~500 mm2 without the 76 mm2 room needed for an apu 8 cores ryzen it should be a godless monster. 360 mm2 - 76mm2 leaves well under 300 mm2 so 500mm2 for gpu alone is immense.

HFS. Even if its 10% of peak its still 3x Turing.
a 8 core ryzen chiplet is small less than a dime

it is the smaller of the two chips
Old Aug 17, 2020, 09:10 PM   #196
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Yes we know but its not that small... saving 76 mm2 even from a cut down 8 core chip is still quite a bit that amd can use for other things in the discrete gpu this fall.

Ive read that the 56 cu part on the xbox takes 176 mm2... so a 500 mm2 gpu is what?

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:28 PM   #197
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

xbox apu is 360.4mm square i think

but who knows
but it will work out i think
Old Aug 18, 2020, 11:12 AM   #198
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15994...cture-600pm-pt

Quote:
09:21PM EDT - CUs have 25% better perf/clock compared to last gen

so even a 5700 xt "refresh" based on RDNA2 that is having the exact same specs, clock speed, memory and the 40 CU count as the RDNA 1, would still be a nice bump performance wise.

Last edited by Shapeshifter : Aug 18, 2020 at 11:18 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 12:17 PM   #199
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Last gen navi1 or last xbox?

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 18, 2020, 12:34 PM   #200
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

I imagine RDNA 1 vs RDNA 2.

otherwise they'd be comparing RDNA 2 vs GCN (polaris) and the jump from GCN to RDNA 1 was like 35+% in DX 12. so the 25% figure for RDNA 2 vs GCN would be way way to low.

Old Aug 18, 2020, 04:52 PM   #201
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Honestly I have no idea why people out there think that AMD can't easily match the 2080 Ti with RDNA2, and not with the largest die either. The console specs are saying they should be close to a 2080 Ti or at least a 2080 Super, let alone anything released on PC. The Radeon 5700 was not some magical high bar that AMD can never exceed.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2020, 05:41 PM   #202
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Honestly I have no idea why people out there think that AMD can't easily match the 2080 Ti with RDNA2, and not with the largest die either. The console specs are saying they should be close to a 2080 Ti or at least a 2080 Super, let alone anything released on PC. The Radeon 5700 was not some magical high bar that AMD can never exceed.
because even though they have done it before AMD can't beat NV

I would a lot if a ton of people buy a 2000 buck RTX 3090 and navi 2x is a little faster for half the price
Old Aug 18, 2020, 06:47 PM   #203
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
because even though they have done it before AMD can't beat NV

I would a lot if a ton of people buy a 2000 buck RTX 3090 and navi 2x is a little faster for half the price
Billy, AMD has not beaten NV in a hell of a long time in top end graphics so forgive the doubters.

yoz
Old Aug 18, 2020, 07:07 PM   #204
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Billy, AMD has not beaten NV in a hell of a long time in top end graphics so forgive the doubters.
it takes what about 3 years to make a new GPU start to finish

since February 2017 they have had Ryzen money pouring in after pouring everything into it for about 3 years before that

i think we can forgive them for not building both rome and new york city in one day
Old Aug 18, 2020, 07:37 PM   #205
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
it takes what about 3 years to make a new GPU start to finish

since February 2017 they have had Ryzen money pouring in after pouring everything into it for about 3 years before that

i think we can forgive them for not building both rome and new york city in one day
Aye, we can, but faith is in short supply these days.

yoz
Old Aug 18, 2020, 08:11 PM   #206
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Aye, we can, but faith is in short supply these days.
seems to me many have no shortage in NV even after they have repeatedly screwed everyone over on price for the same 6 + years

oh yes they will price fairly this time

sorry i have zero faith in NV on price
and if this monster is 400+ watts they have failed this time but will still over charge for it
Old Aug 18, 2020, 08:14 PM   #207
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
seems to me many have no shortage in NV even after they have repeatedly screwed everyone over on price for the same 6 + years

oh yes they will price fairly this time
No, NV is transparent as far as price goes. AMD has to show lots this time, price, performance and RT.

yoz
Old Aug 18, 2020, 08:20 PM   #208
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
No, NV is transparent as far as price goes. AMD has to show lots this time, price, performance and RT.
if AMD comes in 25% to 50% faster than a 2080 ti like they say and good performance per watt for a fair price they win
no matter if the 3090 24gb 1999.00 dollar 400+ watt monster is faster
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:22 AM   #209
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Was this card ever released? Is the new RDNA2 architecture series called 5900XT? That would be beyond stupid.

I have absolutely zero knowledge of AMD product lines in graphics area these days.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:35 AM   #210
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Was this card ever released? Is the new RDNA2 architecture series called 5900XT? That would be beyond stupid.

I have absolutely zero knowledge of AMD product lines in graphics area these days.
6900 xt or 6950 xt i think
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-spec...-6900-xt.c3481