Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:24 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
A $2.99 game. Hrm. Ok, I'm going to trust you on this, but I'd better not be disappointed.

I won't let you down. I'll be expecting you to come back with words of praise. Haha

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:10 PM   #62
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I won't let you down. I'll be expecting you to come back with words of praise. Haha
Ok, I concede. It's a pretty damn good game. Even at $2.99.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:50 PM   #63
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Reckless Racing looks fun as hell! I've been looking for iPad games and that one looks great...$5 but maybe it's worth it. Anyone else played and have more to say about it?

Can we do iPad only games here too, or do I need to start another thread for that?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:12 AM   #64
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Reckless Racing looks fun as hell! I've been looking for iPad games and that one looks great...$5 but maybe it's worth it. Anyone else played and have more to say about it?

Can we do iPad only games here too, or do I need to start another thread for that?
All iDevices welcome here... I have reckless racing, pretty fun with time trials. The only problem with it is there arent too many levels. After you beat the levels they do have theres nothing to do but time trials and that can get boring. One unique thing it does have is a ghost on the screen of your best run so you can compete against yourself. If you dont like time trials that much Id suggest you save your money for another game or wait for it to go on sale.

Quote:
Ok, I concede. It's a pretty damn good game. Even at $2.99.

Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:14 AM   #65
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Found out just now that GT Racing: Motor Academy HD is on sale for $.99!! It's normally $6.99. Just bought and installed it now, and it's fantastic. It's like a clone of GranTurismo, if you guys like that game. You start off with the same D, C, B, A license tests before you can race. The tests are even the same, with braking, turning, overtake, and a full lap. Over 100 cars and the graphics are decent enough. Can customize EVERYTHING.

Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:38 PM   #66
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
iBomber Defense
It's another tower defense game but balanced real well and looks great on the iPhone.
Just finished the Allied campaign, and unlocked the Axis campaign. Okay, this is definitely fun.

Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:12 PM   #67
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Just finished the Allied campaign, and unlocked the Axis campaign. Okay, this is definitely fun.
It does look fun...trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge and drop the $3 for it.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:37 PM   #68
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
It does look fun...trying to decide whether or not to take the plunge and drop the $3 for it.
I think it's worth it. I'm not normally a fan of defense games, but this is a rare exception. There aren't that many weapons types... Five, I think. And each has three upgrade "tiers." Keeps it simple. And as logical mentioned, it's well-balanced.

Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:38 AM   #69
becco
Radeon Evergreen

becco is still being judged by the masses

Fruit Ninja 0.99 $
FarmVille, free
Angry Birds 0.99$
Worldy Wings 0.99$
Cut the Rope 0.99$

My YouTube
becco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 09:18 PM   #70
logical
What is my purpose?

Eden

I decided Id add Eden just because its fresh and some people might look at this thread and find it interesting. Its just a classic minecraft clone.

Old Dec 11, 2010, 02:31 AM   #71
logical
What is my purpose?

Super Stick Golf

The sequel to Stick Golf, this one has all the levels of the old game(now free) plus new ones. It has powerups for the golf balls and it has been given the retina treatment. My favorite golf game on the iPhone.

Cut the Rope: Holiday Edition

Needs no introduction, get it, its free.

And I figured Id add Infinity Blade just cause

Infinity Blade

No introduction needed, probably the nicest looking game on any phone available today.

Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:03 AM   #72
logical
What is my purpose?

Aqueduct

Basically the connect the pipes puzzle game with twists like warp zones buttons and conveyors. Good quick play puzzle game.

Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:57 AM   #73
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Quote:
Infinity Blade
No introduction needed, probably the nicest looking game on any phone available today.
How well does this play on a 2g device?

Old Dec 11, 2010, 04:49 PM   #74
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
I dont think 2g is supported.

Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:19 PM   #75
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
It won't play, the 2g devices use a much weaker graphics processor.

In fact, it is the fact that devs have to still target the old devices for performance that keeps iOS game graphics held back (budget is a factor too though). Though, things are gradually getting better as more devs are willing to leave the three year old devices behind.

Last edited by pahncrd : Dec 11, 2010 at 06:26 PM.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:32 PM   #76
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
It won't play, the 2g devices use a much weaker graphics processor.

In fact, it is the fact that devs have to still target the old devices for performance that keeps iOS game graphics held back (budget is a factor too though). Though, things are gradually getting better as more devs are willing to leave the three year old devices behind.
Three year old devices? Sixteen months ago, the newest iPod Touch available was the 2g.

Old Dec 11, 2010, 07:09 PM   #77
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Three year old devices? Sixteen months ago, the newest iPod Touch available was the 2g.
Yeah, but when did it come out? You don't call the PSP a new device just because it is the newest PSP available. The 2g devices were never powerful enough to begin with IMO (had a 2nd gen iTouch and a iPhone 3g, I loved them, but they were slow), and it has only gotten more apparent since then.

Anyway, I understand the annoyance at being left behind on certain titles, but it also sucks to have a new device that isn't being utilized because of devs having to target old tech. It isn't as if games will stop coming out for the 2g devices, but it would be nice if the larger budget 3d games were targeted at the newer devices to take advantage of the much more powerful CPU/GPU available. Devices that are capable of near 360 quality graphics are left running dreamcast quality graphics for the most part (gah, dead rising is a farking joke ), and it is a damned shame.

Course, as annoying as it is on iOS, it is an even bigger problem on Android.

As much as I feel for gamers with older devices, I want this...

... and not this...

Last edited by pahncrd : Dec 11, 2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 05:13 AM   #78
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Got Spacer Miner for iPad for $2.99 last night and played for hours. Kind of like a Sinistar RPG.

EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:01 PM   #79
logical
What is my purpose?

Angry Birds update out, now it has 15 new levels and you can purchase the mighty eagle for a dollar.

Old Jan 3, 2011, 05:12 AM   #80
logical
What is my purpose?

Snail Mail

This game is actually very old and I just found it by chance. Its basically a trippy game like wipeout where you have to collect these items as you go down a track avoiding things along the way and trying to make it to the end.

Heres a video of gameplay:

Last edited by logical : Jan 3, 2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 09:36 AM   #81
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

cover orange has a kind of angry bird physics puzzler element to it kind of, anyway it's fun.

t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:14 PM   #82
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Broken Sword was free yesterday (maybe still today). Good ol' point and click adventure game.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:13 AM   #83
logical
What is my purpose?

Been awhile since I posted a game... seems like an iPhone game drought for me, but here is a new one...

Pocket HalfPipe

This is a simple half pipe game that has 3 modes, survival, high jump and high score. Its pretty simple and fun... You can customize your character with unlocks and you can listen to a custom ipod playlist while playing. The art style is nice too.

Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:40 AM   #84
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Picked that up yesterday along with perfect cell, both are very good.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:03 AM   #85
logical
What is my purpose?

Guerrilla Bob

Nice looking game with CO-OP throughout... short single player mode though, but good stuff. Perfect for the iPhone.

Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:29 AM   #86
pahncrd

Subscriber

Mission Europa (made by Ryan Mitchell, the guy that did Necromancer Rising)
It's just so farking addicting. It's still in beta, but it should be out soon.

Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:09 PM   #87
logical
What is my purpose?

Dead Space iOS

No Description needed

Old Jan 27, 2011, 05:45 PM   #88
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Age of Zombies, just discovered this little gem, the story mode is a bit short but its fun to shoot as many zombies as possible, the main character is a mesh of every 80s action hero complete with witty one liners

one thing i noticed, this is also on the PSP and on that version the main character has a cigarrete, weird thing to censor on a device whos main users are adults, as opposed to the psp

Last edited by wangFu : Jan 27, 2011 at 06:27 PM.
wangFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:24 PM   #89
logical
What is my purpose?

Do any of you guys watch gameplay videos of iOS games on youtube? Im thinking of doing video reviews of some sort with iOS games... and would maybe like some feedback.

Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:26 PM   #90
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

never watched ios vids but i do watch a lot of gameplay vids with commentary or walktrhougs for pc or console games

Last edited by wangFu : Jan 27, 2011 at 06:28 PM.
wangFu is offline   Reply With Quote