Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default TurboGrafx-16 mini

It was announced by Konami yesterday. Honestly I am intrigued. I never had a TG16 as a kid but had a friend that did and I have nice memories of playing games like Splatterhouse and Blazing Lazers. For its time it was an incredible console that unfortunately didn't sell well in NA.

If this pans out nicely I will definitely be grabbing one.

Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 03:00 PM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Hope it's good, TurboGrafx 16 had some awesome titles.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 03:42 PM   #3
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Looks like it may also have TurboGrafx-CD games as well!

The Japan version (PC Engine mini) already has Castlevania Rondo of Blood announced. Thinking we wont get that game unfortunately, but its good to know it wont necessarily be limited to only the HuCard games.

BTW, Rondo of Blood is the best Castlevania game ever made. If you haven't played it you can get it on PSP/PSVITA for $14.99 from the PlayStation Store as an unlockable game in Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:45 PM   #4
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Will wait to see what the game list looks like. If it has all the best games, I'll prolly pick one up, as I don't own a turbo grafx and don't want to be bothered to start a collection. Otherwise maybe I'll just make one with a raspberry pi.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:28 AM   #5
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Update, all 50 games announced and March 2020 release. Have to admit I am excited for it and will probably purchase day 1 as long as it doesn't have any major technical issues. Some incredible games on there that I've never personally had access to.

Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:46 AM   #6
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Me too. I think it's got everything I would want, except Legendary Axe, and the rest of the Bonk games.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Jul 12, 2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:52 AM   #7
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looking good
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:45 PM   #8
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Me too. I think it's got everything I would want, except Legendary Axe, and the rest of the Bonk games.
Also no Splatterhouse which boggles the mind.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 01:43 PM   #9
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Here's the full list of English-language games coming to TurboGrafx-16 Mini:

Alien Crush
Victory Run
Blazing Lazers
Neutopia
Dungeon Explorer
R-Type
Moto Roader
Power Golf
Ys Book I&II
Ninja Spirit
J.J. & Jeff
Space Harrier
Military Madness
Chew-Man-Fu
Psychosis
Bonk's Revenge
Parasol Stars
Cadash
New Adventure Island
Air Zonk
Neutopia II
Solider Blade
Lords of Thunder
Bomberman '93

The following PC Engine games in their original Japanese are also being included:

Akumajo Dracula X Chi No Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo of Blood)
Aldynes
Appare! Gateball
Bomberman '94
Bomberman Panic Bomber
Cho Aniki
DAIMAKAIMURA (Ghouls ‘N’ Ghosts)
Dungeon Explorer
Fantasy Zone
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire
Gradius (Nemesis)
Gradius II – Gofer No Yabo (Nemesis II)
Jaseiken Necromancer
Nectaris (Military Madness)
Neutopia
Neutopia II
Ninja Ryukenden (Ninja Gaiden)
PC-Genjin (Bonk)
Salamander
Snatcher
Star Parodier (Fantasy Star Soldier)
Super Darius
Super Momotaro Dentetsu II
Super Star Soldier
The Kung Fu (China Warrior)
Ys Book I&II
Old Jul 12, 2019, 02:07 PM   #10
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Sadly not sure what they expect us to do with Snatcher without any localization done. Shame too because that would have been a huge win for this thing. Figures, Konami.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:48 AM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The US pre-order page went up last night. I went ahead and grabbed one.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:07 AM   #12
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

It would have been fascinating to get Street Fighter 2 as well.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jul 16, 2019, 03:21 PM   #13
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

When Meteor said it would come with original Japanese Snatch I think I should pre-order one as well. Better brush up on my kanji. ^_^
Old Jul 16, 2019, 03:29 PM   #14
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

That's SnatchER, not Snatch.

Japanese Snatch is something entirely different, and does not come with the TG16 mini.