Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and technical support forum for legacy ATI technology such as Rage, Rage Fury and Rage MAXX.

Old Dec 17, 2006, 03:59 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
rexluporum

rexluporum is still being judged by the masses

Default why is this not working (MW2 rage edition on rage mobility chip)

I was really hoping to fire up Mechwarrior 2 and have a nice classic gaming romp. I have the win 95 ati rage edition, so my only hope was an old laptop I have which uses the rage mobility chip and windows 98 se.

The game loads up fine... intro, menus, loading screens... and the game itself loads... but except for the HUD everything is black... no models show up. If I try to move the corsshairs it doesn't 'clear' the old crosshairs positions, so instead of moving across the screen it 'draws' countless crosshairs. Turning off textures fixed this problem, but then instead of Black everything was Green.

The HUD responds normally however, so when I fire weapons it responds accordingly. Sound works fine. But 3d models aren't being drawn nor are textures.

I don't get why this isn't working since it is a rage mobility chip (rage mobility M i believe), based off the rage lt pro, and according to this http://www.geocities.com/k_lupinsky/index.htm it should be compatible.

What gives? Any help GREATLY appreciated.
rexluporum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2006, 10:49 AM   #2
Big Z
Rage3D Veteran

Big Z is still being judged by the masses

Goto my site and update your drivers.
Try again.