Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Sep 18, 2009, 09:43 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Debonair
Radeon Evergreen

Debonair is still being judged by the masses

Default Uncharted 2 Metacritic 9.8 so far !

hmffff docked .2 wtf ! (************** Sarcasm ************)

Good so far for GOTY.

Of course I have a media embargo now on Uncharted 2, too many spoilers.

I'm sure reviews from Edge and Eurogamer will bring down its lofty score.

D.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Zetsumei
Rage3D Veteran

Zetsumei is still being judged by the masses

Drake kills dumbledore!
Zetsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Uncharted 2 Video Review at ign.com (9.5/10). Only drawback for me is 10 hour SP

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14225...dr_091809.html

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:31 AM   #4
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Only drawback for me is 10 hour SP
actually that sounds pretty good to me since I finished Uncharted 1 SP in 8 hours.
I think I am going to get more out of the Uncharted 2 multiplayer, I just can't wait.
I just need to finish Batman before Uncharted 2 arrives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 01:01 AM   #5
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Is the game already out... wtf?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 03:13 AM   #6
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Uncharted 2 Video Review at ign.com (9.5/10). Only drawback for me is 10 hour SP

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14225...dr_091809.html
10 hour SP , thats not to bad. I'll circumvent that like i did the first one by playing at the hardest difficulty to begin with

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 04:09 AM   #7
spajdr
Bankrupt

spajdr is still being judged by the masses

Looks pretty polished
spajdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 04:10 AM   #8
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaillum Malord View Post
10 hour SP , thats not to bad. I'll circumvent that like i did the first one by playing at the hardest difficulty to begin with
The co-op multi looks loads of fun too...
Old Sep 19, 2009, 09:33 AM   #9
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

9.5 this game deserves higher :P

No this game will most likely be in the top 10 best games ever (based on score) and i think many reviewers scored uncharcted 1 too low. Uncharted 1 was easily a 90+ game...
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:48 AM   #10
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The graphic the graphic the graphic ... OMG
believe it or not . a ps3 can give very very good graphic..

need to get my ps3 slim next MONTH>.....
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Sep 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:54 AM   #11
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
believe it or not . a ps3 can give very very good graphic..
oh really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Is the game already out... wtf?
I personally think this game was already finished and the release date was suppose to remain as September..
otherwise I don't understand how gaming sites can review the game a month before the release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC

Last edited by nomore : Sep 19, 2009 at 11:57 AM.
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:19 PM   #12
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Only drawback for me is 10 hour SP
Only drawback for me is that I have no PS3s, and I have no jobs to buy any PS3s.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 01:33 PM   #13
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I should have said the only drawback is 10 hours of sp. For me that will equate to probably somewhere around a year.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 08:54 PM   #14
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

uncharted 2 only took 2 years to produce with 40 millions cost for both uncharted 1 and uncharted 2.

games that ill be getting again on the ps3 slim
uncharted 2, demon's soul, killzone 2, and gt5 also nba 2k10.

i will sum it up .by getting the best action game , fps game , sport game , racing game , rpg game in 2009 and only on the ps3 . ( only nba 2k10 not a ps3 exclusive.)

and infamous which is another great exclusive...if i want to become a super hero.

killzone 2 9+ average, Demon's soul 9+ average, uncharted2 another 9+ average , Infamous yet another 9 , gt5 well...

Last edited by wc326 : Sep 19, 2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:52 PM   #15
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I knew it would be awesome, but not this awesome!
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:03 PM   #16
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

metal gear 4 got 10 in graphic in 2008
killzone 2 another 10 in graphic in 20;009
now uncharted another 10 in graphic
and gt5 10 in graphic later this year OMG
very good read on Unchart2 tech http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...article?page=2

ign review youtube

Last edited by wc326 : Sep 20, 2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:28 AM   #17
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

The graphics are incredibly overrated, as far as I'm concerned. But graphical hype aside, this game looks BADASS. I mean, heck, how could you not be intrigued by an element such as the 'cinema mode' so that you can go back and watch your favorite gameplay moments? Just makes me wish I had a PS3 and wasn't stuck with only a 360. Games like this are what make the PS3 worth owning (that and many other reasons, actually). I played some of the first at one of my local game stores and was surprised at how fluid the controls were and just how fun it was to jump right in and play. I think it was actually the demo that I played.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 12:19 PM   #18
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The graphics in Uncharted have always been overrated. That screenshot wc326 posted doesn't look that good. The vegetation is poor and so are the flat textures. The lighting is fantastic and so is the post-processing in general; thats what is impressive.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 06:25 AM   #19
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

10 hours for a platformer adventure is actually pretty damn good.
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 07:45 AM   #20
KAC
That postcount though...

I want this game so much that it isn't even funny anymore...
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:01 AM   #21
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
metal gear 4 got 10 in graphic in 2008
I am probably the only one who thinks that the gfx in mgs4 was not that impressive, unless you talk about the cutscenes, those were impressive.

But if you talk about the graphics during the gameplay, uncharted 1 looks better than mgs4.(imo)
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:46 AM   #22
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

MGS4 had amazing geometry, lots of AA, lots of AF, great draw distance, lighting, etc.

The textures were kinda shoddy though and the physics were bad.

But the geometry was so incredibly realistic and everything was all AAd out. It was just beautiful.

Last edited by Hidavi : Sep 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:29 PM   #23
Debonair
Radeon Evergreen

Debonair is still being judged by the masses

See i'm quite crazy and I don't say one has better graphic over the other, just different graphics, so its hard to compare game x against game y.

So I think Uncharted has better graphics that most PC games, and looked incredible in some indoor scenes, much better than crysis indoors which I found a bit weak. Nothing to do with the Crysis engine just the direction the devs went. Also Uncharted has some of the best animation I have seen.

See likewise I thought when Kameo came out, in the later levels it looked amazing for its time and in a way matched gears of war in its own different way.

D.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:43 PM   #24
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Believable animation and believable acting. That is what sets uncharted above damn near everything. As far as graphics.. it does a more than adequate job to give you a sense of immersion. That is where crysis failed miserably imo, it looked great but it always felt like you were playing a game, you didn't feel "invovled".
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 07:10 AM   #25
Ogrillion
Radeon R420

Ogrillion is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Believable animation and believable acting. That is what sets uncharted above damn near everything. As far as graphics.. it does a more than adequate job to give you a sense of immersion. That is where crysis failed miserably imo, it looked great but it always felt like you were playing a game, you didn't feel "invovled".

That sounds a lot like how I felt about mass effect.. That game had it issues but the story, voice acting and animations really sucked me in.. Hrm guess soon I will have to reevaluate my hatred for sony :-)
Ogrillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:56 PM   #26
plan-9
Radeon Northern Islands

plan-9 is still being judged by the masses

I still gotta play the first one!

Playing Dead Space now. Great game, demo sucked and put me off of it. But grabbed it today for cheap. After this, I think Im gonna do Resistance 2, then Uncharted 1. Maybe ODST in there somewhere.

Played the demo of Uncharted 1 and it was pretty fun.
plan-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2009, 04:18 PM   #27
plan-9
Radeon Northern Islands

plan-9 is still being judged by the masses

OMG. The unthinkable has happened. Eurogamer has given it a 10/10!!!!
plan-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2009, 06:12 PM   #28
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

holy ****!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:44 AM   #29
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

You guy do know that you can get the demo of PSN right

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2009, 04:54 AM   #30
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaillum Malord View Post
You guy do know that you can get the demo of PSN right
What the ****? When did this happen... downloading a demo tonight fo' sure ma *****...