Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 3, 2011, 05:58 AM   #5191
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

WTF !?

Mines dead after 20 seconds you die ?

You can already just SHOOT mines with the tank to make em explode.

W...T...F ?!?!?!

Mines were the only thing that were at least SOMEWHAT effective against tanks that had a repair dude

**** this **** this

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 05:59 AM   #5192
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's funny that mw3 and bf3 suffers from the same problem, ****** maps.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 06:01 AM   #5193
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Yeh no kidding, BF3 could be twice the game with decent maps.. I feel that was MoH's main downfall too, although it had other issues it wasnt that bad a game if it had decent maps.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 3, 2011, 06:04 AM   #5194
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Maps designed for consoles.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 06:52 AM   #5195
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
Maps designed for consoles.
I keep reading this, but i dont agree. My friend ONLY plays BF3 on his playstation, and he says the maps are waaaay too big for console.

I think you should stop saying maps are designed for consoles, since they are horrible to play with 24players. Conquest on kharg island/firestorm sucks he keeps whining, it takes 5min to spot one enemy, since if 2 of each team are in jets, 2+ in helis, it leaves NO ONE left as infantry.

So maps IMO are NOT designed for consoles at all. They are designed for something between consoles and PC (ie 24player and 64player), wich make them really horrible.

Really, the only map i actually enjoy is caspian border @ 64 player. The rush versions of all maps are so gay really (compared to say BC2). No flanking, just tight corridors. And conquest is sometimes equally bad. Why do they even enable conquest 64p on metro and davamand. wtf.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 06:56 AM   #5196
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Maybe they should release a bc2 map pack since the maps from bf2 will only address the lack of good conquest maps.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 07:16 AM   #5197
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Maybe they should release a bc2 map pack since the maps from bf2 will only address the lack of good conquest maps.
And rush.. the BC2 rush maps were way better than BF3.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 07:51 AM   #5198
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I do agree, the maps for rush were better in BC2. AS far as the patch, I will just play it and see how it goes. Really hope they do something about helos on damavand peak though, you just can't kill them it is impossible. I wish they would bring back a guided rocket launcher like BC2 had.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 08:15 AM   #5199
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Is it hard to port over BC2 maps into BF3? I wish they would port over a few of the BC2 maps.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 08:38 AM   #5200
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Thought pattern 1: Battlefield 1942 is ok but has wonky
controls and floaty movement.

Years later:

Thought pattern 2: Battlefield 2 sucks. I wish it was more like
BF 1942 with its wide open maps.

Years later...

Thought pattern 3: Battlefield Bad Company sucks. I wish it was
more like Battlefield 2 with its wider open maps and great
controls.

Years later...

Battlefield 3 sucks. I wish it was more like Bad Company 2 and
devoid of wonky controls.

Now:

I wish BF would be like the greatest fps of all time...Quake 3
and Unreal...with all of its confined maps.

edit: I wish they would remake Codename Eagle.

Last edited by Fuku2 : Dec 3, 2011 at 08:44 AM.
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:02 AM   #5201
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

overall, I really do think it's a good patch

Quote:
Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.

Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.

Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.
Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.

Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:23 AM   #5202
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Played both. Frankly, MW3 maps are very crap.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:32 AM   #5203
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
I keep reading this, but i dont agree. My friend ONLY plays BF3 on his playstation, and he says the maps are waaaay too big for console.

I think you should stop saying maps are designed for consoles, since they are horrible to play with 24players. Conquest on kharg island/firestorm sucks he keeps whining, it takes 5min to spot one enemy, since if 2 of each team are in jets, 2+ in helis, it leaves NO ONE left as infantry.

So maps IMO are NOT designed for consoles at all. They are designed for something between consoles and PC (ie 24player and 64player), wich make them really horrible.

Really, the only map i actually enjoy is caspian border @ 64 player. The rush versions of all maps are so gay really (compared to say BC2). No flanking, just tight corridors. And conquest is sometimes equally bad. Why do they even enable conquest 64p on metro and davamand. wtf.
"Designed for consoles" can be interpreted in a few ways. not seeing an enemy for a while, well, you could argue that thats the experience that Battlefield brings, its not supposed to be COD where you see an enemy every 5 seconds, it is supposed to be a slower paced franchise.

In terms of geometries, then thats where the maps for consoles come into it. Nothing went into those maps that the consoles couldn't handle. If it were a PC exclusive, then the maps might have been bigger and more elaborate in their design. I still don't fully understand why DICE didn't just incorporate the map scaling like in BF2, where the map could expand depending on the player size.

Lets not forget though, that DICE lied on several occasions regarding the status of the maps and other things in BF3. One statement from a dev was "biggest maps we have ever created", then "PC maps will be 30% bigger", then "2KM X 2KM map, how much of it is playable - All of it". You could thinly argue that as the jets can fly out there that satisfies their final statement there, but its very shaky ground.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:36 AM   #5204
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Is battlelog down this morning? Only a few of the pages load for me

Nevermind, got it sorted.

Last edited by wonder squirrel : Dec 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
wonder squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:44 AM   #5205
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Did they **** around with mines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 03:49 PM   #5206
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

They are going backwards with the patches, IMO.

Helicopters have just become useless as any stray fighter can basically splash them with only like 2 second round burst from the guns.

The new server player rule has turned many good servers into constant graveyards.

The should just remove AA from engineers now as they are even more useless than before.

I was looking forward to the Return to Karkand maps but if they keep going in this direction, I don't think I'll keep the game around long enough for that. We need a patch that improves the game, not a stack of noob compromises for console whiners.

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 04:12 PM   #5207
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
Helicopters have just become useless as any stray fighter can basically splash them with only like 2 second round burst from the guns. .
Helicopters useless? Try tanking on maps like Firestorm or Caspian versus solid pilots. You'll be TV'd in ten seconds flat. Xplode, JonZ, and I experienced it firsthand. It's brutal and even the guided shells with someone laser-designating in a third seat doesn't help your chances. Helicopters are just fine. They can tear up ground targets like they should and they're cannon fodder for jets like they should be.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 05:03 PM   #5208
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Helicopters useless? Try tanking on maps like Firestorm or Caspian versus solid pilots. You'll be TV'd in ten seconds flat. Xplode, JonZ, and I experienced it firsthand. It's brutal and even the guided shells with someone laser-designating in a third seat doesn't help your chances. Helicopters are just fine. They can tear up ground targets like they should and they're cannon fodder for jets like they should be.
That's not the problem. The problem is they are tissue paper against fighters now.

If you are getting hit by helicopters than you obviously have no one on jets.

A fighter can splash a helicopter with just a couple machine gun rounds. Before, it required at least two passes to splash a helicopter, but now you can just unload like 1-2 seconds on the first pass and the helicopter is toast.

More jet pilots are learning this every day, which is resulting in helicopters never making it off the ground as the enemy jets just patrol over their spawn. 3-4 cannon rounds = boom.

Old Dec 3, 2011, 06:48 PM   #5209
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
That's not the problem. The problem is they are tissue paper against fighters now.

If you are getting hit by helicopters than you obviously have no one on jets.

A fighter can splash a helicopter with just a couple machine gun rounds. Before, it required at least two passes to splash a helicopter, but now you can just unload like 1-2 seconds on the first pass and the helicopter is toast.

More jet pilots are learning this every day, which is resulting in helicopters never making it off the ground as the enemy jets just patrol over their spawn. 3-4 cannon rounds = boom.
Helicopters should not be a match for a jet as it is... As long as you have some decent jet pilots on your side you shouldn't be worrying about the enemy jets (they keep each other busy most of the time).
Old Dec 3, 2011, 07:20 PM   #5210
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This kinda pisses me off. I'll go out as engineer with the AA launcher and I'm wasting 5 missiles taking down a damn chopper. I will usually lock and let them blow their flare before launching and they still take like 3 ****in hits before they're disabled. Which apparently means "I can still fly and land somewhere and repair". What the hell man. Not saying they should necessarily be 1 shot kill but maybe 2 and the chopper explodes and kills whoever is inside. It's not worth my time speccing for not being able to use my launcher against tanks or infantry, against aircraft that takes 3-4 missiles to take down for a 100 point disable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2011, 07:41 PM   #5211
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
This kinda pisses me off. I'll go out as engineer with the AA launcher and I'm wasting 5 missiles taking down a damn chopper. I will usually lock and let them blow their flare before launching and they still take like 3 ****in hits before they're disabled. Which apparently means "I can still fly and land somewhere and repair". What the hell man. Not saying they should necessarily be 1 shot kill but maybe 2 and the chopper explodes and kills whoever is inside. It's not worth my time speccing for not being able to use my launcher against tanks or infantry, against aircraft that takes 3-4 missiles to take down for a 100 point disable.
Yep, same experience here. That's why I very rarely take Stingers with me over RPGs/SMAWs. They're almost always a waste of time.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:21 PM   #5212
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX70 View Post
Helicopters should not be a match for a jet as it is... As long as you have some decent jet pilots on your side you shouldn't be worrying about the enemy jets (they keep each other busy most of the time).
But they dont have to worry about helicopters as just a few rounds while making a pass takes them out.

Well, I've been cashing in since I have a lot of jet unlocks I needed, so I went on a helicopter killing spree. Even when being chased by another pilot, if you just spray some random machine gun fire at a helicopter, you get a double-kill WOO WOO!

I recommend this to anyone looking to stat-pad right now. Just take a jet seat and if there are any helicopters around, you don't even need to aim or spend any time with them- just spew a few rounds in their general direction and you'll get an instant double-kill.

Old Dec 4, 2011, 04:10 AM   #5213
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lol @ jet and heli pilots

I always get the feeling they are afraid of combat or something, or just plain suck at being infantry, like they're half blind and have slow reaction time

I put them in the same category as snipers.

Suck ? Become sniper/"pilot" !

What other reason could there be that one prefers to be so far away from the battle just taking potshots constantly, and doing the same routine OVER and OVER and OVER .

Randomly spam rockets on some flag, bleeeeeep getting locked, flares , pussy out and fly away , and repeat.

I always feel kind of sorry for the pilots , poor bastards

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
Old Dec 4, 2011, 05:07 AM   #5214
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
lol @ jet and heli pilots

I always get the feeling they are afraid of combat or something, or just plain suck at being infantry, like they're half blind and have slow reaction time

I put them in the same category as snipers.

Suck ? Become sniper/"pilot" !

What other reason could there be that one prefers to be so far away from the battle just taking potshots constantly, and doing the same routine OVER and OVER and OVER .

Randomly spam rockets on some flag, bleeeeeep getting locked, flares , pussy out and fly away , and repeat.

I always feel kind of sorry for the pilots , poor bastards
i dunno about those player, but i am one that love to get in the front line of the battle.

i even dont' like it in a tank or plane. so 99% of the time. i will be rushing with my assult spec
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 05:15 AM   #5215
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

I know what you mean man. Infantry all the way

I can't help but literally feel a little EMBARRASSED when i'm in a tank even. Let alone jet or heli

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:16 AM   #5216
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

I on the otherhand do everything: Tanks, Jeeps, Jets, Helis, AA, on foot...etc. Even play Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon. I do well on most of them as well. It really is satisfying staying a live in a tank for a long time and dishing out some damage. Other rounds you feel like a bullseye target for RPGs lol!

They all have ups and downs and the experience regardless is fun.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:56 AM   #5217
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

There is a strange thing going on, only with some people when they man choppers.
I will lock onto a chopper with stinger launch it and at the last sec it goes to another aircraft and shoots it down usually a jet.
The choppers do not deploy any counter measures either.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:03 AM   #5218
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

moral of the story... don't use stinger missiles. they're a waste of time
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 11:30 AM   #5219
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
moral of the story... don't use stinger missiles. they're a waste of time
When other people were piloting the choppers this would not happen.
I could lock on and hit with no problems when other people were piloting the choppers.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:48 PM   #5220
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

choppers are for noobs.

Way to easy to stay alive in lol

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD