|Jun 25, 2012, 08:47 AM||#1||
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Join Date: Jun 2012
Artifacts after updating BIOS on laptop
I updated the BIOS drivers from F.07 to F.21. The update was successful without any errors. Upon reboot, the problems started.
- Driver installation fails or in case it's successful then Catalyst keeps crashing (http://cl.ly/3Z2e3r0Q1T352G1r463t)
- After installing drivers this starts to happen (http://cl.ly/0j0X1E1k25263o3w3c09 or example: http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifa..._dust20002.jpg)
Things I've tried:
- Removing drivers from device manager (the artifacts from programs disappear but I can't play games)
- Installing the latest drivers from ATI's website
- Installing the beta drivers
- Installing the drivers from the CD that came with the laptop
- Fresh install of windows and all of the above
HP ProBook 6540b
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (original)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4550
BIOS updated from F.07 to F.21 (can't be rolled back)
Is it possible that the drivers are somehow incompatible with the BIOS? Is the card failing? Any other ideas?
|Jun 26, 2012, 01:34 AM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2002
Install the latest drivers specifically for you laptop from HP.
I think you can use the HP supoort utilty to automatically download the correct drivers if you do a "tune up"
On my hp laptop you can only use the HP ones, the ati ones refuse to install.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Updating Sony laptop drivers||RVMAC||AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support||3||Dec 24, 2008 03:15 PM|
|updating bios=better oc?||infin|ty||Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking||2||Mar 15, 2004 03:57 PM|
|Updating BIOS...||Queens Of The S||General Hardware||4||Oct 15, 2003 06:28 AM|
|Updating Bios||eric1111||General Hardware||2||Mar 1, 2003 02:28 PM|
|Updating the BIOS||tobie_69||General Hardware||1||Sep 27, 2002 09:29 AM|