Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Dec 20, 2006, 09:17 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
cbuchach
Radeon R200

cbuchach is still being judged by the masses

Default Theater Mode & Windows Media Center and Catalyst Media Center: Does it work?

I am looking to upgrade to the new TV Wonder 550 with the new included Catalyst Media Center (aka Powercinema). I downloaded the trial version of Powercinema and used it with my TV Wonder Pro. The software worked well but "Theater Mode" did not work properly as the TV video was not properly scaled to fullscreen on my television and only appeared in a box with the rest of the Windows desktop displayed behind it.

I run a digital flat panel and also output to my television and like to be able to use the Theater mode option with CCC. It works for the majority of my media players including BSplayer, ATI MMC, Windows media player, etc.

What I am wondering is if the ATI version of Powercinema4 with a TV Wonder 550 does correctly work with Theater Mode?

Also, for those of you now using Windows Media Center with an ATI video card, does Theater mode also work with Media Center, as I am planning on upgrading to Vista Ultimate when available and would also like this functionality?
Radeon X1900XT 512
ATI TV Wonder Pro
Pioneer 16x DVD, NEC 3500
Windows XP Professional SP2
cbuchach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2006, 05:50 PM   #2
SciDoctor
Radeon Northern Islands

SciDoctor is still being judged by the masses

Theatre mode only works with overlay and not VRM9.

MCE and Vista MCE use VRM9 so will not work.

But VRM9 works within clone mode (without theatremode on) so both displays would show exactly the same image GUI and video.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 08:58 AM   #3
cbuchach
Radeon R200

cbuchach is still being judged by the masses

Anyone have any experience with the new version of the Catalyst Media Center?

And does the TV Wonder 550 work with the old ATI MMC if theater mode does not work?
Radeon X1900XT 512
ATI TV Wonder Pro
Pioneer 16x DVD, NEC 3500
Windows XP Professional SP2
cbuchach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 24, 2006, 10:02 AM   #4
ATImeShifter
Radeon R420

ATImeShifter is still being judged by the masses

See my recent writeup on CMC:

More thoughts on Theater Pro 650 & Catalyst Media Center

Nothing on theater mode as I don't connect my PC to a TV but it might give you an idea about the overall usefulness of CMC.

Also, if you have or are upgrading to MCE, I'm not sure if you'll really need CMC, since it appears to be pretty full-featured as a media front end.

Although, since I'm planning to upgrade to MCE from XP Pro myself, I've got to say that one feature that I'm going to miss is PIP, which it lacks for some reason. CMC has it. Seems like a no-brainer feature to have. Perhaps there are technical issues involved.
ATI AIW X1900 | Ceton InfinityTV TV Tuner
Creative Labs Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro | Creative MegaWorks 650
Pioneed 215D DVD-RW | NEC 2500A DVD-RW
Logitech Internet Keyboard | Kensington Expert Trackball
Windows 7 Home Premium | Windows Media Center
ATImeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote