Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 16, 2019, 08:32 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

wish I could play :*(
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2019, 09:46 PM   #212
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
wish I could play :*(
Tell your daddy to buy you 2 copies.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2019, 09:55 PM   #213
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Tell your daddy to buy you 2 copies.
I did, you told me no.....
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:05 PM   #214
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Played some multiplayer with some friends. Friend just started playing at level 5, I joined his game at level 39. Everything is scaled. In his game the enemies are level 5, in mine they are level 39. He gets his own loot, I get mine (instanced loot). Very cool! Also on the ship you get your own room that you can decorate, there are 4 rooms and each room is for each player in a game (can visit other players rooms)
That's the cooperative mode.

I prefer the coopitition mode aka classic mode.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:41 PM   #215
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I did, you told me no.....
Haha lol
Old Sep 17, 2019, 02:09 AM   #216
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Half-way through level 9 and just got an epic drop. It was a shield of some type. Looking for my first legendary one now

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:05 AM   #217
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
If xCLAVEx comes back and says he hasn't updated his system specs then I will propose a 3 week ban effect immediately!
I haven't updated my system specs. Even my laptop is better than what I had in there . On my main rig I'm running a Ryzen 2600, 16gig RAM, and a 1070ti.

Game runs fine for the most part, it's just random stuttering that is a bit annoying (mostly on laptop but that is likely due to it not being as powerful).

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:34 AM   #218
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Just hit level 16 in Lumino city or something with an L. That was a pretty dense level and frames didnt really dip there. I have v-fog on medium though for obvious reasons.

One thing I hate is the map in the menu system. It never remembers my zoom or orientation so when going in and out of it I have to adjust it every time. Thats pretty annoying cause Im always changing missions and jumping to the map screen to see where they are to find the most efficient and fastest way to complete everything without backtracking.

Overall its just what I thought it would be. Although the crude humor gets annoying after a bit its a fun coop game. Apparently there are no normal people in Borderlands.

Old Sep 19, 2019, 03:36 AM   #219
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Just hit lvl 11 and still no legendary drop

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 09:02 AM   #220
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Just hit lvl 11 and still no legendary drop
Thats why they are legendary. Level 17 and only seen 2 playing coop. Both garbage shotguns.

Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:42 AM   #221
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Patch released today, though it doesn't appear to fix anything significant.

Quote:
September 19,2019

We are aware that the below list does not include issues that the community is immediately concerned with. We are hard at work evaluating performance problems and potential solutions for them. In the meantime, these are some balance updates that we can do quickly–

Bugs

Yellow paint has been added to the Marsh Fields to mark a more obvious path to complete the Sabotage Crew Challenge.

The New-U Station in front of the Halcyon Suborbital Spaceport (used during the “Space-Laser Tag” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.

The New-U Station in front of Titian’s Gate (used during the “Atlas, At Last” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.

The first Guardian a player runs into during the “Beneath the Meridian” mission is no longer over-leveled.

The Eridian chest by the Grotto in the Jakob’s Estate is no longer invisible.

Balance

Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.

Scaled down the amount of loot drops in Mayhem Mode.

Torgue shotgun sticky damage has been reduced.

Reduced E-Tech shotgun elemental damage from “flesh off your bones” to “a lot”.

Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.

Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They’re special again.

Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old Sep 20, 2019, 05:37 AM   #222
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Thats why they are legendary. Level 17 and only seen 2 playing coop. Both garbage shotguns.
You get better loot when playing co-op. Talk about garbage I get Flakka, a garbage legendary shotgun when playing solo in BL2 after battling the final boss.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 03:57 AM   #223
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm surprised more people aren't angry about the DRM. It's not like there aren't plenty of people who play these games SP...

Is Epic overshadowing that or do we think that people will complain more once it's on Steam??
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 04:29 AM   #224
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Denuvo has won, only the loud minority cares about it.

And going by the concurrent BL3 user numbers that the gearbox head posted on twitter, people does not seem to care that much about EGS being crap.

Last edited by Mangler : Sep 21, 2019 at 04:42 AM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 05:03 AM   #225
KAC
That postcount though...

EGS is pretty good tbh. At least it doesn’t have the atrocious crap that Steam has now with new games list not posted up front, tons of curator nonsense and stupid your list suggestions which are always crap. Finding a game on Steam is crap unless you hit the search button which is also in an obscure top right corner. Just compared to that all these new launchers are not bad at all. Heck these days I would take the Xbox beta app vs Steam.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 05:51 AM   #226
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Oops I meant the always online part. Do people not really care about that either anymore?

Seem to be more apathy lately.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 07:25 AM   #227
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Oops I meant the always online part. Do people not really care about that either anymore?

Seem to be more apathy lately.
Well the game is 75GB so the one who bought it usually have unlimited internet so that's rarely an issue.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 07:39 AM   #228
borat
Radeon R700

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
True, but I thought people's issue was that they can't play SP anywhere they want...
Old Sep 21, 2019, 09:05 AM   #229
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

BL3 is 100% playable offline. You only need to be online the very first time you start the game.

Edit: same with most SP games protected with Denuvo. Only need to be online the first time you start it up, afterwards it works offline.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:59 AM   #230
borat
Radeon R700

Oh crap, sorry all. I misinterpreted what people were saying.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:12 PM   #231
KAC
That postcount though...

Game worth picking up or wait for sale / game pass etc?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 04:41 PM   #232
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Game worth picking up or wait for sale / game pass etc?
It is a fun game, but I'd wait awhile to buy it because it's a buggy mess. There are tons of irritating bugs that have yet to be ironed out, performance issues on many systems, loading errors (the only way I can boot the game is I have to start it, wait for the borderlands 3 splash screen, end the system task and RE-launch it otherwise the game will just sit there forever at the splash screen without loading) tons of in game lag when trying to navigate their horrible UI system. There's even a major bug where your guns can randomly disappear if you put them in your storage bank...yeah that's a bad one.

I'd wait a few months before picking it up now that the bugs are known.

Old Sep 21, 2019, 06:05 PM   #233
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

What bugs? I've yet to encounter any issues with basic gameplay other than the dx12 issue? Not saying there are not any, but I must be missing them?

Quote:
Old Sep 21, 2019, 07:36 PM   #234
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
What bugs? I've yet to encounter any issues with basic gameplay other than the dx12 issue? Not saying there are not any, but I must be missing them?
There's an entire thread on reddit dedicated to them, and sub threads appearing randomly on the borderlands 3 reddit. Reddit threads don't exactly have "pages", but let's just say it's a very long list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands..._optimization/

I myself have encountered quite a few. If it wasn't borderlands, I'd probably shelve it for a few months and wait for patches.

Old Sep 21, 2019, 08:16 PM   #235
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

A quick look over and they don't seem to apply for me. I've not had any crashes when in dx11. I don't remember the map jumping, nor do I have performance issues in the inventory screen *shrugs*.

Quote:
Old Sep 21, 2019, 08:38 PM   #236
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
A quick look over and they don't seem to apply for me. I've not had any crashes when in dx11. I don't remember the map jumping, nor do I have performance issues in the inventory screen *shrugs*.
On my main rig I'm having no performance issues but I have encountered a few crashes and in game bugs. One of the worst is I lost two guns inexplicably (of course they were legendaries). One moment they were in my inventory and when I went to select one after rummaging around in a shop, they were both gone. I thought I accidentally sold them in a shop and I checked, but they weren't there. Reading in the bug report, this happens in certain cases (particularly in the bank). Yeah I was pissed, but it wasn't game breaking.

What WAS game breaking, and I've had it happen a few times, is when you have to clear an area of monsters for a mission to progress and a monster spawns behind a locked door. Yeah, that is REALLY annoying. Only solution is to exit to menu and reload the quest and hope it doesn't happen again. I've also encountered some problems with my pet dog thing, in that sometimes it just sits there and won't attack or respond to commands. Also had a loading issue as I mentioned before where I have to load the game, end the task, then re-load the game to get it to run if I am starting from a system restart or clean boot. There are more that I've found and tons more that I haven't encountered but others have in that thread, but you get the idea.

Old Sep 21, 2019, 09:27 PM   #237
KAC
That postcount though...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I think I will wait.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:50 PM   #238
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
On my main rig I'm having no performance issues but I have encountered a few crashes and in game bugs. One of the worst is I lost two guns inexplicably (of course they were legendaries). One moment they were in my inventory and when I went to select one after rummaging around in a shop, they were both gone. I thought I accidentally sold them in a shop and I checked, but they weren't there. Reading in the bug report, this happens in certain cases (particularly in the bank). Yeah I was pissed, but it wasn't game breaking.

What WAS game breaking, and I've had it happen a few times, is when you have to clear an area of monsters for a mission to progress and a monster spawns behind a locked door. Yeah, that is REALLY annoying. Only solution is to exit to menu and reload the quest and hope it doesn't happen again. I've also encountered some problems with my pet dog thing, in that sometimes it just sits there and won't attack or respond to commands. Also had a loading issue as I mentioned before where I have to load the game, end the task, then re-load the game to get it to run if I am starting from a system restart or clean boot. There are more that I've found and tons more that I haven't encountered but others have in that thread, but you get the idea.
Have not had any inappropriate spawning YET . All my crashes have been while trying to play in dx12 mode. That did produce a crash that required a reboot.

Quote:
Old Sep 22, 2019, 04:20 AM   #239
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Sigh, just encountered another show stopper. In the mission where you first encounter Brick, you have to fight your way through to rescue hammerlock. Well brick somehow got stuck on a flaming barrel and died over and over and over again. There was no way to get him unstuck...had to restart the damn mission over.

Old Sep 22, 2019, 10:43 AM   #240
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Borderlands games don't look intresting to me. Played the first one, got bored. Will wait till this reach $10 , with the dlc and bugs sorted...
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote