Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Feb 18, 2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
mrHappy
Radeon R520

mrHappy is still being judged by the masses

Default Painkiller coming to iOS

Quote:
...Essentially a port of the 2004 PC release, Painkiller will pack 24 levels full of monsters, spread over various locations ranging from mediaeval [sic] castles to lunatic asylums.
source : pocketgamer.co.uk

I am definately going to get it, may not look as good as infinity blade but it can only be better gameplay wise.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 03:24 PM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Cool that they can get the game to run on iOS. But I dont think the game can be done justice by the phone. The game is too fast and needs twitch gameplay to play it correctly... the iPhone(or any phone for that matter) cannot do it justice.

I was never a big fan on Painkiller even in its PC form.

Edit: Textures look like shiiiiit:

Last edited by logical : Feb 18, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 04:05 PM   #3
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Literally looks like a PS1 game to the point where I am actually impressed.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:29 AM   #4
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

WTF? who the **** made the game for the iphone?
Its capable of 10 times better graphics!

Those guys should never make a game for the iphone again. That just sucks

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 08:28 PM   #5
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

I think that even the iPhone 2g could do substantially better than that.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 05:53 AM   #6
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

, I gotta agree with the above. I have to wonder why, given that we know the hardware is capable of more. I'd personally, venture a guess that maybe this was the result of time/budget constraints ?????

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 09:47 AM   #7
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 01:34 PM   #8
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
, I gotta agree with the above. I have to wonder why, given that we know the hardware is capable of more. I'd personally, venture a guess that maybe this was the result of time/budget constraints ?????
The only good reason I can think of for them to keep the textures that low res is to save on the download size. Sure is ugly... Hopefully these are early EARLY screens haha.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 01:40 PM   #9
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
The only good reason I can think of for them to keep the textures that low res is to save on the download size. Sure is ugly... Hopefully these are early EARLY screens haha.
Seriously, it is just bad...
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2011, 03:51 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Kind of looks like it's the 3Gs version or something...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2011, 02:56 AM   #11
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Kind of looks like it's the 3Gs version or something...
more like 2g

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote