Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Nov 18, 2004, 07:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FourDoor

FourDoor is still being judged by the masses

Default ATI HDTV Wonder Recordings and Eazyshare for HDTV Home Network Distribution

Anyone here currently using "Eazyshare" that comes with ATI's Multimedia Center to stream or display HDTV video from their HTPC that has the ATI HDTV Wonder installed on a seperate networked pc that has a "built by ATI Radeon" graphics card?

It would be great if I can share my recorded HDTV shows from my HTPC to a secondary PC that is hooked up to another HDTV. It would be even better if I can control the HDTV Wonder with another PC.

I know I can export my recordings out of the .vcr format but an all in one solution that ATI was advertising would be nice if it worked:

Quote:
EAZYSHARE™
The latest version of the ATI MULTIMEDIA CENTER™ now includes a new feature known as EAZYSHARE™. This feature allows users to share TV, whether it is live or recorded. EAZYSHARE™ can be used when a PC that contains an ATI ALL-IN-WONDER™ card is connected to any other PC on a home network, which contains a "Built By ATI" RADEON™ graphics card installed. The ATI ALL-IN-WONDER™ card turns the users PC into a fully functional personal video recorder and EAZYSHARE™ extends that benefit to other PCs. A user can sit at any home networked PC (assuming it has a "Built By ATI" RADEON™ card) and watch TV with access to all the functions of a Personal Video Recorder. They can pause live TV, skip ad breaks, and get instant replays.

Minimum System Requirements for Installing EAZYSHARE™
This section provides information on the minimum system requirements needed to use ATI's EAZYSHARE™. These include the following:

- The client system must be running either Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, or ME
- The recommended client CPU is PIII with 500MHz for watching EAZYSHARE™ and PIII 800MHz for exporting MPEG2 files
- The server must be running either Microsoft Windows XP, or 2000
- The minimum server CPU is PIII 933MHz, the recommended server CPU is P4 1.6 GHz
- The network bandwidth minimum is 10Mbs.
- The network type should be either Ethernet, home phone line, or wireless 802.11b/g
Quote:
EAZYSHARE™
Multimedia Center 8.8 introduces EAZYSHARE™, the best way to share live TV and captured video and audio content with other computers on your home network. If you have one computer with an ALL-IN-WONDER® video card, you can enjoy all the exciting EAZYSHARE™ features with any computer on your home network that has an installed ‘Built By ATI’ RADEON® or an ALL-IN-WONDER® video card.
Use EAZYSHARE™ to watch Live TV or enjoy local control (play, pause, rewind or fast forward) over any captured content on any computer on your home network with an installed ‘Built By ATI’ RADEON® graphics card. Take control over your shared home entertainment experience with ATI’s REMOTE WONDER RF remote control and the simple, consistent Multimedia Center player interface.

Enhance your home entertainment experience and the value of your Home Network

As home networks become increasingly popular, many people choose to move their older computers to their kid’s rooms or use them as secondary computers around the house. Our research also indicates that many customers who have an ALL-IN-WONDER video card also have a home network with multiple client computers that have an installed ATI RADEON series graphics card.

To meet the home entertainment needs of these customers, ATI has developed EAZYSHARE™, a new feature that turns your ALL-IN-WONDER system into a server, providing a remote user the opportunity to watch TV over the LAN, schedule a request to record a program, and playback recorded content at their convenience.
FourDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 07:26 PM   #2
FourDoor

FourDoor is still being judged by the masses

Bump back up for a new week... Anyone here ever experimented with Eazyshare and HDTV Wonder?
FourDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:36 PM   #3
rfutscher

rfutscher is still being judged by the masses

I tried to install Eazyshare and it would not install. Not even for the analog tunner. I looked in the HDTV Wonder manual and it was not listed as a feature.
rfutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad