Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:06 AM   #631
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
chais82

chais82 is still being judged by the masses

New Drivers at ati.com ! MMC 9.06! seems to work alot better. also new decoder.
chais82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:20 AM   #632
chais82

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekFunk
I put together a step by step procedure for installing the ATI HDTV Wonder in a WMCE box.

Judging from the folks who followed, it does the job.

I'm going to start a new thread here and post the procedure.

When the HDTV Wonder works, it works great.

Install Procedure for Windows XP Media Center 2005
I followed ur steps and nothing! I can not find a way to view hdtv or regular cable with my card. The drivers installed and everything but mce 2005 does not have an option to turn on hdtv or cable tv. Why wont mce 2005 work with my ati hdtv tuner card?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 03:52 PM   #633
chais82

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakafell
You need to have an analog tuner card setup first before MCE will let you enable HDTV. If you want to use your HDTV Wonder as the analog tuner then you need the hacked kram drivers. But rememeber if you do this MCE will think you have 2 tuners when you actually don't. So you will only be able to watch/record one channel at a time.
I googled Kram's hacked ATI-drivers and I cant find it anywhere. Could you help me by telling me where to find it?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 15, 2005, 04:46 PM   #634
GeekFunk

GeekFunk is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by chais82
I googled Kram's hacked ATI-drivers and I cant find it anywhere. Could you help me by telling me where to find it?
Follow this thread over at XPMCE.com:

Link to Kram's Drivers

I haven't used them personally, but most folks seem to get good results.

Is it that you didn't have an analog TV tuner that prevented your WMCE from setting up the standard and HD channels?
GeekFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 12:49 PM   #635
guppyman

Where did the TV Tuner drivers go on ATI's website? They seem to have gone to a new customer support interface and when you follow the links for Win XP drivers software - TV Tuners - the webpage comes back with the message nothing found?! I was hoping to install the HDTV Wonder this weekend and was hoping to use the latest drivers.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 01:24 PM   #636
Citation4444
Radeon R100

Citation4444 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
They are still there. Their new website has problems if you don't enable cookies.
I've got cookies enabled and I don't see any drivers for HDTV Wonder. I see only drivers for eWonder for XP MCE2005 but none for HDTV Wonder.
Citation4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 09:32 AM   #637
Citation4444
Radeon R100

Citation4444 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Click on the 'drivers and software' button at the top. In the main window click 'windows xp drivers and software' then 'tv tuners'. The hdtv wonder is the first on the list.
I just did this for the umpteenth time and there are no tv tuners listed at all. I see this message "No Topics or Subcategories found!"
Also, under drivers for MCE 2005 the only tuner I find is the e-Wonder POS.

Maybe it has something to do with me using Mozilla Firefox or something?
Citation4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 07:55 PM   #638
guppyman

I posted the following ove at the AVS reception forum - cedar rapids thread. Thought I'd see if anybody could help me here.

I finally got my HDTV Wonder setup. Used the included silver sensor clone antenna. Setup the antenna on less than 100' of RG6 cable to my garage where I set it up in a window with a relatively unobstructed view towards the Walker site. I autoscanned for channels and KGAN, KWWL, KFXA, KCRG, PBS and PAX all showed up at a signal strength in the upper 80s to lower 90s. Viewed all the channels - HD picture on PBS was absolutely stunning - they were showing Tim Janis: Beautiful America. My wife was impressed.

However, KGAN (CBS) and KWWL (NBC) don't display and there is no sound even though the signal strength indicates that it should come in just fine. Any help? I live in north Marion about a mile west of the Linn Mar campus. Is this a typical reception problem? Do I need a different antenna and/or different location? Or should wander over to the HDTV Wonder thread for help?

My system:
Shuttle AN53 nForce2
Athlon XP Barton 2500 (no oc)
ATI AIW 9600 Pro
512 MB Ram
3 Maxtor 120GB IDE drives
60GB system IDE drive
HDTV Wonder w/silver sensor ant
55" Mits RP HDTV for display
Win XP SP2
ATI MMC 9.06
JRiver Media Center 11
ATI drivers, decoder
Old Mar 22, 2005, 09:49 PM   #639
scumbag

scumbag is still being judged by the masses

Default Anyone playing capture with Roku or Linkplayer2

Is anyone playing back their HDTV captures with a networked digital media player, like a Roku HD1000 or AveL Linkplayer2? The Linkplayer2 will play HD MPEG-2 files burned onto a regular DVD, and both will play HD MPEG-2 files off your PC, and display on a HDTV via HD component out. Both are around $300. I'm thinking about getting one or the other to display on my TV, rather than using my PC.
scumbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:26 PM   #640
snede420

snede420 is still being judged by the masses

they can run together in like a picture in picture format. supposedly, i have not seen this but it says it on ati's sight.
400 watt psu
x-raider CPU cooler
160 gig Western Digital 7200 rpm hard drive
Alien case by ?
HDTV wonder by ATI
snede420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 05:42 AM   #641
scumbag

scumbag is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumbag
Is anyone playing back their HDTV captures with a networked digital media player, like a Roku HD1000 or AveL Linkplayer2?
I got my Linkplayer 2 today. I'm very happy with it so far. First thing I tried was HD captures on a USB drive plugged into the Linkplayer. It worked fine, except it will only read FAT16 and FAT32 file systems, and since I only had a Win XP system available to format the drive, it limited me to a 32GB file system. I watched a whole episode of Lost (720p on ABC) and I only noticed one instance of dropped frames. It was consistent, always in the same spot, but didn't appear when I played the capture back on my computer with the ATI player, so it's just something the decoder on the Linkplayer didn't like.

Playing back streams from my PC acting as a server weren't as trouble free. I usually got some audio stuttering at the beginning of a clip, but by just pausing for a few seconds, the stutter went away. The firmware in mine was two revs behind so I updated at that point, and things seemed to be more reliable. The stutter was sometimes present when starting a clip, but always went away for good after pausing for a few seconds. I also had some SD MPEG-2 captures off my Dish Network PVR on my PC, and these played back flawlessly every time.

The specs for the Linkplayer claim that the highest bit-rate stream it can play back is 12Mbps from the network and 10Mbps from USB, but my streams on the USB hard drive were around 13Mbps and playback was flawless. I don't see how they can claim these these low ceilings on bitrate but still support playback of HD MPEG-2 (up to 19Mbps). I haven't seen complaints on AVS Forum about the Linkplayer not being able to play back HD captures from other HD cards, so I guess those specs are overly conservative.

I haven't tried playing back an HD capture on a DVD yet. One thing though - the DVD drive in this thing is really noisy. So noisy that later revs of the firmware try to slow it down to make it quieter. I'll probably end up replacing the mechanism since I've heard the stock drive isn't fast enough to deliver an HD stream reliably. Another minor annoyance is that the FF and FR only go to 4x. I like the fact that selecting the output format (composite & S-Video, 480i component, 480p component, 720p component, and 1080i component) is via a button on a remote, as is aspect-ratio control (various zoom modes).

For me, this box is a great complement to the HDTV Wonder. I want to manage and serve up content from my PC, but I don't want to use the PC as my media player. I think this thing is a steal at $250, even if I have to spend $25 to replace the drive mechanism (price at NewEgg for a 16x Lite-On DVD-ROM drive). It also plays back MPEG-4 and WMV9 (I downloaded some of the WMV HD clips and it played them fine over the network, but without sound, dunno why) I may experiment with MPEG-4 to see if I can shrink my collection of HD TV shows.
scumbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 08:51 AM   #642
Andrew 1961
Radeon R420

Andrew 1961 is still being judged by the masses

I was watching DTV last night when my PC popped up a blue screen with TEXT and auto-rebooted. I'd seen this before and was concerned but not alarmed. When it came back it'd had a frontal lobodomy! When I opened DTV it had the channels but said: No Signal. On TV it knew my channels but had only blue-screen video and no audio in the window. I thought to reboot -- still nothing. I reinstalled WDM and the HDTV drivers and the syetem started identifying Video Controllers but could NOT find the drivers for them. I did an ATi-Uninstall and reinstalled from the CD... I can't get it to do anything and DTV hasn't shown up in the MMC's menu ever since. Basically MMC is dead in the water. I'll look into a restore point later today, but fear I may be looking at a complete reload, even WinXP. I know also to attempt reloading withOUT the HDTV-Wonder in the PCI slot, so the OS can find it... I just thought I'd post this as it's a COMPLETE LOSS of application (MMC) and hardwre identification. WatchHDTV can't run either -- crossbar something, can't load filters, etc.
ATi AIW 9600 XT; KD7-RAID; HDTV-Wonder; 2x 512MB Kingston ValuRam; AMD 2500+ (OC'd to 3100+) w/retail HSF; Antec TruPower 430; 5 case fans (2x 80mm exhaust driven by PS & 1 slot fan, 80mm & 120mm intake); WD 80GB; 2x WD 250GB RAID-0; 2x WD 160GB RAID-0; 2x WD 250GB; LiteON DVD-ROM on USB2; LiteON DVD D/L R/W; ATi Remote Wonder II, Electro-Home TiRA2
WinXP-SP2; Catalyst 5.4 w/CCC & ATICVPatch; MMC 9.06.1; RW 3.01; Girder 3.3
Andrew 1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:05 AM   #643
grog
No longer on Rage3d

grog is still being judged by the masses

Did you turn off system power?

If not, turn off the system and let it set a while and try again.

Best I can think of with the information provided.

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew 1961
I was watching DTV last night when my PC popped up a blue screen with TEXT and auto-rebooted. I'd seen this before and was concerned but not alarmed. When it came back it'd had a frontal lobodomy! When I opened DTV it had the channels but said: No Signal. On TV it knew my channels but had only blue-screen video and no audio in the window. I thought to reboot -- still nothing. I reinstalled WDM and the HDTV drivers and the syetem started identifying Video Controllers but could NOT find the drivers for them. I did an ATi-Uninstall and reinstalled from the CD... I can't get it to do anything and DTV hasn't shown up in the MMC's menu ever since. Basically MMC is dead in the water. I'll look into a restore point later today, but fear I may be looking at a complete reload, even WinXP. I know also to attempt reloading withOUT the HDTV-Wonder in the PCI slot, so the OS can find it... I just thought I'd post this as it's a COMPLETE LOSS of application (MMC) and hardwre identification. WatchHDTV can't run either -- crossbar something, can't load filters, etc.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:30 AM   #644
Andrew 1961
Radeon R420

No, I only SOFT-booted. I'll try that and see...
ATi AIW 9600 XT; KD7-RAID; HDTV-Wonder; 2x 512MB Kingston ValuRam; AMD 2500+ (OC'd to 3100+) w/retail HSF; Antec TruPower 430; 5 case fans (2x 80mm exhaust driven by PS & 1 slot fan, 80mm & 120mm intake); WD 80GB; 2x WD 250GB RAID-0; 2x WD 160GB RAID-0; 2x WD 250GB; LiteON DVD-ROM on USB2; LiteON DVD D/L R/W; ATi Remote Wonder II, Electro-Home TiRA2
Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:43 AM   #645
gamerscloset
Radeon R100

gamerscloset is still being judged by the masses

Default Requirements to play HD MPEG-2

I need Quality! But, I'm cheap..

I have a 1.33ghz AMD with 512mb Ram running MCE. I'm not capturing on this system, just playing. I'm hoping for high quality with 5.1 surround sound.

What would you recommend for a Video Card, directx 9 capable? I have a GeForce FX 5200 right now.

What codecs should I install so that Windows Media Player can play it? I believe that's what MCE uses.

Is this system even capable of playing these? If I have to, I'll upgrade, but I'd prefer not too since it's not my main system.

Thanks All!!
gamerscloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 02:32 PM   #646
Andrew 1961
Radeon R420

Newest release of HDTV Wonder Drivers is out!

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27

Seems odd they released these the day AFTER Catalyst 5.4 and MMC 9.06.1
Old Apr 8, 2005, 03:31 PM   #647
gamerscloset
Radeon R100

gamerscloset is still being judged by the masses

Well, one of the 2 has finally fixed the SATA DMA problem with nVidia.. I had to reinstall, HD crashed, and now with the latest versions I don't get that stupid popup anymore.. finally..
gamerscloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 10:38 AM   #648
Agustus
Rage3D Veteran

Agustus is still being judged by the masses

Hello all,…

I fully intend to buy a HDTV Wonder in the next few weeks and was wondering if I would get good reception in NYC if I connected it to my building’s (very tall co-op apartment building) rather large house antenna? I haven’t used it since getting cable but if memory serves it yielded really good reception. I would imagine that it would be better then what is included with the HDTV Wonder but I guess I could try both by splitting the connection so it connects to the house antenna and the included antenna at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,…

Agustus/Octaveous
Agustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:22 AM   #649
rfutscher

rfutscher is still being judged by the masses

Most large buildings proscess the signals before puting them on a master antenna system. A sure sign of proscessing is if all the channels are used with out any empty chanels between the active channels, Chanels 4 and 5 don't count.

If the signals are proscessed you will only get the ones that are proscessed. Most likly no didital channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustus
Hello all,…

I fully intend to buy a HDTV Wonder in the next few weeks and was wondering if I would get good reception in NYC if I connected it to my building’s (very tall co-op apartment building) rather large house antenna? I haven’t used it since getting cable but if memory serves it yielded really good reception. I would imagine that it would be better then what is included with the HDTV Wonder but I guess I could try both by splitting the connection so it connects to the house antenna and the included antenna at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,…

Agustus/Octaveous
rfutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 02:38 PM   #650
Agustus
Rage3D Veteran

Thanks for the info I’ll take it under advisement and test the house antenna. I think it is unprocessed but no harm in taking a look.

I think I might look for a circuit breaker or fuse to put between the house antenna and HDTV Wonder so my PC doesn’t go up in smoke due to a lightning strike,..
Old Apr 11, 2005, 03:22 PM   #651
dwellen
Radeon R100

dwellen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustus
Thanks for the info I’ll take it under advisement and test the house antenna. I think it is unprocessed but no harm in taking a look.

I think I might look for a circuit breaker or fuse to put between the house antenna and HDTV Wonder so my PC doesn’t go up in smoke due to a lightning strike,..

A fuse or circuit breaker won't do anything to prevent lightning damage, you would need a surge suppressor to protect your pc.

System Specs
AMD 64 3200+
Asus A8N-Sli Premium
2 Gbyte Ram
Saphire PCIe x300
HDTV Wonder
dwellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 06:00 PM   #652
Agustus
Rage3D Veteran

What I’ll likely do is buy another UPS but this time with a coax connection. I have an APC UPS now but neither have RJ11, RJ45 or coax support. I can try running the HDTVW’s connection through a new UPS and then change the gender to connect to the wall which connects to the house antenna.

It might pay to see if I can find out more about the house antenna since one would think that they have already taken precautions against this. I just don’t want to smoke my PC for a little HDTV,…..
Old Apr 18, 2005, 08:28 PM   #653
kevver

kevver is still being judged by the masses

This may seem like a dumb question, but is this card useless for Canada? Or has anyone in Canada gotten any HDTV channels with it?
kevver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 08:53 PM   #654
grog
No longer on Rage3d

grog is still being judged by the masses

It depends on where in Canada you live and how big of an antenna you are willing to buy.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ghlight=canada

Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevver
This may seem like a dumb question, but is this card useless for Canada? Or has anyone in Canada gotten any HDTV channels with it?
Old Apr 19, 2005, 05:51 PM   #655
rbq

rbq is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevver
Hey Kevver,
I'm in Toronto and I get all the channels that I am supposed to get (11 Channels). I use the antenna that came with card. Over the weekend I picked up a Samsung TS160 receiver and I have that hooked up to the same antenna with a splitter. They both work fine at the same time. I'm on the 3rd floor of a house facing south.
rbq
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 08:47 PM   #656
kevver

kevver is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq
Hey Kevver,
I'm in Toronto and I get all the channels that I am supposed to get (11 Channels). I use the antenna that came with card. Over the weekend I picked up a Samsung TS160 receiver and I have that hooked up to the same antenna with a splitter. They both work fine at the same time. I'm on the 3rd floor of a house facing south.
rbq
Thanks, I am in between Niagara Falls and Hamilton, but overall that is great information that I was looking for. I am going to start shopping for one soon. Love my 550 Theatrix, but got the need for HD :P
kevver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 02:39 PM   #657
CoolSaluki

CoolSaluki is still being judged by the masses

Default HDTV Wonder and Windows Media Encoder 9

Has anyone tried to use windows media encoder to stream live HDTV over the internet? When you open Windows Media Encoder to start the streaming proccess it wants to know what channel on the HDTV wonder card to stream. The problem is that it won't let you put in channels such as 23-1. It says that the "-" is not a valid character. Anyone have any idea or have any luck with this?
CoolSaluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 09:06 AM   #658
weblurker
Radeon R100

weblurker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq
Hey Kevver,
rbq
Hi rbq. I also live in Toronto (Dufferin and Eglinton) and I was thinking about buying the HDTV Wonder. Just a couple of questions.

Where abouts do you live in Toronto?

Also, from which vendor did you buy the card? I've been looking for a local store that sells the card.
weblurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 03:29 PM   #659
rbq

rbq is still being judged by the masses

Hey Weblurker,
I'm in the Ossington and Davenport area. I bought the card at Premier Computers on Lakeshore west of Kipling.
rbq
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 12:37 AM   #660
weblurker
Radeon R100

weblurker is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq
Hey Weblurker,
I'm in the Ossington and Davenport area. I bought the card at Premier Computers on Lakeshore west of Kipling.
rbq
Thanks rbq. Funny, I drove through the Ossington/Dupont area tonight on the way to Huron street. I should have looked for the pointy antenna that comes with the HDTV Wonder and stopped in to take a peek at HDTV.

From what I remember as I drove through, you must located be in fairly built up area. Do you have a lot of buildings surrounding your location? Are there any buildings obstructing the view to the south or do you have a clear view to the CN Tower?

Are you able to receive WGRZ (NBC) and WKBW (ABC)? IIRC, those are the most southern Buffalo transmitters.

The reason I ask is that I have a friend who lives in a townhouse development. There is a townhouse directly to the south and I was wondering if the HDTV Wonder would work in that kind of obstructed location.

Last edited by weblurker : Apr 24, 2005 at 12:57 AM.
weblurker is offline   Reply With Quote