Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Sep 3, 2004, 01:40 AM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KaBomber
Radeon R300

KaBomber is still being judged by the masses

Could someone please give me a breakdown on how and what I should install in order to get my hdtv wonder working? Nothing here seems to help. I have an nvidia video card and get "0% signal strength" whenever I try to access dtv, and the mmc also quits when auto scanning, both mmc's. I have tried hdtv on a separate tuner before and know it works fine, but no such luck as of right now. Please help!! Also is the only way to get cpu usage with regular tv down to disable acpi ?
2x512mb Patriot pc3200

Last edited by KaBomber : Sep 3, 2004 at 01:45 AM.
KaBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2004, 10:24 PM   #302
FlyByNight

FlyByNight is still being judged by the masses

Default Hdtv Wonder Installation: No Clear Path

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBomber
Could someone please give me a breakdown on how and what I should install in order to get my hdtv wonder working? Nothing here seems to help. I have an nvidia video card and get "0% signal strength" whenever I try to access dtv, and the mmc also quits when auto scanning, both mmc's. I have tried hdtv on a separate tuner before and know it works fine, but no such luck as of right now.
Join the club. So far ATI has documented the following issues with HDTV:
http://www.ati.com/support/products/...derissues.html

Installing various versions of MMC/Driver/decoder and in different order has been the norm rather than the exception. So there is no clear path to take here. You will have to experiment.

If you do find the solution, please report your findings so that others can benefit from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBomber
Also is the only way to get cpu usage with regular tv down to disable acpi ?
There are at least two distinct situations with so-called "high CPU usage".

1. CPU usage is normally high when TV-ON-DEMAND feature is active. On any other ATI All-In-Wonder TV tuner cards, ToD is enabled when clicking on pause or on the stop watch located on the UI. CPU returns to normal when LIVE TV is resumed. With the HDTV WONDER card however, ToD is permanently enabled therefore CPU usage is expected to be constantly higher than it would normally be without the option enabled.

That said, your CPU is 3400+... so you should see CPU usage way below 50%.

2. The other high CPU usage is associated with choppy video/audio and the CPU is maxed out. Because you haven't been able to see or hear anything and you did not say what was your CPU usage we can't know for sure.
FlyByNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:57 PM   #303
micnn
Radeon R300

micnn is still being judged by the masses

the cpu usage rarely go above 18% on my system while viewing DTV... a little info about my system:

asus p4c800-d, prescott 3.2 o/c 3.5ghz, 1gig ram, audigy2... ACPI enabled and all DTV Wonder devices are sharing exclusively irq22... no wait, I just realized the device manager lists "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" for my system, I wish!!

Anyway, I still can't view Simpsons on my monitor, TV player isn't working here...
micnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 4, 2004, 08:37 AM   #304
jrw
Radeon R200

jrw is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by micnn
the cpu usage rarely go above 18% on my system while viewing DTV... a little info about my system:

asus p4c800-d, prescott 3.2 o/c 3.5ghz, 1gig ram, audigy2... ACPI enabled and all DTV Wonder devices are sharing exclusively irq22... no wait, I just realized the device manager lists "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" for my system, I wish!!

Anyway, I still can't view Simpsons on my monitor, TV player isn't working here...
Yea Im seeing 15-17% usage while playing HD content via DTV player, It's normal for device manager to show Multiprocessor with P4 Hyperthread cpu's , if you look in task manager's performance tab you'll also see it shows 2 seperate cpu readouts.
2GB PC3200 Corsair XMS
EVGA 7800GTX 512MB
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic / Logitech Z5500's
NEC-3540A DL Burner
730GB Total HDD
WinXP
Sony GDM-FW900 24" CRT

jrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2004, 01:06 AM   #305
2old2play

2old2play is still being judged by the masses

I have a problem and I can not seem to find a fix for it anywhere. My DTV is working fine, but when I go to click on the media Library. I get a message that says failed to initialize program. I have all the newest drivers installed and I have try every type of config. Does anyone else have this issue? Also when I do a PC check it says my Direct X is not installed properly and it can find the Capture .Inf

This is strange since I can still watch DTV and everything seems to be working. I tried to install DX 9b and then tried 9c but its still the same. Has anyone out there experienced this? It doesn't seem like it

Win XPpro
SP 2
ATI 9800pro
3ghz P4
1gig Ram
Abit IC7-g
2old2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2004, 11:15 AM   #306
ShiningArcanine
Radeon R520

ShiningArcanine is still being judged by the masses

Have you used the system compatibility check?
ShiningArcanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2004, 12:44 PM   #307
2old2play

Is that something seperate from the PC check? Where is that?
Old Sep 7, 2004, 12:14 AM   #308
FlyByNight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old2play
Is that something seperate from the PC check? Where is that?
Try Start/All Programs/ATI Multimedia Center/Configuration

Then click "Run Tests"

However, don't expect too much from those tests. It's brain dead. I my case I get "Failed" Graphics Chip: Not ATI RADEON or more recent ... BUT I *do* have a Radeon installed (and the utility even detects it!!! ).
Old Sep 7, 2004, 12:34 AM   #309
grog
No longer on Rage3d

grog is still being judged by the masses

My check was not bad.

A couple of warnings: ATI software still does not understand RAID and gives a warning. Audigy is reported to have 'Audio Clock Inaccuracy > (+ or -) 0.2%".

Everything else passed.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ATI MMC\PCCHECK.LOG
*** Log Manager 0: Opened on: 9/6/2004 [23:24:33]
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Passed:
PCCheck: [23:24:33] ==============
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Processor speed is 500 MHz or better
PCCheck: [23:24:33] RAM at least 128 MBytes
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Has sound card
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Windows XP
PCCheck: [23:24:33] DirectX 9
PCCheck: [23:24:33] DirectX components installed properly
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Primary Graphics Chip: ATI RADEON or more recent
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Primary : ATI RADEON 9700 PRO Secondary (0x0000004d) AGP 4X
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Primary : Graphics board memory is 128 MBytes
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Primary : 8.051-040825a-017759E-ATI (0x00000000)
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Secondary : ATI RADEON 9700 PRO Secondary (0x0000005b) PCI
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Secondary : Graphics board memory is 0 MBytes
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Secondary : 8.051-040825a-017759E-ATI (0x00000000)
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Capture driver is installed properly
PCCheck: [23:24:33] CD : MITSUMI CD-ROM FX54++M
PCCheck: [23:24:33] DMA for CD operation is enabled
PCCheck: [23:24:33] DVD : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D
PCCheck: [23:24:33] DMA for DVD operation is enabled
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Hard Drive : Maxtor 6Y160P0
PCCheck: [23:24:33] DMA for Hard Drive operation is enabled
PCCheck: [23:24:33]
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Warning:
PCCheck: [23:24:33] ==============
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Audio Clock Inaccuracy > (+ or -) 0.2%
PCCheck: [23:24:33] Hard Drive : Promise 2+0 Stripe/RAID0 SCSI Disk Device
PCCheck: [23:24:33] DMA for Hard Drive operation may not be enabled
*** Log Manager 0: Closed on: 9/6/2004 [23:26:05]

Greg
Old Sep 7, 2004, 01:04 AM   #310
fnord185

fnord185 is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy Same issues here...

Quote:
I have a problem and I can not seem to find a fix for it anywhere. My DTV is working fine, but when I go to click on the media Library. I get a message that says failed to initialize program. I have all the newest drivers installed and I have try every type of config. Does anyone else have this issue?

Abit IC7-g
I have exactly the same issue with the card (along with a few others). I have not been able to get the "TV" mode to work at all--but the DTV works with a few gotchas. Interestingly, I am running the same motherboard as you are--the Abit ic7-g. I was tempted to try upgrading the bios but I don't even have a floppy drive installed so I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Here are my other issues which I just sent off to ati's customer support. Perhaps someone else here has already worked around these problems:

I am trying to run the HDTV wonder and have had several problems:

1) The HDTV Wonder initially conflicted with my Nvidia Geforce 6800GT graphics card. My graphics card would not work at all with the HDTV wonder installed. This I fixed by reducing the AGP aperature in by Bios from 128 Megs down to 64 megs which resolved the conflict. Will this change cause other problems for my graphics card?

2) In DTV mode, the audio drops off often when changing channels. If I go to the setup menu, change the audio mode to "decode and downmix to 2 speakers" and then back to "Pass thru to audio device cyberlink audio render" the sound immediately comes back and works until I change channels again. Is there a fix for this issue?

3) If I use the "TV" or the "TV Listings" button I get the error: "The TV player failed to initialize the video". I have tried updating to the lastest drivers as specified on the web page and I specifically updated the 4 .exe files in the order specified. Still, I get that error. I have no other programs running which should be competing for resources and the graphics card should have plenty of room free (it runs the DTV stuff without complaining). Any suggestions for me to try there?

4) In the Los Angeles area, channel 7-1 is named "KABC Digital 720p". Most of the time, the software/hardware incorrectly identifies this station as a 480i signal. I know this since it prints in on the banner and only shows the upper left corner of the picture. If I tune to this channel after viewing another 720p channel it correctly tunes the 720p signal about 50% of the time. Is there a fix for this particular problem yet?

As you can tell, after several hours of experimenting, I have found a few significant issues with the product in my environment which I hope can be addressed.

Thanks-

fnord185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2004, 01:20 AM   #311
cfspeakman

cfspeakman is still being judged by the masses

Default TV not working

I hope someone here can help me. I have this card installed with XP pro SP2, and have installed all the software just as instucted on their website, but I continue to have the same problem. TV could not initialize the video! DTV does work, but the analog TV does not.

In my ATI Multimedia Center Configuration, under the TV tab, Primary TV Capture Source...there is only "No Default", and below "Driver (unsupported)". ATI DTV Wonder Analog AV Capture is NOT LISTED! Why? Could this be the problem, and if so how do I fix it? Could it be that an ATI video card is REQUIRED for the analog TV tuner to work?

The compatibility wizard is unable to determine if DMA is enabled. I have 2 SCSI drives, and 2 SATA drives, and DMA is enabled on all the IDE controllers in device manager. Nothing else to do here.

I did have Microsoft Media Encoder 9 installed prior to installation of all the software, and installed all the software exactly as instructed, using all the latest drivers from ATI's website.

Any suggestions appreciated, otherwise will RMA. Would really like to make this work as I think the hardware is good, and it is the only HDTV card I have seen so far that is slotted to fit in a PCI-X slot. Any card in the board's 32-bit PCI slot will effectively kill all the airflow to the video card.

My system:

Iwill DK8N board
eVGA nvidia 6800gt AGP card
Dual Opteron 250
2 GB Corsair DDR400
Fujitsu 74 GB SCSI boot drive
Seagate Ultra 320 SCSI for dual boot x64(not using now)
Adaptec 29320R scsi adapter in PCI-X 133mhz slot
ATI HDTV wonder in PCI-X 66/33mhz slot(used both jumper settings, and also tried in the only 32-bit PCI slot on this board)
Onboard sound
cfspeakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2004, 02:20 AM   #312
2old2play

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord185
I am running the same motherboard as you are--the Abit ic7-g. I was tempted to try upgrading the bios but I don't even have a floppy drive installed so I haven't gotten around to that yet.
Just so you know, you dont need a floppy drive to install a new bios. All those Abit boards use a program called FlashMenu that can flash the bios from windows. I would suggest going to their site and downloading the newest verion. Floppies are dead.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 02:21 AM   #313
2old2play

Oh and for everyone elses information I found the key to fixing the HDTV wonder install issues. All you need to do is REINSTALL THE ENTIRE OS AND START FOR SCRATH. This POS did not work untill I started from the very begining and installed it from the start. Its crap.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 08:28 AM   #314
doctj
Radeon R520

doctj is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Just so you know, you dont need a floppy drive to install a new bios. All those Abit boards use a program called FlashMenu that can flash the bios from windows. I would suggest going to their site and downloading the newest verion. Floppies are dead.
You need a floppy in case something goes wrong while you're flashing.

HTPC: Athlon XP 1500, MSI KT133A, 512 SDRAM, Samsung SD-816 DVD, Win2K SP4, All in Wonder Radeon 32 MB DDR- MMC 9.01, Remote Wonder, Chaintech 710 Infocus X1, Onkyo 770.
doctj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2004, 01:41 PM   #315
2old2play

no you dont. you can just burn the bios to CD. Most have bootable CD drives as well. I have not used a floopy in years and have never needed it. Just burn your backed up bios to disc and flash from windows. I actually back up my bios on my seperate HD and restore from there is there is a problem
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:48 AM   #316
fnord185

Thumbs down

Quote:
Flashmenu did indeed work well for updating the bios on my abit motherboard. Unfortunately, it had no effect on the HDTV wonder functionality (or lack thereof). No analog TV, choppy playback and dropping out audio and general bugginess prevail. Re-installing the software in different orders and using different versions doesn't seem to change anything.

If I can't work this out pretty soon, this board's going back to the store. I'll keep an eye out for when they have this stuff worked out and maybe try it again--not worth the risk in case they don't get this squared away.

fnord185
Old Sep 8, 2004, 02:02 AM   #317
grog
No longer on Rage3d

grog is still being judged by the masses

Videocard

This should work.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35130

buttonpusher over at NVNEWS reports having a 6800GT with HDTV Wonder and made the following comments in the thread he started "6800GT with HDTV Wonder"

Quote:
Anyone have any experience with the ATI HDTV card. I have it installed and the analog TV part works fine. When you try to start DTV, you get an Error Msg that tells you to Check the device mgr and to see that the correct video driver is installed. I am using the 61.77 drivers. Not getting any help so far from the ATI Boards, or Tech support.
Then later....

Quote:
YES Got it to work! Needed to reinstall ATI Decoder and Wala.
Picture quality is rippin', Watching the Olympics @1080i. AllI can say is WOW.
Might be a thread to check out. Same card, yet he has TV and DTV both working. I don't have a NVIDIA card here so I can only point to information that may help. Just knowing that the combo does work should help.

Greg

Quote:
Flashmenu did indeed work well for updating the bios on my abit motherboard. Unfortunately, it had no effect on the HDTV wonder functionality (or lack thereof). No analog TV, choppy playback and dropping out audio and general bugginess prevail. Re-installing the software in different orders and using different versions doesn't seem to change anything.

If I can't work this out pretty soon, this board's going back to the store. I'll keep an eye out for when they have this stuff worked out and maybe try it again--not worth the risk in case they don't get this squared away.

fnord185
Old Sep 8, 2004, 04:20 PM   #318
FlyByNight

Default Regarding High CPU utilization or DTV image is choppy running DTV Player

I just received this e-mail from ATI tech support:

Quote:

The information in this article applies to:

HDTV WONDER

In some configurations, the DTV Player may indicate higher than expected CPU utilization. Other symptoms include choppy display or audio running DTV Player.

The symptoms differ from system to system, and not all systems exhibit this behaviour. ATI has not been able to duplicate this issue [uh?].

ATI Customer Care is recommending that the following troubleshooting steps be performed:

1. Update to the latest HDTV WONDER drivers and software on ATI.com
( http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html )
2. Ensure that Windows XP Service Pack 1 or higher is installed before the HDTV WONDER software. Service Pack 2 or higher is recommended.
3. Shut down Virus software, as the scanner operation may yield higher than normal CPU utilization.
4. Close background tasks to free up system memory.
5. Ensure that the graphics card in the system meets the minimum requirements.
6. Check for IRQ sharing in Device Manager. If your find there is an IRQ sharing with another busmastering device, it is suggested to test the card in a different PCI slot.
7. Check for updated sound drivers.
8. Check for updated motherboard chipset drivers, or PCI busmastering drivers for your motherboard.
9. Check the system BIOS for any settings that related to PCI burst transactions, or PCI latency settings, and adjust according to your motherboard vendor's recommendations.

Old Sep 11, 2004, 09:19 PM   #319
liemtec

liemtec is still being judged by the masses

Default Hdtv Wonder ... one glitch

I installed the HDTV wonder, using the 9200 Radeon 256mb, works fine. So not sure why supposely unsupported.

Anyway, when launching DTV, I get the box popup, stating dma is not activated on my hard drive, which of course, it is, have checked ... though the problem, when I check the box, "do not show this again" ... by gosh, it keeps showing up everytime anyway. The ATI tester has never worked properly on many boards, in which I have installed wonder tv cards, so that is not a big deal. I just don't want to have to keep closing the box before DTV will launch .. anyone know where it can be disabled in the registry or anyplace else?

Other than that, after a month of using, the HDTV Wonder has been flawless.
liemtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2004, 12:51 AM   #320
Emilee
Next to her

Emilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Im going to be grabbing one of these this week. After having a horrible time with the VE, Im willing to give ATi another shot. Hopefully it will go well.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 02:18 AM   #321
ben6
Radeon R420

ben6 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtec
I installed the HDTV wonder, using the 9200 Radeon 256mb, works fine. So not sure why supposely unsupported.

Anyway, when launching DTV, I get the box popup, stating dma is not activated on my hard drive, which of course, it is, have checked ... though the problem, when I check the box, "do not show this again" ... by gosh, it keeps showing up everytime anyway. The ATI tester has never worked properly on many boards, in which I have installed wonder tv cards, so that is not a big deal. I just don't want to have to keep closing the box before DTV will launch .. anyone know where it can be disabled in the registry or anyplace else?

Other than that, after a month of using, the HDTV Wonder has been flawless.
I just tried it on a MSI-7003 which is a Radeon 9000 chipset works fine with the integrated graphics. Of course my system is better with the X800 in the AGP slot but thought I'd give it a shot
ben6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2004, 01:37 PM   #322
jrw
Radeon R200

jrw is still being judged by the masses

Hmm started noticing a strange problem yesterday, whenever I take screenshots using the dtv app I see 'lines' on anything that has motion, as if its not interlacing the picture..it never used to do this and not sure why it is now, heres a pic of how it used to take shots during motion:

notice the pole has a 'blur' effect..

This is how motion turns out in screenshots now:

notice leno's hands towards the top of the screen, can see the 'lines' ...
is it like this for everyone? It makes taking decent shots very difficult .. Thanks in advance.
2GB PC3200 Corsair XMS
EVGA 7800GTX 512MB
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic / Logitech Z5500's
NEC-3540A DL Burner
730GB Total HDD
WinXP
Sony GDM-FW900 24" CRT

jrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:01 AM   #323
KaBomber
Radeon R300

just looks like the 1080i interlace lines to me
2x512mb Patriot pc3200
Old Sep 14, 2004, 01:21 AM   #324
fnord185

Angry HDTV Wonder going back.

Quote:
No analog TV, choppy playback and dropping out audio and general bugginess prevail. Re-installing the software in different orders and using different versions doesn't seem to change anything. If I can't work this out pretty soon, this board's going back to the store.
Unfortunately, a few days later and plenty of trys re-installing things and trying different versions. I guess is must be something in my config but this board is going back. $200 is too risky for a board that really doesn't work--at least for me.

Here's my config in case it helps someone else (or if you have it working with this config, I'd love to hear about it):

- Abit IC7-G motherboard, w/onboard sound - 2.8 P4
- 1 Gig Ram
- Geforce 6800GT
- XP Sp1

Thanks--

fnord185
Old Sep 14, 2004, 04:30 AM   #325
Grimister
Radeon R100

Grimister is still being judged by the masses

Here is something that may help some of the poeple having install trouble, I had to re-install windows and during the re-install of the HDTV drivers fresh from the web I started having some trouble. One of the things I found out was that when windows xp pro with sp1 installed first booted up it put the yellow marks on the hdtv device in device manager. No big deal I thought,-- everytime I tried to install the hdtv-wonder-4-08-2012 drivers my system re-booted. So I went to work with a fresh install and played with some things and found that If I un-installed the yellow marks for the HDTV (there is only 2 of em) in device manager the drivers would install no problem, then I installed mmc 9.02, this is of course after the cat 4.9's was installed, But the DTV app would open its standard little blue title window then nothing. So again I started to goof around and ended up having to install something from the original cd called DTVQFE it was in the dir :\install\DTVQFE maybe someone could enlighten me to what DTVQFE is but after that everything works great.

Intel P4 3GHZ
1 DDR dual 400 ram
800 mhz bus
2x120 sata seagates in raid 0
Intel 865perl MB
Grimister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 03:57 PM   #326
skinsfan39

skinsfan39 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same issue and it's driving me crazy. Works as it should with the analog TV tuner app but with the DTV app I get prompted for that every time.
skinsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2004, 09:14 AM   #327
Audiophile
GeForce 6600

Audiophile is still being judged by the masses

Tomshardware reviewed the HDTV wonder:
"If ATi is able to fix the compatibility issues and the installation madness, it will have a first-rate product with the HDTV Wonder. "
Old Sep 18, 2004, 12:41 AM   #328
Liuke
Fuzzy Bunnies go BOIIING!

Liuke is still being judged by the masses

Yeah, I just read their HTDV Wonder review:

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/vid...917/index.html

Looks like they had some major probs getting it to work as well like what I've read all over the place. I'm definitely hoping a second iteration of this card will fix a lot of this and elevate it from the status of a bad product.
A64 X2 3800+ | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | 2 x 512 MB Crucial Ballistix PC3200 | 2 x BFG 6800 GT OC | BFG 550W PSU | WD Raptor 74GB | WD 160GB SE | Lite-On 52x32x52 CD-RW + 16X DVD-ROM | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 | Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers | Logitech G15 | G5 | MX1000 | Ideazon Zboard | 3DMark03 = 20963 | 3DMark05 = 9645

P4 2.8C | Asus P4P800 Deluxe | 2x256MB Kingston HyperX PC3500 and 2x512MB Corsair Value DDR400 | ATI X800 XL | Antec TrueBlue 480W | WD 40GB | Saitek Eclipse KB | Razer Diamondback Plasma LE

Athlon XP-M 2500+ | Abit NF7-S | 2 x 256MB Corsair Value PC3200 and 1 x 512MB Simpletech Nitro PC3500 | AIW 9600 Pro | Enermax Noisetaker 470W PSU | WD 100GB SE | WD 80GB | WD 40GB | Lite-On 40x12x48 CD-RW | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 1 | Logitech Cordless MX Duo + MX518
Liuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2004, 01:07 AM   #329
Dude 007

Dude 007 is still being judged by the masses

I had to wrangle a little bit with this card in the beginning, but now it works like a champ trouble-free. I may get more into the HDTV later on, but for now most of it's utility for me is the regular Wonder stuff. I wish the full suite of ATI apps were available for Linux as well, including Guide Plus. But hey, I'm in business.
Dude 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2004, 01:37 AM   #330
KaBomber
Radeon R300

Sorry for my fuss earlier. This time i started from the cd drivers, installed all the updates without uninstalling the old drivers, and mmc picked up channels finally and I'm able to watch. Also my hardware acceleration is better now and the cpu usage has gone down when using only one monitor at a time. Thanks for the support, now I just need to get my antenna in a good spot.
2x512mb Patriot pc3200