Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Oct 12, 2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default NVIDIA Launching RTX Game Remastering Program

"NVIDIA is kicking off an exciting new game remastering program. We’re cherry-picking some of the greatest titles from the past decades and bringing them into the ray tracing age, giving them state-of-the-art visuals while keeping the gameplay that made them great. The NVIDIA Lightspeed Studios team is picking up the challenge starting with a title that you know and love but we can’t talk about here! We’re building a team of talented, dedicated game developers who are ready to get going quickly.

We are looking for an experienced Producer to join the NVIDIA Studios team."

https://nvidia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com...ming_JR1925017

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:19 PM   #2
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

System Shock 2, Thief, Dead Space 1 please.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:38 PM   #3
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
System Shock 2, Thief, Dead Space 1 please.
Wow, awesome list.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 13, 2019, 08:52 PM   #4
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Scorched Earth.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:48 PM   #5
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Default NVIDIA has created a gaming studio to remaster classic PC games with Ray Tracing

Official support for their proprietary tech via the classics. Give me F.E.A.R or give me death!

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidi...acing-effects/

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Oct 14, 2019 at 04:16 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 02:29 AM   #6
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

fear with ray tracing would be pretty sweat.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 03:44 AM   #7
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Witcher 3 and Doom 3 would be good.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 06:55 AM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
The NVIDIA Lightspeed Studios team is picking up the challenge starting with a title that you know and love but we can’t talk about here.”
I'd love to know what title that is. I'd love to see a team bring "Blood" into the modern age.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 07:23 AM   #9
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I know it's not old, but a raytraced Dark Souls 2 would be neat.

I bet it would do wonders for the really ugly areas, as the lighting there looked more like it belonged in a q2 era title compared to the rest of the game.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 07:50 AM   #10
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

"classic" games to me should be at minimum a decade old or honestly 2.
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 08:52 AM   #11
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Leisure Suit Larry (original)
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 09:41 AM   #12
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

I bet half-life &/ OR the Unreal (Original) are among them. HL RTX with HL 3 to follow. Is it too much to wish for??
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 09:47 AM   #13
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Couldnt get anybody to do **** with ray tracing so they decided they would pick up old games that studios arent doing anything with and do the leg work to make money for 3rd parties. Just so they can push ray tracing.

They also made sure to use classics cause well you know, those frames are playable on 20 year old games with ray tracing on.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:08 AM   #14
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Idk, everything is super smooth and playable @ 1440P with RT on now.

It does appear that they are having a hard time getting people to buy into RT. However, the remakes could be cool. Q2 was an awful pick for the remaster imo. Imagine Witcher 1 with RT and updated graphics; also plausible since CDPR works well with NV..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:11 AM   #15
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Classics require less work to get the framerates playable. They are so old that when you enable RTX on these modern video cards they can literally brute force playable framerates with little optimization.

Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:16 AM   #16
acroig
Master Troll

Do we want to merge this thread with mine in gen graphics?

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...87&postcount=1

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Oct 14, 2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:18 AM   #17
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

ALien8ed is still being judged by the masses

Just give me Unreal RTX and i'm happy
ALien8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:19 AM   #18
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Couldnt get anybody to do **** with ray tracing so they decided they would pick up old games that studios arent doing anything with and do the leg work to make money for 3rd parties. Just so they can push ray tracing.

They also made sure to use classics cause well you know, those frames are playable on 20 year old games with ray tracing on.
What are you talking about? Plenty of games getting the RT treatment. Even games I had no idea was getting ray traced and was looking forward to regardless, like Watch Dogs Legion. In fact, all the games I'm looking forward to will have RTX. Mechwarriors, Dying Light 2, Doom, etc..

Even the next Call of Dooty will have RTX.

Having classics remastered is a bonus.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:15 AM   #19
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Classics require less work to get the framerates playable. They are so old that when you enable RTX on these modern video cards they can literally brute force playable framerates with little optimization.
When I say games run smooth, I'm talking about new titles. Metro Exodus was probably the worst performing of the bunch and it's smooth as butter now after updates ..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:22 AM   #20
logical
What is my purpose?

Im not here to argue about number of titles. I know anything rtx or dlss based Exposed is scouring the forums and on it I dont have the energy for that ****.

Adoption rate for rtx is low. It wont take off unless consoles can support it(is that a thing? or no)

Just saying classic dont require as much optimization. Ill take an Unreal RTX. If they can do Unreal Tournament 99 and get people playing it im down.

Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:41 AM   #21
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think it's going to be Half-Life due to the open source license and the ability to port open gl to Vulcan for Raytracing, similar to what Lightspeed Studios did with help with Quake 2.

Titles I would like to see are the original Quake, Tomb Raider and Unreal. Titles that started 3d gaming and created the foundation many enjoy today.

Think it is a savy move for raytracing awareness, content, differentiation and the Rtx branding.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:56 AM   #22
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Considering consoles are running AMD chips, and that raytracing is rumored to be supported on the PS5 .. it’s a possibility. Frankly the hardware in consoles, especially the Pro and X1X have become pretty impressive. There is no reason the PS5 and next-gen XBOX couldn’t support some form of RT at 1080P. At 4K, however, I don’t see it happening. RT @ 4K even on an OC’d 2080TI is a struggle. Do-able, but a struggle.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:01 PM   #23
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Oblivion.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 01:34 PM   #24
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Considering consoles are running AMD chips, and that raytracing is rumored to be supported on the PS5 .. it’s a possibility. Frankly the hardware in consoles, especially the Pro and X1X have become pretty impressive. There is no reason the PS5 and next-gen XBOX couldn’t support some form of RT at 1080P. At 4K, however, I don’t see it happening. RT @ 4K even on an OC’d 2080TI is a struggle. Do-able, but a struggle.
PS5 is confirmed Hardware based Ray Tracing since last week.

Plus Ray Tracing doesn't have to be THAT taxing it just depends what they do with it, only using specific features.

However while most games next gen will be "4k" I'd take a good bet that many of them wont be native 4K however using a next gen reconstruction technique similar to DLSS, and more advanced than the PS4's checkerboard etc

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 02:41 PM   #25
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

These RTX remasters are stupid and unnecessary. I'll take Unreal please!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 03:14 PM   #26
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I would rather they do more killer apps / latest games instead.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 03:29 PM   #27
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Fear series sounds great, The Valve games, Unreal and UT.
Bio and System Shock games, also old Thief games.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 03:37 PM   #28
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Should spend time having more new RTX games.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 03:55 PM   #29
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Needs moar Battlezone with RTX.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2019, 04:00 PM   #30
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Needs moar Battlezone with RTX.
Zork with RTX
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote