Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 4, 2010, 03:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default Favorite iPhone/iPod Games

I dont think there is a thread like this here so I guess I'll start one. Post some of your favorite iPhone games that are quality. Sometimes it can be hard to weed out all the other ****ty games in the app store. Ill start:

Keep on mind Im playing on an iPhone for and some games dont support the retina display so some of my screens are blurry.

Flood It 2

Its basically a puzzle game where you have to get all of the squares to be the same color at the end. You just touch the circles at the bottom and it changes the squares at the top left to same color and you pick up more squares. You have so many color changes to win.

Geodefense

Picture says it all. My favorite tower defense game in the App store.

Godfinger

This is the best farming type game(like farmville) in the app store imo. Basically you just farm gold and build more buildings. You get one planet, and you can manipulate it to your pleasing(scorch the land so it looks like a desert, make it lush, move land up and down, create a lake). Its pretty good and supports the iphone 4 retina display as you can see its pretty crisp.

Stick Golf

Basically just a golf game, but highly addicting. Right now it has 8 courses that vary completely with 9 holes a piece. Good fun.

Tilt To Live

This is one of my personal favorite. Basically your the arrow and you need to kill the red dots while not touching any of them. Powerups spawn on the level to kill the dots in various ways. There are 4 different kinds of gameplay. The game also has achievements and weapon unlocks. Also the arrow is controlled by tilting your device. Highly recommended.

Words With Friends

Basically scrabble on the go. You can have 20 simulatneous games at once. People play at their own leisure so you can play one turn today and not get another turn until a day later or so. Who doesnt like scrabble?

Last edited by logical : Aug 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 03:44 PM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default Forgot one

Galcon

Its basically an RTS on the iphone. It has local and internet multiplayer. Basically you start at one planet and have to eliminate the enemy players by capturing his planets. Its just like playing mushroom wars on the PS3. This game is actually on steam too.. see here for video.

Old Aug 8, 2010, 07:21 AM   #3
The_KELRaTH

The_KELRaTH is still being judged by the masses

I'm amazed just how many great games there for the iPhone/Touch/iPad - not purchased one PSN game since getting the iPad.

Some of the non HD games worth picking up are:
WarBlade vertical arcade shooter (Free at the moment too)
http://www.emv-software.com/

Land Air Sea Warfare (RTS)
http://www.isotope244.com/land-air-sea-warfare.html
The_KELRaTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2010, 02:56 PM   #4
logical
What is my purpose?

Bah, went to get warblade and it cost money again... there is a free version but I love full versions for free.

Civilization is free for a couple of days make sure to get that if you havent people.

Old Aug 8, 2010, 04:40 PM   #5
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Soosiz is a quality platformer on par with a mario game.

sword and poker2 is a great game kind of poker+an rpg its very fun

don't forget the doom/wolfesntien rpgs they are good.

and the 5 minute fixes like angry birds and doodle jump.

and PvZ is awesome on a iphone as well.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:00 PM   #6
logical
What is my purpose?

That soosiz game was pretty interesting... kind of reminded me of mario galaxy without the 3d. It was too simple for me though.

Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:15 AM   #7
logical
What is my purpose?

Zenbound 2

Surprisingly simple game yet gets harder to complete. It's a game where you have to cover objects with rope by rotating the object. There are different types of variations the game has but that's basically what younger supposed to do. Cool game and concept.

Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:15 AM   #8
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

best shooting today..
Dodonpachi Resurrection
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:22 AM   #9
logical
What is my purpose?

That dodo game is RIDICULOUS.

Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:54 AM   #10
xFilter
Radeon R700

xFilter is still being judged by the masses

The 2 best games by far that I've played on the iPhone has to be Earth Defender and Solipskier. Earth Defender also has to be the best looking game I've played on the iPhone.

xFilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:13 AM   #11
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
That dodo game is RIDICULOUS.

yea. one of the best shooter game on iphone, the control is top notch.

the graphic is insane. so many bullets everywhere.

altho the game is too short. beat it after 1 + hour.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:50 AM   #12
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

right now

Ive completed the first one and love every second of this

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 01:46 AM   #13
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Geodefense

Picture says it all. My favorite tower defense game in the App store.
I hate and love this game. Live it because it's a great defense game. Hate it because it makes me feel stupid for being unable to beat even the second level of medium difficulty

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:55 AM   #14
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I hate and love this game. Live it because it's a great defense game. Hate it because it makes me feel stupid for being unable to beat even the second level of medium difficulty
I've beaten all the levels. Some levels required more time than others though. A few levels were hard until I tried muliple ways of winning. Picking the best strategy takes some time for a few levels.

Old Sep 1, 2010, 10:53 PM   #15
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Did you guys try out the Epic Unreal 3 tech demo that is up on the app store?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/01/e...at-itunes-app/

If there was any question about the iPhone's capabilities, this should put them to rest. Holy **** it looks awesome in motion running at 60fps on my 3gs. Ambient occlusion, dynamic lighting, parallax mapping and all sorts of ****. This isn't just more powerful than the old Xbox, it is well beyond it.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:13 PM   #16
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

I have to say that in the three months or so that I've had my iPad I can't remember when I actually played a game on it... except for Solitare but that's not a real game.

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 09:23 AM   #17
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Pocket God is quite amusing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 04:13 AM   #18
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Got Spacer Miner for iPad for $2.99 last night and played for hours. Kind of like a Sinistar RPG.

EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:01 PM   #19
logical
What is my purpose?

Angry Birds update out, now it has 15 new levels and you can purchase the mighty eagle for a dollar.

Old Feb 5, 2013, 05:44 AM   #20
vpop

i love playing luxor,angry bird
Old Sep 6, 2013, 06:47 PM   #21
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

A few new military themed releases

First up
Call of Duty:Strike Team

It's a cross between a FPS and a overhead Real Time X-Com. For a mobile game it's really well done and they actually put some fun gameplay in this thing. Lengthy campaign even.

Next up ,Android boy's have had this one for a bit but it's on iOs now

Arma Tactics
Its like X-com with out all the meta stuff and more modern military.

Lastly it's Breach and Clear it's a cross between frozen synapse and the planning stages of old school rainbow six

Oh yeah two new sandbox rleases on ios as well.

first is
Terraria which needs no introduction

and next is a very similar game called junk jack x

which is similar but different from terraria, designed from the get go for mobile and offers multiplayer which terraria currently does not.

Last edited by t0adp1p3 : Sep 6, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 09:39 PM   #22
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

heres one more since it hasnt been mentioned yet:

Deus Ex: The fall

Old Sep 27, 2013, 08:31 AM   #23
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shadowrun Returns is out now

Also some pretty good news FTL has been confirmed coming to ipad in the not to distant future.

and last but not least warhammer quest is getting an expansion next week with 3 new characters, a level increase, a new region, and new legendary loot.

Old Nov 18, 2015, 04:34 PM   #24
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So... any new additions to this thread for awesome sauce stuff I can waste my time with between/during meetings?

I am in a "clan" on Boom Beach, but that's a quick 5-15 minutes a day tops for some minor raids and what not.

/me shrugs
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2015, 02:42 PM   #25
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Vainglory if you need a fix for your moba-itch

Dungeon Hunter 5 for an ARPG

Badland for your jump'n run needs

Just off the top of my head. Sure there are a ton of other good ones

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:29 AM   #26
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Is it me, or have cell phone games gotten kind of stagnant in progression? Everything for the last 5 years looks like a ps2 game in high resolution.
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2013, 07:55 PM   #27
logical
What is my purpose?

Default Favorite iPhone/iPod Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Straight port of the new xcom enemy unknown coming to ios. That is baller.

I have it on ps3 and pc, won't mind buying it again or my iPad. Supposed to be full price.
Amazing game and it would work really well with a touch screen.

Last edited by logical : Mar 23, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:17 PM   #28
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

On a side note really really wish it was for android as well. Keep wanting to switch away from ios, but the gaming scene is just too good to ditch ATM.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 05:44 PM   #29
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Final fantasy Tactics has been upgrade and is half off. Anyone ever play it?
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 06:07 PM   #30
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

the ps1 version was pretty good/deep, it is a good game, dont know about the iOS version