Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Other Discussions » [GenHardware] Networking [Archived]
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

[GenHardware] Networking [Archived] NICs, routers, switches, hubs, software and hardware firewalls, servers, server Operating Systems, wired or wireless LANs WANs and WiFi. If it's used to communicate between multiple computers or devices, it goes in here.

Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:40 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
biscuitownz
R.I.P 9600GT 2008-2009

biscuitownz is still being judged by the masses

Default firefox loading webpages slow

ive checked the network utilization on task manager and shows 0.00% unless im streaming video\webpages but if im on idle it says 0 so i would think pages would load decently fast but it doesnt on firefox when im on rage3d homepage and i click on forums it takes like 5 seconds to load the page but on ie7 its decently fast ill try clearing cache and history and see if it makes a difference
Old Apr 8, 2009, 02:12 PM   #2
biscuitownz
R.I.P 9600GT 2008-2009

biscuitownz is still being judged by the masses

damn......nobody?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:35 PM   #3
Soong
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Soong is still being judged by the masses

Just because the network utilization on your PC is 0 doesn't mean that some other device on your network isn't using your internet connection. It also doesn't mean that some outside source is saturating your connection with a DOS attack of some kind. Hell it could even be your computer. If you run something like VirtualPC or VMware, the virtual machine can be pushing 50 megabits a second through your NIC and the real task manager (as opposed to the one on the virtal PC) will show 0% utilization.

I would suggest checking your public IP, power cycling your modem (leave it off for 5 minutes) and try to get a new IP. See if that resolves it. Try a different browser too. It could be that some plugin is screwing with firefox.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad