Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:44 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
S.Nixx
Null & Void

S.Nixx is still being judged by the masses

Default Dune remake cancelled, Total Recall remake with Colin Farrell.... arg

Hollywood needs to go die:P
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:56 AM   #2
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

More childhood memories destroyed.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 06:26 AM   #3
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Why the hell does Total Recall need a remake?! WHY?!

What's next? Robocop? Terminator 1? Spiderman... oh wait
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:02 AM   #4
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:48 AM   #5
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Total Recall is already a cult hit. It does *NOT* need a remake.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:57 AM   #6
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Although you are right, Ozz, that won't stop em. I absolutely hated every single remake that i've seen so far. I have yet to see one that's better than the original.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:00 AM   #7
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

x 1000.

BTW, does anyone else think that as completely ****ing awesome as Total Recall was, it might have been even better if, instead at the end...

rather than him standing outside looking out over the planet, he woke back up in the machine at Recall?

also BTW, if the above spoiler was really necessary b/c you have never seen this movie, you are a loser beyond all hope and I can only ask why in the hell you are still reading this instead of watching it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 08:37 AM   #8
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hollywood is in its death throes imo.
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:18 AM   #9
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
Hollywood is in its death throes imo.

Yeah, because there was nothing worth watching last year. Sure there are a lot of ****ty movies, but there are a lot of pretty damn good ones too.
The Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:28 AM   #10
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Luggage View Post

Yeah, because there was nothing worth watching last year. Sure there are a lot of ****ty movies, but there are a lot of pretty damn good ones too.
Compare the ratio, or the comparative investment of original works to unoriginal works (ie remakes, sequels, 'reimaginings') produced by large hollywood corporations compared to 10, 20 years ago.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:05 AM   #11
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

With hundreds of thousands to possibly millions of movies that have been made, originality is hard to come by these days. Pretty much everything has been done in some form or another. To keep the machine going there's going to be sequels, remakes, copycats, similar works, etc. Gotta take the good with the bad.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:42 AM   #12
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

good, I need to see collin farell eyes explode.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:59 AM   #13
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
With hundreds of thousands to possibly millions of movies that have been made, originality is hard to come by these days. Pretty much everything has been done in some form or another. To keep the machine going there's going to be sequels, remakes, copycats, similar works, etc. Gotta take the good with the bad.
If Hollywood has ran out of stories, then my original post would seem to stand, no?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:04 AM   #14
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

while at it...
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:09 PM   #15
McTurok
Radeon Volcanic Islands

McTurok is still being judged by the masses

Dune doesn't need to be remade, I like all of them as they are.
McTurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:12 PM   #16
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
while at it...

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 02:12 PM   #17
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Colin farrel !?

Goddamned, what a f^cking shame.

Just saw Total Recall on tv couple of days ago. It was AWESOME. Absolutely no remake if you ask me is necessary, ESPECIALLY NOT WITH THAT IDIOT ..

GODDAMNED

Anyway, the problem isn't really that they ran out of stories. Stories are infinite. The problem is money, remaking a great movie has a lot smaller chance of failing then trying a totally new story/movie.

They KNOW people liked the story of total recall, so it's SAFE. All they have to do now is add some super awesome computer effects, and hire some long haired lame ^ss metrosexual pussy douchebag , (you know you got to get with the times it's what's hot right now) and boom there you have a SAFE money maker.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"

Last edited by g-a-m-e : Mar 25, 2011 at 02:17 PM.
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 03:53 PM   #18
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurok View Post
Dune doesn't need to be remade, I like all of them as they are.
All of them? The only good Dune is the 1984 Dune directed by David Lynch. I wouldn't watch any of the other sad excuses for Dune if I got to watch them with seven naked supermodels.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:00 PM   #19
Ozilon
Radeon R700

Ozilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post

Didn't you know new Robocop movie is coming? Well, now you do..
Ozilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:10 PM   #20
McTurok
Radeon Volcanic Islands

McTurok is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
All of them? The only good Dune is the 1984 Dune directed by David Lynch. I wouldn't watch any of the other sad excuses for Dune if I got to watch them with seven naked supermodels.
Did i not say all of them?

I wouldn't have said I liked all of them if I didn't like all of them.

So you didn't, here's your sign.
McTurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:11 PM   #21
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Although you are right, Ozz, that won't stop em. I absolutely hated every single remake that i've seen so far. I have yet to see one that's better than the original.
batman???

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:12 PM   #22
Kraven
Stafoo!

Kraven is still being judged by the masses

The Total Recall remake apparently will be quite different than the old one. Hope its decent!

Yeah some quote goes here...

Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:17 PM   #23
SKey
Rage3D Veteran

SKey is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
I didnt mind the 1984 movie. It got horrible reviews and many people thought it sucked but I thought it was ok. The sci fi miniseries was way better in almost every respect though.

IMO, Dune deserves a big budget remake more than Total Recall but I can understand why the studios might be wary. Im not sure how big the potential audience is and science fiction movies are usually fairly costly to make.
SKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:22 PM   #24
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Who made Collin Ferrell an actor. He is a complete moron.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:13 PM   #25
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

I liked him in In Bruges.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:03 PM   #26
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

hordaktheman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
I liked him in In Bruges.
One of my favorite movies. I was never a Colin Farrell fan but he's excellent in that one.

Either way, it's not the actors (or even the directors or screenwriters) that are wrong with most movies because it's the producers who decide what type of movie it's going to be. Paul Verhoeven himself could be directing that Total Recall remake but it would still be hopeless with Jerry Bruckheimer producing it.
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:04 PM   #27
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKey View Post
I didnt mind the 1984 movie. It got horrible reviews and many people thought it sucked but I thought it was ok. The sci fi miniseries was way better in almost every respect though.

IMO, Dune deserves a big budget remake more than Total Recall but I can understand why the studios might be wary. Im not sure how big the potential audience is and science fiction movies are usually fairly costly to make.
I liked the Sci-Fi remake as well. Some of the clothing was over the top but the story and acting was pretty good.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:07 PM   #28
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurok View Post
Did i not say all of them?

I wouldn't have said I liked all of them if I didn't like all of them.

So you didn't, here's your sign.

Dude are you purposely moronic? I wasn't asking if you liked all of them.

It's like if you said "I hate watermelons" and I said "You hate watermelons?" as in "Wtf you hate watermelons?".

Here's your sign.

You read often?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:22 PM   #29
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

hordaktheman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
batman???
Batman isn't really a remake as much as new movies in a series.

King Kong would be a good remake though. Dawn of the Dead and The Fly are good ones as well.
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:48 PM   #30
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator View Post

Because all the good movies have already been re-made. Jk, I liked TRC...

You say that but just watch, dorks round here will be defending the hell out of it just like Transformers when its out.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote