Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 26, 2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Default iOS Apps/Gaming must have list.

Can you guys list any games and apps that are worth to try out ? Here is the list ive gathered so far.

Code:
8mm Vintage Camera
AngryBirds
Attack Submarine
Baby Accordeon
Barcode Scanner
Battleship
Burn the Rope
Cut the Rope
Camera+
Dark Nebula
Dead Space
Deadball
DoodleJump
Dungeon Hunter
Dungeon Raid
Ecco
Flight Control
Fruit Ninja
Game Dev Story
Grimm
Gun Builder
HalfPipe
I Dig It 2
iBomber Defense
iBone
iDos
Infinity Blade
Inotia 3
iYamato
Jenga
JetCarStunts
Myst
Pianist
Plants vs Zombies
Pocket Devil
Rage
Real Racing
RealVNC
RobotUnicorn
Scrabble
Secret of Mana
SimCity
Space Miner
Space Invaders Infinity
Starmap Pro
Zen Bound 2
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:16 PM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
ty kind sir
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:10 PM   #4
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Did you pick up your iTouch or just gearing up for when you get it?

Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:26 PM   #5
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Did you pick up your iTouch or just gearing up for when you get it?
Just gearing up
Old Jan 28, 2011, 03:46 AM   #6
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
Can you guys list any games and apps that are worth to try out ?
Here are all the apps and games that I consider worthy of my iP4. And I do check AppShopper and Toucharcade daily.

globalist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:14 PM   #7
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

ty guys, im pretty much 100 percent rdy
Old Feb 1, 2011, 08:27 PM   #8
logical
What is my purpose?

Post some impressions of it when you get it.. personally I dont like the way they put the headphone jack on the bottom

Old Feb 1, 2011, 08:47 PM   #9
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Post some impressions of it when you get it.. personally I dont like the way they put the headphone jack on the bottom
As long as we are complaining, I hate how easy it is to cover the speaker on my iPhone 4 when gaming on it. One of the rare complaints I have about my iPhone.

I'm not too worried about having the headphone jack on the bottom of the iTouch. It actually makes sense if you imagine putting it in and taking it out of a front pocket, as when you bring it out of your pocket to look at it it naturally ends up right side up.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:44 PM   #10
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
As long as we are complaining, I hate how easy it is to cover the speaker on my iPhone 4 when gaming on it. One of the rare complaints I have about my iPhone.

I'm not too worried about having the headphone jack on the bottom of the iTouch. It actually makes sense if you imagine putting it in and taking it out of a front pocket, as when you bring it out of your pocket to look at it it naturally ends up right side up.
i have the same complaint about the iphon , i have big hands and always end up covering the speaker when trying to game, headphone jack on the top makes it awkward to reposition when taking it out of the pocket, as opposed to the ipod where it comes naturally
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:05 AM   #11
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
i have the same complaint about the iphon , i have big hands and always end up covering the speaker when trying to game, headphone jack on the top makes it awkward to reposition when taking it out of the pocket, as opposed to the ipod where it comes naturally
Exactly, it makes sense for the headphone jack to be on the bottom and the speaker to be behind the screen (don't know if that is how the iTouch 4th gen does it, but my iTouch 2nd gen did).
Old Feb 3, 2011, 04:38 PM   #12
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Oh wow what a trip. So, I "thought" I was ready lol. I got the Ipod Touch and it came with 4.2.1 or was it 4.2 ? Anyways, the important part. I do a downgrade to 4.1, I go into DFU mode first, from there I started tiny umbrella and Irec? I restored the 4.1 firmware and from there I was stuck in DFU mode. I tried EVERYTHING and I mean everything to get out of it, I think I watched like 50 youtube videos. Finally I just restored to the original fw from apple and it started again (whew).

Then I learned about SHSH and how important is and that what I did was a waste of time and that there was no unthered way of going back to 4.1 without shsh. So now I backed up 4.2 SHSH for the future

Still Im friggin loving it!

Last edited by Tork64 : Feb 3, 2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 04:50 PM   #13
logical
What is my purpose?

Why are you going back to 4.1? Im pretty surer there is an untethered JB for iPods...

Anyway what do you think about it? One thing about the iPod is that its ungodly thin for what it does..

Old Feb 3, 2011, 04:53 PM   #14
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Why are you going back to 4.1? Im pretty surer there is an untethered JB for iPods...

Anyway what do you think about it? One thing about the iPod is that its ungodly thin for what it does..
Hmm ill look again, but I thought i read that the windows version was not out or it was and that it was extremely slow.

Id agree with the being thin part, it could easily slip from your hand if you arent too careful, which I almost did I really like the shape of the iphone though, wish apple would just make it the same body as that. Do you know of any case that makes it squarer ?

Last edited by Tork64 : Feb 3, 2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:06 PM   #15
logical
What is my purpose?

Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:15 PM   #16
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
what timing, getting it right now. Thanks a lot
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:10 PM   #17
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Hmm seems like there still is no windows version according to the posts that is.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:17 PM   #18
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Hmm seems like there still is no windows version according to the posts that is.
Can you borrow someone's OSX based machine for a few minutes? That's all it would take.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:18 PM   #19
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Didnt actually read it, Im not looking to upgrade to 4.21. I have a MacBook Pro as well as my PC if I wanted to though... Guess your out of luck for now... it probably wont be long before they get a windows version up.

Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:24 PM   #20
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

I think one of my cousins does have a macbook, ill call him up.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 01:28 PM   #21
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Nope he sold it, no bother though since its coming out tomorrow according to twitter update. I should add though, even when not jailbroken this thing is like a swiss army knife.

http://twitter.com/p0sixninja
Old Feb 5, 2011, 07:16 PM   #22
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

its out

EDIT: went without a hitch, installed cydia and all the other goodies

Last edited by Tork64 : Feb 5, 2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 02:08 AM   #23
logical
What is my purpose?

Im going to wait for 4.3 before I re-jailbreak. What was the main reason for jailbreaking?

Old Feb 6, 2011, 02:51 AM   #24
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Emulation but this instalous thing looks tempting but I bought all the apps I wanted. Excuse the typos still getting used to this thing, plus I need glasses lol
Old Feb 7, 2011, 03:43 PM   #25
orph'eus
Jedi Knight

orph'eus is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
its out

EDIT: went without a hitch, installed cydia and all the other goodies
i cant even get my 3Gs to be detected by the greenpois0n app in DFU mode.

following the instructions to a tee :/
orph'eus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2011, 03:49 PM   #26
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

hmm, are you sure you are in dfu mode ? Black screen, etc. If so you might wanna try another computer, Ive heard people having success doing that.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:35 PM   #27
orph'eus
Jedi Knight

Yeah its definitely in DFU mode as i have to hold both buttons down for 10 - 15 seconds to restart the device. Does the machine hace to have iTunes installed?
Old Feb 8, 2011, 09:51 PM   #28
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by orph'eus View Post
Yeah its definitely in DFU mode as i have to hold both buttons down for 10 - 15 seconds to restart the device. Does the machine hace to have iTunes installed?
Yes, as far as I know it does need iTunes installed.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 04:18 PM   #29
orph'eus
Jedi Knight

Sorted.

It seems the greenpois0n app didnt like me putting the device into DFU mode while it was running. Putting iPhone into DFU, and THEN plugging it in and opening greenpois0n seemed to do the trick...contrary to the readme file attached
Old Feb 9, 2011, 05:13 PM   #30
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by orph'eus View Post
Sorted.

It seems the greenpois0n app didnt like me putting the device into DFU mode while it was running. Putting iPhone into DFU, and THEN plugging it in and opening greenpois0n seemed to do the trick...contrary to the readme file attached
Weird.