Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old May 23, 2016, 08:38 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
clerick
tfw

clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default New "Top Gear" airs

Quote:
The presenters allegedly had to retake their lines numerous times and the audience were "unimpressed" with their attempt to entertain them.

An unnamed source told The Independent many left the studio at the Dunsfold Aerodrome when filming continued into the early hours of the evening.

This was despite Chris reportedly telling members of the audience that they would be "on their way by 4pm".

It comes just hours after it was claimed the 50-year-old "swore at the audience".

According to The Sun, the presenter grew impatient with the audience, and shouted: "Don't fold your arms, don't have your hands in your pockets.

"F, f, f, f, f***. Don't be quiet. Talk amongst yourselves. Jesus Christ! Can you all hear me?"

Following these reports, BBC director Mark Linsey issued a statement, which read: "We don't recognise The Sun's accounts of Top Gear's first studio recording on Thursday."
http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-...s-Matt-LeBlanc
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7042081.html
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...eary-rant.html
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2016, 09:16 AM   #2
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

I'm not surprised their initial tapings are not going without issue. I'm also not surprised that people are being so critical of it before it even gets started again.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2016, 09:53 AM   #3
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Meh, don't care about the creation soap opera, just let me watch the shows.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 23, 2016, 10:29 AM   #4
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I have no interest in the new Top Gear.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer H276HL | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2016, 10:46 AM   #5
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Reserving judgement until I actually see the show. Two great car shows would be fantastic. While interesting, I'm not ready to dismiss the show due to what reportedly goes on behind the scenes.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:49 AM   #6
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Reserving judgement until I actually see the show. Two great car shows would be fantastic. While interesting, I'm not ready to dismiss the show due to what reportedly goes on behind the scenes.
That's how I feel about it as well. I want both to be awesome.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2016, 12:32 PM   #7
meerkat154
Radeon R600

meerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymeerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Same here...will just think of the new "Top Gear" to be a new show and try not to compare to the original crew. Hopefully the original crew will be up to their usual shenanigans on their new show
-Kat
meerkat154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2016, 12:41 PM   #8
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Just to comment, Top Gear has been around longer than Jeremy, Richard and James. Just want to mention that when I see comments like "original crew".
Old May 23, 2016, 12:52 PM   #9
meerkat154
Radeon R600

meerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymeerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Just to comment, Top Gear has been around longer than Jeremy, Richard and James. Just want to mention that when I see comments like "original crew".
Ah - thanks. I should have looked that up. I only started watching it with Jeremy, Richard and James.
-Kat
meerkat154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2016, 02:31 PM   #10
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Fair enough.

BUT, Jeremy and team are what made Top Gear famous with the new format. It was simple and it worked as brilliant entertainment (for folks like me).

I like several of the new presenters so will give the new one a shot. Seems like a fair few folks are trying to tear it down before it starts. Going to reserve judgement till I see it.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2016, 12:26 AM   #11
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

As a big Top Gear fan, I'll continue to watch this show even without the trio.

I doubt I'll enjoy it as much as I did but there isn't much else on TV nowadays and I'm already missing the Top Gear track and the Stig. Happy to watch both shows.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2016, 08:16 AM   #12
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think if they keep the car sections maximum and all the other nonsense minimum, the show can be a hit. Top Gear in recent seasons had become an exercise in forwarding the show till you hit the one car review that they did.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2016, 08:24 AM   #13
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I think if they keep the car sections maximum and all the other nonsense minimum, the show can be a hit. Top Gear in recent seasons had become an exercise in forwarding the show till you hit the one car review that they did.
If you watched the previous trio for car reviews, then you were doing it wrong. In the remote instance they did a review, there was no substance to it. Fifth Gear is much better if you are actually looking to get a car review. The last generation Top Gear was just an entertainment show that had cars in it.
Old May 24, 2016, 08:36 AM   #14
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

The last several seasons of Top Gear were fantastic. They gave just enough car info in their reviews and the rest was just plain fun. The film crews were starting to do some pretty amazing camera work and editing. I hope they stay with that formula and don't change much, if anything. It was entertaining.

If I want cold, hard facts and pure reviews, I'll look it up on the web.
Old May 24, 2016, 09:00 AM   #15
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

I actually stopped watching the show more in the last few seasons due to it being less focused on cars (not that cars weren't involved, but it was too much with the scripted antics).
Old May 24, 2016, 03:10 PM   #16
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
If you watched the previous trio for car reviews, then you were doing it wrong. In the remote instance they did a review, there was no substance to it. Fifth Gear is much better if you are actually looking to get a car review. The last generation Top Gear was just an entertainment show that had cars in it.
The first several seasons of TG was actually decent enough for reviews and entertainment. It got more and more entertainment heavy later. But it was still breezy for someone like me

5th Gear was the same, quite informative really. And then it just got stupid.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2016, 07:39 PM   #17
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

I don't understand what you guys are looking for. Here's a review of the Lamborghini Huracan towards the end of the series.

What don't you like, what's missing, and what would you do different?

Things covered:
Cost
Power
Drivetrain
0-60
Top Speed
Various Electronics
Engine
Aero/Bodywork
Handling
Comparison to other models
Personal opinions
Hot lap around track with experienced driver

Old May 26, 2016, 07:49 AM   #18
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
What don't you like, what's missing, and what would you do different?
It's not so much of the review itself, it's the fact that those types of reviews became few and far between within their episodes. They have many multi-part episodes without a single review because they were doing some silly "challenge".
Old May 27, 2016, 02:30 PM   #19
Supra_Freak
I did this to your momma!

Supra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled with

I think those silly "challenges" are what made the show awesome. Like someone else mentioned, if i want cold hard facts on a vehicle il look it up on the web, or go to some other show that does nothing but that.

Top Gear is infamous for there crazy antics and challenges, and its what made the show awesome cause no one else was doing a lot of the things they were!

Edit: I'll hold my review on the new cast until a few episodes in. I dont expect the first one too be all that great, but we shall see. Either way im withholding my judgment for the time being.

Supra_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016, 02:33 PM   #20
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Freak View Post
I think those silly "challenges" are what made the show awesome. Like someone else mentioned, if i want cold hard facts on a vehicle il look it up on the web, or go to some other show that does nothing but that.

Top Gear is infamous for there crazy antics and challenges, and its what made the show awesome cause no one else was doing a lot of the things they were!

Edit: I'll hold my review on the new cast until a few episodes in. I dont expect the first one too be all that great, but we shall see. Either way im withholding my judgment for the time being.
Couldn't agree more. If you look at the US version of TG, it was pretty bad for the first season, but then they dropped the live audience (that was painful to watch), and the guys chemistry got much better.
Old May 27, 2016, 02:54 PM   #21
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_Freak View Post

Agree 100%

The visits to the USA, Polar Challenge, Patagonia, Supercars in Italy, Motorcycles in India, and the attemps to get across the lake with the Toybota/sail at/vwboat are fantastic entertainment.
Old May 27, 2016, 05:06 PM   #22
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Those Supra raises a great point, I think they ARE overdoing it.

It looks like a car show filmed by Michael Bay, not in a good way.
I mean, they even put overlay images of a piston blueprint right in the middle
of a track shot. That, and the shaky cam, is too much.

Otherwise, it's a great show.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2016, 09:15 PM   #23
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Just watched the first episode, and it's not bad at all. I don't really care for Chris, but I think he'll get better. I used to hate Rutledge Wood on the US series, but now he's one of my favorites on TG USA.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:37 AM   #24
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'm finishing up the first new episode right now, it's not as bad as it's being made out to be. Matt Le Blanc is probably the best host, Chris Evans is just stiff, he'll loosen up. He sure is an ugly mofo though. I thought the episode was fine, though I have no idea why they added an offroad section to the Reasonably Priced car section, nor why they ditched the "Reasonably Priced Car" for a Mini...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2016, 10:41 AM   #25
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

I wondered how the UK audience would react to Matt being on the show, but thus far it appears that most liked him. I think he saved that episode during the car segments, but he seemed a bit out of place in the live studio segment. That should get better with time though. I think if Chris calms down a bit, and stops yelling they'll do just fine.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:27 PM   #26
Supra_Freak
I did this to your momma!

Supra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled withSupra_Freak is not someone to be trifled with

Starting to watch the new episode now.... so far? dont like Chris's voice

Edit: Okay i finished the full episode about an hour or so ago, had to start and stop it a few times. Anyways, it was....... alright. Im not sure i like Chris all that much , but maybe he will grow on me, we shall see. Matt on the other hand, i dont mind him, he's alright and bugged me far far less than Chris! I will continue to watch the series and see how it develops.

Last edited by Supra_Freak : May 30, 2016 at 02:32 PM.
Supra_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2016, 08:23 PM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

2nd episode was decent enough. Chris Evans is still not great, but meh.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2016, 08:49 PM   #28
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

This one was better than the last for sure. Noticed they let Matt do more of the live stuff instead of Chris this time around too.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 02:13 PM   #29
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Finally got a chance to watch the first two episodes, and it wasn't too bad. They have the exact same show format, just different people presenting. They still aren't too fluid yet on the set, but it's not bad. Still a lot of staged stuff which I had hoped they would stop, but it's all there.

What I really liked was the TopGear Extra Gear 30 minute show. The format is great and I like the hosts.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 02:16 PM   #30
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Any place to watch this OTA?