Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Apr 29, 2009, 07:32 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRimm862 View Post

Disgusting Mark 2 with a fully hand built suspension, (custom control arms, sway bars, strut towers.

RWD, rear engine.

Fully hand built fiberglass aerodynamics. This guy is insane with his skills.
Its a shame he has no eye for design still, props for all the work he's doing.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 07:33 PM   #92
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

2005 Spyker C8

2004 TVR Sagaris

2005 Pagani Zonda F
Old Apr 29, 2009, 08:58 PM   #93
GRimm862
Banned

GRimm862 is still being judged by the masses

Sportmax love... They look nice sometimes. Even if they are cheap and ricey.
GRimm862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 29, 2009, 09:24 PM   #94
red_star
Banned

red_star is still being judged by the masses

red_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 05:03 AM   #95
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Ive watched a tire come off a wheel in a parking lot race.. With a car that had its tires/wheels setup in such a fashion.

Dont tell me its not an issue, Ive watched it.
heaps of people here (mainly drifters) run stretched tires and i've never seen one come off, even when using yum cha brand tyres. i had a bit of stretch on the front on my last car using reasonable tyres (toyo proxes 4 215/45 on a 17x9" rim) and i had no issues with grip, and i had more road feel than when i was running the same size tyre on a 17x8" rim. i could have fitted a 225/45 tyre, but at $80 a tyre extra for a 5% increase in contact patch, it wouldn't be worth it. going wider isn't always the best if you are sacrificing decent compound for a slightly larger compound patch. on the rear you don't want stretched tyres, but you don't want bulging tyres either or the car will wobble. my mr2 came with 225/50 tyres on a 16x6" rim on the back and it felt terrible. i've now got 16x7" rims on the back with 205/45 tyres and it handles a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_star View Post
looks pretty hot, but i doubt they will actually make it.

anyhow, less talk, more pics!

i've forgotten what the name of this car is, but it's pretty insane.
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 05:03 AM   #96
gamefoo21
Radeon HD5670 1GB

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRimm862 View Post
*snip*
So like most things Ricers do, it is to look "cool" at the sacrifice of performance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
i had more road feel than when i was running the same size tyre on a 17x8" rim.
I've noticed something, to run stretched tires most people reccomend a higher psi than a tire of the proper sizing... I know in my car, if I keep the tires up where they are the happiest, they tend to also give an increase in road feel. I honestly have to wonder if this isn't just bogusness brought on by most ricer drivers not realizing the difference 50psi in a tire makes vs. 30psi in terms of overall tire rigidity. I can also see a another reason for all the extra pressure when you spread a tire like that you concave the contact patch, so you push the pressure up to make it go slightly convex.

Heatware

Last edited by gamefoo21 : Apr 30, 2009 at 05:29 AM.
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2009, 07:02 AM   #97
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
So like most things Ricers do, it is to look "cool" at the sacrifice of performance...

I've noticed something, to run stretched tires most people reccomend a higher psi than a tire of the proper sizing... I know in my car, if I keep the tires up where they are the happiest, they tend to also give an increase in road feel. I honestly have to wonder if this isn't just bogusness brought on by most ricer drivers not realizing the difference 50psi in a tire makes vs. 30psi in terms of overall tire rigidity. I can also see a another reason for all the extra pressure when you spread a tire like that you concave the contact patch, so you push the pressure up to make it go slightly convex.
i ran 34psi in my tyres, same with all the wheels i had. i experimented a bit with tyre pressures, anything significantly less made the tyre sloppy, anything significantly more made it too hard and reduced grip.

mmm carbon
Old May 2, 2009, 09:50 AM   #98
squid
Cute

civic. it's gangsta yo
Old May 2, 2009, 11:33 AM   #99
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

2004 TVR Sagaris

Something about that car makes me want to mount it and have my way with it.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 12:57 PM   #100
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Something about that car makes me want to mount it and have my way with it.

The little kid behind the wheel?
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 01:53 PM   #101
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I saw that. Lucky little ****. I would throw a spear through her head to take her place.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old May 2, 2009, 01:56 PM   #102
Sentri
Lost in Britannia

Sentri is still being judged by the masses

Huh? Hello, Mc. Fly is anyone home? It's right hand drive.

288 GTO Evoluzione, without it the F40 would have never been made.

Last edited by Sentri : May 2, 2009 at 02:01 PM.
Sentri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 11:39 PM   #103
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I totally forgot about that. There is a LHD Sagaris though

Nom.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:51 AM   #104
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Old May 4, 2009, 11:01 PM   #105
JonE30

JonE30 is still being judged by the masses

Grim: I take it that you are one of the fellow few that enjoy good old school German engineering. Here are a few of my car for your viewing pleasure.

All the way to the left in this picture^^

EXTREMELY over Pshopped picture from somebody on one of the local forums.
JonE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2009, 09:24 AM   #106
GRimm862
Banned

GRimm862 is still being judged by the masses

Nice car man. You part of any of the e30 forums? R3v, e30tech?

What kind of wheels are those btw.
GRimm862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2009, 06:21 PM   #107
JonE30

JonE30 is still being judged by the masses

Both. haha
On r3v I go by PiercedE30, E30T I go by PiercedGuy.
Wheels are E38 basket weaves (16x8, et23) on E30M3 suspension.
JonE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 08:48 AM   #108
squid
Cute

yes, they somehow made a ford taurus look even uglier
Old May 14, 2009, 09:59 AM   #109
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Daaaaaaaaamn, I don't know what the **** that is.
lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 10:02 AM   #110
squid
Cute

it's a ford taurus. also note the 3 rolls of toilet paper on the back parcel shelf
Old May 18, 2009, 05:10 AM   #111
squid
Cute

Old May 18, 2009, 06:40 AM   #112
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Someone should tell that guy they installed his engine wrong
Old May 20, 2009, 10:30 AM   #113
squid
Cute

yeah it's a chop, but still funny
Old May 26, 2009, 08:47 AM   #114
squid
Cute

Old Jun 6, 2009, 04:45 PM   #115
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Was testing the 3.2mpixel camera on my new Palm Pre. Not too shabby. All I've done is crop it.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 04:13 AM   #116
squid
Cute

it's still fwd, probably mostly standard under the bonnet as well
Old Jun 23, 2009, 05:48 AM   #117
squid
Cute

and now for something sexy... carbon fibre bodied veyron

Last edited by squid : Jun 23, 2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 09:09 PM   #118
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
it's still fwd, probably mostly standard under the bonnet as well
Front wheel drive with a supposedly stock motor equipped with monster rear tires and a rear wheelie bar.

I'm speechless.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:07 PM   #119
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

Why would you think its a stock motor .. haha.. with that added weight it would barely be able to run if it was a stock motor
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:54 PM   #120
squid
Cute

rotary powered couch