Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:48 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
It's fake. It shows 195F unless it's really cold, or really hot, then it will read. Oil temp is all you really need. The cooling system is pretty beast.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/
Cars have been using dummy gauges since 1998. GM actually introduced it because of the amount of complaints they would get over a "fluctuating" coolant gauge.

This was back when alot of blocks went to aluminum, and lower operating temperature. Older cast iron blocks didn't fluctuate as heavy, and also ran a bit hotter which maintained a temperature more consistently.

There is everyone's fun fact of the day.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2019, 01:17 PM   #92
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Cars have been using dummy gauges since 1998. GM actually introduced it because of the amount of complaints they would get over a "fluctuating" coolant gauge.
They have been non-linear for longer than that. My '93 Mazda RX7 was that way and I'm pretty sure my old Subaru XT was that way back in the day. Definitely not introduced in 1998.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2019, 03:26 PM   #93
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
They have been non-linear for longer than that. My '93 Mazda RX7 was that way and I'm pretty sure my old Subaru XT was that way back in the day. Definitely not introduced in 1998.
interesting, never heard of anything earlier than 98 having it. I wonder if it was something specific due to the rotary engine.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 3, 2019, 03:40 PM   #94
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Where are the goddamn pics?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2019, 03:52 PM   #95
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
interesting, never heard of anything earlier than 98 having it. I wonder if it was something specific due to the rotary engine.
Yeah, the coolant gauge on my 93' Corrado is fake too. Fun fact.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2019, 04:21 PM   #96
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Where are the goddamn pics?
Been busy, but I'll get them taken eventually.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 09:22 PM   #97
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

The low speed jerking is really getting annoying. No way this is normal behavior. Scheduling the DSG Service ASAP to get fresh fluid in it and then will drive it and see how it behaves. If it still does it, I'll hound the dealer to fix the issue or let me test drive a brand new one to compare.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:49 PM   #98
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Sounds like it needs the DSG service for sure. My wife's 09 Jetta TDI DSG needed that service, same symptoms.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote