Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 17, 2019, 09:12 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Spencer
Today's F word: Fabulous

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Any vision problems from using ray tracing?

If anyone notices temporary blurred vision or other vision issues with ray tracing. There are reports of those problems we've read about from HDR like articles on sites such as CNET. But I can't find anything about it as a result of just having ray tracing on in games.

Not sure if my slightly blurred vision for six hours or so was from RT in Metro Exodus and SOTR or from bright flashes from TV cable shows. Also games with no RT can cause it for me too like the super bright flashes in some fighting gameplay. If it is because of ray tracing then I may just be a wimp physically in addition to the mental wimp I already am. I've turned off RT in Metro Exodus, SOTR and BF5 for now while I sort it out.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 09:37 PM   #2
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

wut
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 09:39 PM   #3
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Talk to your doctor. A bunch of us numbskulls on an internet form are unlikely to be of much help.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 17, 2019, 09:41 PM   #4
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Stop jacking off at RTX effects.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 09:41 PM   #5
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I don't think raytracing in itself should have any different effect than normal rasterization. It's just a different way of doing lighting, which should be more accurate to the real world.

If you're having strange reactions to bright flashes, it does seem like something you should see a doctor about. Hopefully it's something innocuous, but it's worth finding out.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 09:54 PM   #6
Spencer
Today's F word: Fabulous

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ah man I forgot about the jacking off thing as a reason mentioned two posts above. You know the saying "it'll make you go blind." Also before I go to a doctor I'll check all games I'm playing.

Guild Wars 1 was years ago for me but I remember blurred vision for a while when staring at the fireworks in that game. Same for some fireworks in videos, if I look directly at them I get blurred vision for a few minutes or longer. So I have to look slightly to the side of them if there's a space for that in the video or movie and that prevents vision issues but can ruin the fireworks experience.

Last edited by Spencer : Apr 17, 2019 at 10:01 PM.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 02:05 AM   #7
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

For God sakes turn down the monitor brightness lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:08 AM   #8
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Raytraced or not you're looking at pretty much the same thing on the monitor.
If anything it's your monitor being too bright, specially if you're in a dark room with no backlighting and stuff like that.
How the monitor output was generated has no bearing whatsoever.
The maximum brightness of a hdr display can have some real consequences tho in terms of blinding.
If you have cataracts you could be more sensitive to strong light in a dark environment as it refracts and disperses differently.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 06:44 PM   #9
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I can only think of blurry issues when they're doing partial ray tracing where only every 2nd pixel is shown.

I would recommend seeing an eye doctor. Sounds almost like cataracts or some issue with your retina/eye pressure. Is it in both eyes?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2019, 06:09 PM   #10
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Stop masturbating?

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2019, 07:36 PM   #11
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Stop masturbating?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2019, 09:34 PM   #12
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

SubCog don’t copy my advice.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:05 PM   #13
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
SubCog don’t copy my advice.
You can even run rtx effects effectively lol.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote