Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 8, 2011, 03:41 PM   #811
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Battlefield 3 gameplay off-screen

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:02 PM   #812
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I´m going to play this game for a long while i think.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:34 PM   #813
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

God, one of those dumbass teammates who runs around with the flashlight highlighting his own men.
Can't believe everyone resisted a TK there.
When I want your opinion, I'll tell you it.
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:43 PM   #814
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Support solider has bi-pod - placed on any surface in game (more accuracy)
About ***ing time!
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:57 PM   #815
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
I´m going to play this game for a long while i think.
YES!

I'm enlisting
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 05:02 PM   #816
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I can't believe they made this instead of Mirror's Edge 2
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 06:55 PM   #817
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
I can't believe they made this instead of Mirror's Edge 2
Made what? A next generation shooting game that spans land, sea and air warfare?

Mirrors Edge isn't that good, I dunno why people put it in such a high regard. It's just a jump and run game.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:25 PM   #818
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
Made what? A next generation shooting game that spans land, sea and air warfare?

Mirrors Edge isn't that good, I dunno why people put it in such a high regard. It's just a jump and run game.
Did you just praise a game for being generic and then bash a game for being generic?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:36 PM   #819
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Mirror's Edge was fine, but after having finally beat it not that long ago, I don't see it worth all the hype I see it gets. It introduced some cool new features and I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel. But as for a game it really wasn't anything amazing. Also really short too, maybe 5 hours tops.

Battlefield 3 has been a long time coming. We've been waiting for it since Battlefield 2 and as a military game and a FPS it looks like it's introducing elements of immersion we've never seen before. At least, not all in one package. So if Dice ever had to make a decision between Mirrors Edge or Battlefield I'm glad they chose Battlefield. But let's be honest, they didn't toss a coin on which one to do. Battlefield hands down.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:39 PM   #820
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
Mirror's Edge was fine, but after having finally beat it not that long ago, I don't see it worth all the hype I see it gets. It introduced some cool new features and I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel. But as for a game it really wasn't anything amazing. Also really short too, maybe 5 hours tops.

Battlefield 3 has been a long time coming. We've been waiting for it since Battlefield 2 and as a military game and a FPS it looks like it's introducing elements of immersion we've never seen before. At least, not all in one package. So if Dice ever had to make a decision between Mirrors Edge or Battlefield I'm glad they chose Battlefield. But let's be honest, they didn't toss a coin on which one to do. Battlefield hands down.
Of course it wasn't up to them, why make a innovative game that will sell 200,000 copies when they can make a generic FPS that will sell 2,000,000 copies in 24 hours. EA made the decision based on sales performance of both games and picked the one that would give the greatest ROI. Easy choice really.
And yes it's generic is everyone already forgetting BF-1942? You can do everything VVanks just said in that one, so how is this one innovative again?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:40 PM   #821
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
Did you just praise a game for being generic and then bash a game for being generic?
Uh, how is a shooting game that spans land, sea AND air generic? That's like saying Supreme Commander is just another boring RTS game.

Mirror's Edge lost the fun after about 20 minutes into the game when I realized the trick to every puzzle and it just became mundane. In fact I'm going to reinstall it tonight just to see why you think its so fun.

It's never as fun has having your friends in the helo, calling in an air support over the mic and watch it coming in, running around in a squad of your friends, while another squad of friends are in tanks giving you over watch, while you flank and take the point. Or dicking around as a team and doing dumb stuff.

Now that's fun, I enjoy playing with friends more than running around alone. More friends being able to be active in the game the better.

To each his own I guess
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:42 PM   #822
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I enjoy playing with friends more than running around alone.

That's all you needed to say and that right there is the appeal of these games, but calling it innovative is a big stretch.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 08:43 PM   #823
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Isn't that good!? Mirror's Edge was incredible! What makes it great is that it looks gorgeous and makes you feel incredibly acrobatic as you slide, jump, and do wild moves throughout the levels. It puts more emphasis on maneuvering past opponents rather than blasting through them with a big ol' arsenal of weaponry, and that's what's so great about it - it's a very fresh way to play FPS! Maybe it's a First Person Runner rather than Shooter.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:02 PM   #824
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Well you people seem to love it, I'm gonna reinstall it and see what's the big deal. The last time I played it I got bored after a while.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:05 PM   #825
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Well you people seem to love it, I'm gonna reinstall it and see what's the big deal. The last time I played it I got bored after a while.
I'm not sure that's necessary you already qualified your preferences in gaming and ME does not provide what you are looking for really.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:16 PM   #826
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I played like 20 mins of Mirror Edge and uninstalled it some years ago. Seriously guys if you think Mirror Edge was much worth than BF3 then you deserve it

Between a successful franchise that people still play after 7 years vs a game that ended up in the 10$ bargain bin in less than a month, I think the choice was obvious.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:18 PM   #827
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

This is from some random from another forum. I guess some people got to play BF3 MP during the show:

Bunch of people got hands on multiplayer. No cameras were allowed, though.

From what I can gather, here are some of the bigger changes:

-You can now slide, and vault over obstacles.

-4 classes again. Assault was merged with Medic and now revives, Support gives ammo and has MGs.

-Ammo (atleast in the demo) was pretty scarce, so Support was a much needed class.

-Snipers and Machine Guns can now use a tri/bi-pod to deploy with. Increases accuracy.

-New Suppressive Fire mechanic. When you lay down supressive fire, anyone caught in it will have slightly blurred vision, making it harder to see and move. If one of your teammates kills an enemy that's suppressed, you gain experience points.

-Engineers can attach flashlights to weapons. Supposedly helps with really dark areas, and can temporarily blind enemies in them? Seems weird.

-You now have an option to be resuscitated.

-Snipers can hold their breaths to improve them aim momentarily.

-3 weapon attachments per gun.

-Three levels of environmental destruction: large-scale set-piece destruction that will be scripted into various levels; "facade"-level destruction of medium-sized environmental objects, like small buildings; and "microdestruction"--namely, the chipping away of solid objects under repeated gunfire.

-Vehicle damage has also received a major overhaul. In Battlefield 3, if the enemy fires a rocket into the back of a tank, only the guy in the rear will be killed, rather than everyone in the tank. A vehicle can now be incapacitated, but the gunners will still be able to fire out when it's at low health; it just won't be able to move anywhere until an engineer repairs it.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:36 PM   #828
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

This is all great but I can't wait to fly a fighter jet over head or A-10 doing strafing runs
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:55 PM   #829
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

^

I wonder what new features the jets will have..
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:58 PM   #830
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Yeah I'm really looking forward to that. I mostly did air in the previous Battlefields. I don't think they are going to do it half assed though.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:08 AM   #831
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

It's feels very much like bad company 2 which is something I don't like. Where are the jets? Vehicle combat? Tons and tons of tanks vs tank combat?
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:12 AM   #832
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
It's feels very much like bad company 2 which is something I don't like. Where are the jets? Vehicle combat? Tons and tons of tanks vs tank combat?
Maybe they're not fully done with that portion of the game... We'll get proper air vehicles this time around I think. All they really have to do is copy BF2 which shouldn't be that hard.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:15 AM   #833
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I hope there arent too many of them italy like maps(small and enclosed). Battlefield is about big and open environments... well thats how it started and how it should be.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 02:52 AM   #834
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

I am thinking that the tank run is a multiplayer map in itself. Or at least hopefully.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:31 AM   #835
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

To me, the BF series is about the big maps and the large conflict playing out that you and your squad take a small part in.
I wasnt really playing online with the first one, so BF2 is my touchstone for BF games really (played a bunch of local coop in the first one, but thats a very different game then online).

So thats what I want more of.
The small maps, and the infantry vs infantry stuff, didnt enjoy that as much in BF2, and it got kinda old fast in BF:BC2, and TODAY when there are a milion versions of Modern Warfare and look alikes, thats not really something they should focus too much on IMO, and I dont think that would be playing to the strength of the series.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 04:48 AM   #836
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Small maps aren't what I want in a battlefield game. I want large, open, epic landscapes.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 05:18 AM   #837
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Dont like that assault will now be the medic class

I get the feeling I'm going to be playing a lot of support class in BF3..
Old Jun 9, 2011, 05:27 AM   #838
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Dont like that assault will now be the medic class

I get the feeling I'm going to be playing a lot of support class in BF3..
Looking at it from one way it makes sense, cause the medic was pretty much a assault class with revive, just slightly different weapons, but still pretty good ones.
Looking at it from the other way, I dont want everyone playing assault to be able to revive people.
I shudder a bit recalling spots where swarms of medic just chain revived eachother while you ran your ammo dry trying to kill the squad.

I cant recall how it worked in BC2, but wasnt there a item you had to equip to be a "medic"? so you sacrifice something for the capability.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 05:50 AM   #839
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
Looking at it from one way it makes sense, cause the medic was pretty much a assault class with revive, just slightly different weapons, but still pretty good ones.
Looking at it from the other way, I dont want everyone playing assault to be able to revive people.
I shudder a bit recalling spots where swarms of medic just chain revived eachother while you ran your ammo dry trying to kill the squad.

I cant recall how it worked in BC2, but wasnt there a item you had to equip to be a "medic"? so you sacrifice something for the capability.
From what ive read, essentially you will be able to equip the Assault class with a medic load out, in place of say a rocket / grenade launcher etc.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:43 AM   #840
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

I don't really like this incapacited vehicle idea, part of the fun with them was trusting your driver not to get it into a vulnerable spot.
And the other part of the fun was seeing a fully geared up humvee heading towards you just as you picked up a rocket launcher kit....
When I want your opinion, I'll tell you it.
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote